HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tavares:I'll gladly play for whoever drafts me

Old
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
JT 91 NYI*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
And when the team is winning, they do get ratings. Plus the affluence of the area means advertisers are reaching a lucrative demographic. Many wealthy eyeballs means high ad fees.

The irony is that the broadcaster, Cablevision, owns the Rangers.
The Ranger Franchise would probably be happy to see the Isles get Tavares. The Islander/Ranger rivalry is among the best in sports. Having both teams be very good is good for ratings.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
I have been observing this board for years, posting for two.

You are, bar none, the worst poster I've ever encountered. Instead of going back and fourth with your pathetic delusions of grandeur, I will simply put you on ignore. A thread without dubey is a thread worth reading. You're ineptitude is astounding.

There's a typo in there, get to work!
Buddy you have your own fans complaining about you in the business section. Along with your blatant disrespect to Chuck Wang.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Matt Duchene will be a better NHL'er than Hedman, maybe better than Tavares. He wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. Although he's touted as going 3rd overall, people still compare him to Kane, Schenn, and MSP. He should be getting mentioned with Tavares and Hedman.
Oh really? Nice way to discuss absolutes when confirming the future.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
You make some good points there, and it's really a weird situation I guess. In my opinion the Avalanche do not deserve the pick. But the team that finishes last or in the bottom three gets it. It's not so much that they don't deserve it, it's just unfair that they very well might get it. They've been a solid team for so long, they have one off season, and they get Tavares or Hedman. I never said anything was wrong with what the Flyers did, I just think that's what the Avalanche will do next season, regardless of if they have Hedman or Tavares in their lineup. Who knew a few key injuries to players like Joe Sakic and Statsny could cripple a team that would normally be in playoff contention.
That seems to be the case with most people who don't want Colorado getting the pick. "More deserving" seems to be the team who has been the worst for the longest. But the draft works on a season by season basis, and the Avs have been terrible this season. Injuries didn't help, but playoff contention would be as good as this team could have been, given the goaltending and coaching. The record tells me that we're as deserving as the Islanders or Lightning.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
Oh really? Nice way to discuss absolutes when confirming the future.
I'm just very high on Matt Duchene, and it was merely my opinion. He's my favourite guy in this years draft though, not to take anything away from Tavares or Hedman.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
That seems to be the case with most people who don't want Colorado getting the pick. "More deserving" seems to be the team who has been the worst for the longest. But the draft works on a season by season basis, and the Avs have been terrible this season. Injuries didn't help, but playoff contention would be as good as this team could have been, given the goaltending and coaching. The record tells me that we're as deserving as the Islanders or Lightning.
A good case could be made for the Avalanche to get Tavares. They certainly deserve something for this off year they've had. It's just my opinion that the Islanders deserve him more. Regardless of which team gets him, he's said he'll be happy to play there and I'm sure both teams would love to have him!

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote