HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#80) we CAN do this edition Mon @ NY 7 PM MSG PLUS

Old
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
Carey Price is the most overrated player in the NHL.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
KotsyJr
THE POWER OF CHRIST

Great game tonight.

Always enjoy beating Montreal.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Carey Price is the most overrated player in the NHL.
He's just a kid who's in over his head. Give him a break.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

i ve wanted to make my 1,000 post on HF productive so here it goes

we've ben through so many ups and downs this season, and it all comes down to 2 games vs philly. I know this team has let us down a lot this year, but now more than ever we need to have full faith and give them support. I find it crazy when people say who cares if we get in..were mediocre and will get crushed right away. who cares?! we care! Times got awfully tough this year, and here we are still supporting the team we live and die with. If we win and make the playoffs, will be here..going crazy and getting ready to shcok the hockey world. If we dont make it, guess what? will still be here. This is what being a ranger fan is about, its a passion that goes beyond a simple who cares. So lets go boys! lets finish off strong, and get this playoff spot. Dont tell me we cant play with teams in the playoffs, because we have, we can, and we will. in the playoffs, anything can happen. Lets do this new york, lets do this garden faithful... 2 points and were in! We Bleed blue!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
To the person who said naslund-Drury-cally would suck ...man did they shut you up? haha

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Just got back...what an atmosphere. The Garden was absolutely nuts tonight. Win Thursday and it will be fantastic...

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I agree. I think he's a decent goalie. They handed the reigns over to a 20 year old kid last year & expected him to perform on a level of Patrick Roy. Price is another goalie being swallowed up by the media & the pressure cooker that is Montreal. I actually feel bad for the kid.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Just got back...what an atmosphere. The Garden was absolutely nuts tonight. Win Thursday and it will be fantastic...
I'll be the biggest Thrasher fan on thursday.. That's all that matters.. A Panther loss and we're finally in. Of course, if the Rangers win both, you have the momentum going for you in the show. The two games will be tough enough, but wouldn't be nice to overtake Montreal with a win in the final game of the year, without any pressure?

LGR!

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:09 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Oh, to be a rookie goalie in Montreal. I cannot imagine a worse pressure cooker. And no way Gainey should not be held to answer for any so called 'failings' of Carey Price. He was more than happy to put this kid into that situation.
I wouldn't mind it blowing up in Gainey's face, except for the fact I really would hate to see Price's career screwed up by it.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
i ve wanted to make my 1,000 post on HF productive so here it goes

we've ben through so many ups and downs this season, and it all comes down to 2 games vs philly. I know this team has let us down a lot this year, but now more than ever we need to have full faith and give them support. I find it crazy when people say who cares if we get in..were mediocre and will get crushed right away. who cares?! we care! Times got awfully tough this year, and here we are still supporting the team we live and die with. If we win and make the playoffs, will be here..going crazy and getting ready to shcok the hockey world. If we dont make it, guess what? will still be here. This is what being a ranger fan is about, its a passion that goes beyond a simple who cares. So lets go boys! lets finish off strong, and get this playoff spot. Dont tell me we cant play with teams in the playoffs, because we have, we can, and we will. in the playoffs, anything can happen. Lets do this new york, lets do this garden faithful... 2 points and were in! We Bleed blue!

Congrats man!!

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:16 PM
zarao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
To the person who said naslund-Drury-cally would suck ...man did they shut you up? haha
Perhaps Naslund and Drury read the post and felt they had someting to prove. Well done to the person who said that. Well done indeed.

zarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
He was terrible tonight. He couldn't hold onto a shot, was completely lost sometimes, and just looked extremely shaky. I'm not using 1 game as a sample size as some people like to do, but I think last year's situation and the expectations that have been placed on him have really messed with this kids head. Tonight was evidence.. He played well positionally, but he made loads of mental mistakes, that could have been avoided if he was more decisive and had more confidence in net. He is not ready for full time duty. He needs time. I want him to succeed, but Montreal really screwed up. I think "Jesus" Price got to his head.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
I think "Jesus" Price got to his head.
I actually doubt that he believed it at all. He's just a kid trying to learn the big game, and they tell him "Hey Carey, you don't need the AHL, you're better than that. Here, try this jersey on...."

And, what a stupid (even John Ferguson Junior probably would have been scared) gamble by Gainey, who should know better.

Last edited by trilobyte: 04-07-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: had to
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Macke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
I said they would rock.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:51 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Not to mention the Habs were without their #1 and #2 defenseman. Lets see any NHL team win under those conditions. Give him another 2 years of seasoning and I bet he will be a top-10 or top-15 goalie.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Great atmosphere at MSG tonight. I do think that the fact that there were a lot of Habs fans there ratcheted things up a bit, but I said that the crowd had to get behind the team and help make these final 2 home games like a vintage-Garden crowd and that's what happened tonight. The team played a very hard-working, physical game. Drury stepped up when we needed him the most, Antropov played an excellent game despite being hurt, Lundqvist came through when we needed him and everything worked out.

I loved the fact that the PA system played "Ole ole ole" at the end of the game When we were leaving the arena and saw some Habs fans, we were singing that. That was fun.

I thought Carey Price was quite shaky tonight, to be honest. He made some acrobatic saves, but he also struggled on some kind of weak shots. I think the kid is going to be good, but he looked like the pressure got to him a little tonight.

Also, big props to the Flyers for taking care of the Panthers tonight. What a weird scene it was seeing the 'Flyers 2 Panthers 1' score flash up on Gardenvision and hearing the whole crowd cheer. Playoff races make you do strange things, that's for sure.

It's been a wild season, very up and down, very stressful at times, but nevertheless here we are. We just need a win or a Panthers loss and we're in. Anything can happen, just look at the '05 Oilers or the '99 Knicks and of course the '07 Giants.

Just get it done, boys. As a side, it would be kind of amusing to see the Habs miss the playoffs as well, but first thing's first let's worry about our own business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Anyone at the game see the drunk nut get into a fight with like 8 security guards in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd? That was the section over from me....that guy was going nuts.
I noticed this. I was paying attention to the game but it looked like it was pretty brutal. I'm guessing Rangers fan and Habs fan?

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
TylerDurden

"god sather trade captain cliche, what an underachieving pos. some captain he is."

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I agree. I think he's a decent goalie. They handed the reigns over to a 20 year old kid last year & expected him to perform on a level of Patrick Roy. Price is another goalie being swallowed up by the media & the pressure cooker that is Montreal. I actually feel bad for the kid.
spending many a times in Montreal I can say the media and pressure from the fans isn't all that noticeable if you only speak english

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Give him another 2 years of seasoning and I bet he will be a top-10 or top-15 goalie.
As a Hab? Never going to happen.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Block More Shots

Chris Drury played like he was truly the Captain of the New York Rangers...and I loved it.

Is Captain Clutch starting to come alive? If so then these last two games and hopefully the playoffs will be VERY exciting!

Overall, solid team effort. I liked what I saw from Dru, Gomer, Antro, Z, and Cally. The D had a pretty good night as well.

Let's take Thursday's game and clinch.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:42 AM
NYR Viper

The players Sather wanted to build this team around(Gomez and Drury) are finally being able to build some chemistry with some of their linemates and you can see it. It will take more time and I dont think Naslund should be a part of it next season but I like the general mold here.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:46 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
As a Hab? Never going to happen.
Oh come on, give the kid some credit. It's a sophomore slump, and not even a bad one. He played like a top 15 goalie last season, and is arguably on the outer cusp of that this season. Do you honestly think he peaked at 19?

EDIT: Make that 20, not 19.

Last edited by clmetsfan: 04-08-2009 at 01:00 AM.
clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
NYR Viper

Yea, he is going to be good. He is also coming off of the flu so I wouldnt say he is the most overrated player in the NHL. I think thats a bit of a bold statement.

Old
04-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Cake or Death

Awesome, awesome game. I was happy to see them play with some passion and earn a great win in a game that we needed to win. The concept of wanting Philly to win, though, made me slightly nauseous.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Oh come on, give the kid some credit. It's a sophomore slump, and not even a bad one. He played like a top 15 goalie last season, and is arguably on the outer cusp of that this season. Do you honestly think he peaked at 19?

EDIT: Make that 20, not 19.
Obviously...you've not read my previous posts. What I'm saying is...it's not going to happen as long as he's a Hab. Montreal in general, has a habit of chewing up & spitting out their goalies if they don't perform to Patrick Roy expectations.

Best thing this kid's agent could do for him is somehow get him the hell out of Montreal and let him develop properly. Do you honestly think Steve Mason in Columbus would be having such a dynamic rookie year had he been in Montreal? I think not.

Mason blew a game recently against St. Louis when he tried clear the puck up the center of the ice but instead put the puck right on the stick of David Backus right in front the empty net for an easy goal. The Montreal fans & media would have crucified him that very night. Price is not afforded the same luxury as Mason is in Columbus.

Last edited by Blazephr: 04-08-2009 at 05:35 AM.