HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - Phi

Old
04-08-2009, 03:47 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

vCash: 500
La - Phi

Draft Day. Trying to gauge what both sides think so feel free to flame I suppose.

To PHI: LA's 1st (about 5th or 6th overall) + Jeff Zatkoff + 4th round pick

To LA: Scott Hartnell + PHI 1st (mid 20s abouts)

Philly gets a great future player (a B. Schenn, Cowen, Kane, etc), a good young goalie prospect (there isn't much talk about Zatkoff but he puts up good numbers), and a 4th in a deep draft (throw-in). They also free up cap room to use to address some team needs in the offseason, such as signing a better goalie or a #1/2 D-man (Jaybo maybe?). LA gets a gritty scorer coming off a fantastic year and a 1st rounder that should still land someone pretty decent.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:58 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Draft Day. Trying to gauge what both sides think so feel free to flame I suppose.

Philly gets a great future player (a B. Schenn, Cowen, Kane, etc), a good young goalie prospect (there isn't much talk about Zatkoff but he puts up good numbers), and a 4th in a deep draft (throw-in). They also free up cap room to use to address some team needs in the offseason, such as signing a better goalie or a #1/2 D-man (Jaybo maybe?). LA gets a gritty scorer coming off a fantastic year and a 1st rounder that should still land someone pretty decent.
Hmmm. Interesting. Hartnell is a very important part of the team. On top of that he has that NTC thing which kind of sucks in terms of something like this working.

A top 5 pick is enticing of course.

I'd probably counter with Lupul + PHI 1st as a package deal for something like just LAK's 1st without including the prospect and the 4th. Not really all that interested in Zaktoff. Lupul is a 25g-25a guy where as Hartnell is a little bit more offensively with better intangibles.

Still if you need a winger who can put up points...there you go.

If you say no go then I understand.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Hmmm. Interesting. Hartnell is a very important part of the team. On top of that he has that NTC thing which kind of sucks in terms of something like this working.

A top 5 pick is enticing of course.

I'd probably counter with Lupul + PHI 1st as a package deal for something like just LAK's 1st without including the prospect and the 4th. Not really all that interested in Zaktoff. Lupul is a 25g-25a guy where as Hartnell is a little bit more offensively with better intangibles.

Still if you need a winger who can put up points...there you go.

If you say no go then I understand.
Lupul is a big downgrade from Hartnell...I don't think LA does that deal.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:19 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Lupul is a big downgrade from Hartnell...I don't think LA does that deal.
This. Sorry. I like Lupul and all but he's just way too inconsistent and doesn't offer a fraction of what Hartnell brings to the ice.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:28 AM
twenty2

Quote:
This. Sorry. I like Lupul and all but he's just way too inconsistent and doesn't offer a fraction of what Hartnell brings to the ice.
Agree. I like Lupul too actually which is why I get so annoyed when people rag on him. He's no more inconsistent than any other 50 point forward in the NHL. I mean if we want to talk about inconsistency/production value alone Lupul is as valuable if not more than players like Jordan Staal, Saku Koivu, Rod Brind'Amour, Kris Versteeg, Bryan Little, and Patrick Berglund. That is to say some of those players are younger than Lupul and have higher potential, but don't forget Lupul himself is still young. Anyway, the point is that if you think any of those players are consistent then you can't call Lupul inconsistent. He's just as consistent as ANY 50~point player in the NHL. Sometimes he doesn't get enough credit for that.

His problem is he doesn't bring the intangibles. That's something that Hartnell does in fact bring to the table and what makes him so valuable.

It's no big deal. I don't blame you for not taking Lupul in such a deal. I wish the kid would show a little more fire sometimes, but it's alright.

I think Hartnell might be out of the question because of his NTC firstly and secondly because if the Flyers need to move out salary it will come from 1st Jones, 2nd Lupul/Carle, 3rd Briere (maybe?).

Hartnell's too key to what the Flyers do night in and night out.

Last edited by twenty2: 04-08-2009 at 04:42 AM.
twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I mean if we want to talk about inconsistency/production value alone Lupul is as valuable if not more than players like Jordan Staal, Kris Versteeg, Bryan Little, and Patrick Berglund.
How are you defining valuable, because Lupul isn't nearly as valuable as the above player?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:30 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
yeah, flyers probably won't be dealing hartnell. his NTC kind of throws the wrench in any deal, and if the flyers are just trying to dump salary, there are far worthier targets than scottie.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

So.... you wanna provide a strong team with a top 5 pick... a great future Goalie and another pick
for a 3rd liner and a pick in the 20th ????????

Serious... Zattkoff is betther than most people here know. May watch some games before put him in trade props

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Opus

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
So.... you wanna provide a strong team with a top 5 pick... a great future Goalie and another pick

Serious... Zattkoff is betther than most people here know. May watch some games before put him in trade props
Hartnell isn't a 3rd liner.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:

Hartnell, 3rd line player? 30 goals, 60 points....3rd line numbers? maybe watch some games before you call him a 3rd liner

put him with Kopitar and...

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
yeah, hartnell would be 2nd on the kings in scoring. he's no third liner, at least 2nd and can play on the 1st without issue.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Pretty good deal, but I dont think the Flyers would or should move Hartnell.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Snotbubbles

Hartnell is probably one of the guys least likely to be moved by the Flyers in the off-season. He just does so much for them, when he was signed 2 years ago, there were many who said it was overpayment by the Flyers, but from the looks of it, that contract now looks like it may be a steal. He's not quite in the untouchable zone like Richards and Carter, but he's really close.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:

Oh you are one of those people who still think Hartnell is an overpaid, no skill, 3rd line goon, huh?

Do you realize how perfect of a fit a guy like Hartnell would be in LA? Him and Dustin Brown on the same line would be absolutely wonderful, they would be smashing guys all over the ice, and they would win every puck along the boards. He's still only 26 years old, signed through his prime, and would give some leadership to a young LAK team. You seriously would rather have ANOTHER top 5-10 pick in the draft? Oh and on that topic...Hartnell was a 6th overall pick.

Anyways, while Hartnell might be a perfect LAK, he IS a perfect Flyer, and I don't see him being traded anytime soon. He developed a great chemistry with Carter (one of the reasons Carter has done so well this season IMO), and he loves being in Philly (NTC).

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I love Harts and he's a great addition to any team, but that's just too high of a price to pay.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
BrindamoursNose

Philadelphia doesn't need a future player at 5 or 6, we're build to win NOW

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Oh you are one of those people who still think Hartnell is an overpaid, no skill, 3rd line goon, huh?

Do you realize how perfect of a fit a guy like Hartnell would be in LA? Him and Dustin Brown on the same line would be absolutely wonderful, they would be smashing guys all over the ice, and they would win every puck along the boards. He's still only 26 years old, signed through his prime, and would give some leadership to a young LAK team. You seriously would rather have ANOTHER top 5-10 pick in the draft? Oh and on that topic...Hartnell was a 6th overall pick.

Anyways, while Hartnell might be a perfect LAK, he IS a perfect Flyer, and I don't see him being traded anytime soon. He developed a great chemistry with Carter (one of the reasons Carter has done so well this season IMO), and he loves being in Philly (NTC).
Some Kings fans do. I wanted him so bad before he was a UFA that my dick got hard thinking about it. Gay? Or just know how valuable he is? I'd go with the latter.

Old
04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Some Kings fans do. I wanted him so bad before he was a UFA that my dick got hard thinking about it. Gay? Or just know how valuable he is? I'd go with the latter.
Haha, after thinking about how Hartnell would fit with you guys I'm not surprised. I'm about to go trade for Dustin Brown in NHL 09 just to have the 2 on the same line together.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:34 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Hartnell is a key piece of the immediate future, and I don't see us trading him for a future player that might be better than him. Also, at 5th or 6th overall, we would be stupid not to take a forward, which does nothing for us because we already have 9 legitimate top 9 forwards, with more coming. Decent value, but Philadelphia says no.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Aren't Hartnell and a healthy Justin Williams sort of redundant?

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Brophy

I go to Reign games all the time. Zatkoff is amazing at the ECHL level, I just dont know if I trust him yet. Ive seen him 'stand on his head' and let in the worst of goals on many occasions. His puck handling needs quite a bit of work too. He fumbles alot and then saves his own ass. Hes good though. Id take him.

So LA, what would you give us for Lupul.

Last edited by Brophy: 04-08-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Almost, Hartnell is far more physical.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
I go to Reign games all the time. Zatkoff is amazing at the ECHL level, I just dont know if I trust him yet. Ive seen him 'stand on his head' and let in the worst of goals on many occasions. His puck handling needs quite a bit of work too. He fumbles alot and then saves his own ass. Hes good though. Id take him.

So LA, what would you give us for Lupul.

You do? I really hope that you don't live where I think you live. RC is alright, but go beyond there, and I start to wonder.

Zatkoff, from what I've seen, will make a very fine NHL goaltender. I find him technically better (and that's saying a lot if you consider styles) than either Quick or Ersberg. Bernier? Not so sure.

Old
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
For the Kings' sake let's hope so.

I think the Flyers will be trying to move Lupul to free up cap space, but it's only going to happen if they realize that they aren't going to get a huge return.

A high first round pick for Lupul would be out of the question.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
SFKingshomer

I don't think DL would have any interest in Lupul although he would make a great bench partner for Frolov.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote