HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scott Hartnell

Old
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
KingsCrown

vCash: 500
Scott Hartnell

With Philly in cap hell, what is his trade value? Picks, mid-level prospects??

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
davemess

Not sure how their cap situation is but i could see him adding a lot to the Oilers forward group.

Last edited by davemess: 04-08-2009 at 11:39 AM.
davemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
DUHockey9

Philly is not in "cap hell."

Hartnell is also probably one of the LAST players the team trades. Richards, Carter, Giroux, Kimmo, Coburn are ahead of him...and then it's probably Hartnell. That's right...Gagne may be traded before Hartnell....and you'd probably agree Gagne isn't going anywhere.

Lupul, Jones, Carle, Briere all go well before they even look at Hartnell.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Mid-level prospects? Seriously?

His contract is not an issue, he brings a whole lot to this team, and we have no reason to trade him. There are plenty of other candidates for trading because of cap reasons that make a lot more sense than him. Mainly Lupul and Jones, and maybe even Carle.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee, Hartnell is a 30 goal 30 assist player who brings almost every intangible you would ever want to a hockey team. His return would never be limited because of his contract, I'd even say he has a good contract. Look at some guys making more than him. He does more for the team than they do. Malone, Michalek, Legwand, Langkow, Nylander, Huselius, Rolston, Weight, Erat, Penner, Gomez, Drury, I can go all day!!!

Last edited by BillyShoe1721: 04-08-2009 at 11:43 AM.
BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Snotbubbles

I would say his value is more to the Flyers then what they would get in return. And you'll here this from almost every Flyers poster. Randy Jones, Matt Carle and Joffrey Lupul will go in cap saving moves before Hartnell.

Snotbubbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Viller

picks and prospects? wow. 30-30 PWF at 4millions $ a year... You can count on one hand how many of those players exist.

This guy aint going anywhere, I'm sure they'd trade/waive Jones or trade Carle if they needed to cleat capspace that bad. Sbisa will be here full time next year, Jones is as good as gone if Holmgren has any balls (get rid of one of Steven's favorites).

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Hartnell is a heart and soul kind of player on this team. He is a vital part of the core. There is no way he gets dealt anytime soon. Case closed, discussion over.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DUHockey9

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it would take a top 5 pick or a multiple 1st rounders for the Flyers to trade Hartnell. He is that good for us.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:46 AM
flyers ltd

He signed a six year contract with the worst team in the league including a NTC. I don't think he is going anywhere now considering his team and personal success.

flyers ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Brophy

when mommy and daddy hartnell made scottie, some orange and black mutant fishes swam up the tube. hes here to stay for life.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

He also has a NTC, so any point is moot.

Old
04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

A fair amount.

He's a 30 goal scorer, who crashes the net, fights, hits and back checks good with pretty good skating as well.

Philly would be more inclined to trade Briere and their 1st for a 4th than trade Hartnell, unless it's an absolute overpayment.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
KingsCrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
He also has a NTC, so any point is moot.
Ahhh I did not know that. Well this is why I posted this, you guys have more knowledge than I do about the player, especially you Philly fans. Good luck in the playoffs.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
hfboardsuser

Boy, where have I read this stuff from Flyers fans before?

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCrown View Post
Ahhh I did not know that. Well this is why I posted this, you guys have more knowledge than I do about the player, especially you Philly fans. Good luck in the playoffs.
Good luck with...your lottery pick?

Old
04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
flyers ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
You can't be comparing Hartnell and Scottie Upshall.

flyers ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Talentless Practise*

Would anything around Jonas Hiller be of interest? The Ducks are one short on top-6 forwards and Hartnell would be a sweet addition.

I can just imagine the play, an opposing forward goes one-on-one against Pronger. Hartnell distracts the forward by throwing his glove at him allowing Pronger to elbow him in the face. Afterwards Perry goes and says to him, "you got it!".

I think the Ducks would add something but in general would Holmgren be interested?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Hartnell is the " I'll do whatever needs doing" type a team that has cup aspirations hangs onto.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
John Flyers Fan

Hartnell isn't going to be moved for a pile of junk.

Only Richards, Carter, Timonen, Coburn and Giroux are more secure than Hartnell.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Would anything around Jonas Hiller be of interest? The Ducks are one short on top-6 forwards and Hartnell would be a sweet addition.

I can just imagine the play, an opposing forward goes one-on-one against Pronger. Hartnell distracts the forward by throwing his glove at him allowing Pronger to elbow him in the face. Afterwards Perry goes and says to him, "you got it!".

I think the Ducks would add something but in general would Holmgren be interested?
Take Lupul for Hiller.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Considering that everybody and their uncle asks for Hartnell in a trade trying beginning with four 1sts and then we can continue. I know you are thinking WTF right now but that's how Flyers fans feel when we get posts like (Flyers are in cap hell, I want Hartnell for cappy mid level, junk prospects and mid-late rnd picks".

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Define mid-level prospect.

Hartnell pretty much defines the entire Flyers organization; they should never trade him unless they're getting insane return, or it means losing Carter or Richards.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
dunno but the point still stands. no one is saying hartnell will never be traded, but the flyers aren't dealing a top contributor for capspace. as has been stated ad nauseum, carle/jones/lupul are all more likely to be dealt than hartnell.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
ask again after the playoffs. If he delivers as expected, i doubt he moves.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
phlocky

again, start with four 1st rnd picks for Hartnell and then we'll talk. until you are willing to pony up that much of an overpayment stop asking for a player that means far more to us than you think he's actually worth. To get Holmgren to trade him you'd have to offer him such an insane deal that he'd have to take it. A "fair value offer" isn't going to get it done, we simply would have no reason to do it. You say we are in cap hell??? No we aren't, we can make the cap without much trouble next year at all. We won't have money to go out and resign Khabiloulin but so what, we can run with pretty much the exact same team we have now and still be under the cap. Where are we sitting right now??? Looking pretty damn good and that was with having Briere out for most of the season, one of our top pairing dmen out for half the year, and another top 6 dman out for half the year.

We do have some quality players that we have replacements for that we'd consider moving but Hartnell isn't one of them. Lupul is expendable because we have JVR to replace him. Jones is expendable because we have Sbisa joining the team full time next season. Contrary to what many may tell you Carle is NOT expendable unless we land either Kaberle or J-Bo and the only way we land J-Bo is if we can deal Briere. We can afford to deal Briere because we have Cater for a #1, Richards for a #2, Giroux for a #3 and Powe for a #4. If we can't deal Briere I'm sure the team would just be devastated by having to keep a point per game player and put him on the wing, yeah, everybody hates to have PPG players on their team.

So again, unless you are paying ten times what he's really worth don't even bother with crappy offers like "mid level prospects and 2nd and 3rd rnd picks" because you are doing us a "favor" by taking on some of our cap "problems".

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote