HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto or Minny??

View Poll Results: Who's city showing was worse?
Toronto 15 42.86%
Minny 20 57.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 12:16 PM
LPHabsFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Toronto or Minny??

Since we can't post polls on the World Cup board, I thought I'd put it here. With all the talk of which city had the more craptacular showing of fans at games, which, city in your opinion had the worse fans. Toronto or Minny?

Old
09-11-2004, 12:21 PM
penopekoo

Minnesota by far.

There was practically no cheering.

I was at a game in Toronto (Russia vs. Canada), and though it wasn't great, there was at least some atmosphere. I'm going again tonight (I keep lucking into tickets)... hopefully now that the game means something, we'll see some energy.

I hate those stupid Platinum ticket holders, though. They always come in a quarter way through each period.

Old
09-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
Minnesota by far.

There was practically no cheering.

I was at a game in Toronto (Russia vs. Canada), and though it wasn't great, there was at least some atmosphere. I'm going again tonight (I keep lucking into tickets)... hopefully now that the game means something, we'll see some energy.

I hate those stupid Platinum ticket holders, though. They always come in a quarter way through each period.
I was at the 2 round robin games at St Paul. I thought they were pretty good, and the atmosphere was alright. The Slovak fans really livened up the atmosphere at the USA-Slovakia game, and by the end, the USA chants drowned out anything Slovak fans had. The atmosphere was fairly good at that game.

I watched the next game on TV, and it could be possible that the atmosphere wasn't there in second Russia game, but maybe the TV didn't capture it well.

Oh yeah, kinda OT, but Xcel Energy Center is an awesome arena. Nicest building Ive been to.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I was at the 2 round robin games at St Paul. I thought they were pretty good, and the atmosphere was alright. The Slovak fans really livened up the atmosphere at the USA-Slovakia game, and by the end, the USA chants drowned out anything Slovak fans had. The atmosphere was fairly good at that game.

I watched the next game on TV, and it could be possible that the atmosphere wasn't there in second Russia game, but maybe the TV didn't capture it well.

Oh yeah, kinda OT, but Xcel Energy Center is an awesome arena. Nicest building Ive been to.
Minny is a great hockey state all the way down to high school hockey but again, thats all it is. They proved this year that the international game doesn't intrest them one bit.

Toronto by far has the better crowd. It's not even close.

I dunno why the toronto crowd is getting trashed so much. They do make some noise and they aren't the most dead building in the league by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought we wre comparing toronto to the rest of the canadian markets..... you cant compare it to minny..... that's no contest..... TO is louder.

The only strange thing I find in toronto is that stupid bear they have at their games. Is that dork supposed to keep the suits at the leaf games entertained? He always seems to be in the lower area of the building

Old
09-11-2004, 07:28 PM
x-bob

Minny for sure.....Toronto wasn't that bad. It just was bad compared to the BEll center. But you can't blame then....Every arena would look quiet compared o the Bell center

Old
09-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
Minny for sure.....Toronto wasn't that bad. It just was bad compared to the BEll center. But you can't blame then....Every arena would look quiet compared o the Bell center

Not every arena man.

BTW, Toronto was better then Minny. Tonight even proved so. I just think the ACC would be better if they didn't have ticket prices so damn high and made it more accessible for the average fan..not all the corporate suits.

Closed Thread