vCash: 475
LA up 2-0 on Edmonton in the 2nd.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Also I've been impressed by Hutchinson, yet again.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Climie needs to work on some of those pucks sticking to him, but I'm impressed by his economy of motion again. He doesn't over-move like a lot of young goalies.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

**** Clutterbuck, he's as cheap of a player as all the rest.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:24 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Yes. I don't really care what he does.

(I posted that without having the benefit of seeing into the future and the amount of shifts the different lines would get. I guess I should've anticipated Sutherby and Begin being the higher line?)
I don't fault you for it.

When I noticed him with those guys, I was pissed. I just realized that I hadn't seen much of Mo or Morrison so I looked it up.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:27 PM
BigG44

With this loss, Dallas can't finish better than 10th worst. An Edmonton win tonight, and Dallas can't finish better than 9th worse and they're guaranteed a Top 10 draft pick.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Bruno with good offensive players, looks like he not only belongs in the NHL but could be dynamic at this level. Can he play with Ott and Ribiero for the last two games please?

Please god, never again with Morrison and Modano on the point on the power play. That was utter failure. The season is a write off play Niskanen and Vishnevskiy with Modano and Morrison if you insist on playing them on the point. Give the kid a chance to show his skill.

Vishnevskiy played pretty well I thought. Kid didn't look awful or completely over matched. Compared to the games I saw of him in the Traverse City tournament he looks like a completely different defensemen. Good for him and I hope his team has a nice long playoff run in the AHL playoffs. I no longer fear him being the first call up from Austin next year. He's going to play some in Dallas next season.

Lehtinen I love your defensive play and hope if you are re-signed as long as Tippet realizes the best place you could be is on a checking line with Ott and Modano.

Hutchinson deserves a spot in this lineup everyday. Nothing spectacular but the guy knows when to pinch, can skate the puck out of trouble and holds the puck in the zone pretty darn well. The fact that he was scratched for twenty games in favor of Sydor is a crime. If he's our 7th next year, Dallas' defense has to be much better, because I'd pencil him in my lineup every night.

Climie isn't bad. Kid didn't get a on of help from the defense but he's going to push Bachman in Austin next season. Good for him. I'll be rooting for his Beavers in the frozen four this weekend.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
BigG44

Colorado just held San Jose to 2 shots in the 1st period .... pretty impressive.

Old
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Vishnevskiy reminds me of Dan Boyle, except better.

Old
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
BigG44

Phoenix lost so Dallas will finish with no worse than the 6th and no better than 10th worst overall record. The Draft Lottery could have them picking has high as 2nd or as low as 11th.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Bruno with good offensive players, looks like he not only belongs in the NHL but could be dynamic at this level. Can he play with Ott and Ribiero for the last two games please?

Please god, never again with Morrison and Modano on the point on the power play. That was utter failure. The season is a write off play Niskanen and Vishnevskiy with Modano and Morrison if you insist on playing them on the point. Give the kid a chance to show his skill.

Vishnevskiy played pretty well I thought. Kid didn't look awful or completely over matched. Compared to the games I saw of him in the Traverse City tournament he looks like a completely different defensemen. Good for him and I hope his team has a nice long playoff run in the AHL playoffs. I no longer fear him being the first call up from Austin next year. He's going to play some in Dallas next season.

Lehtinen I love your defensive play and hope if you are re-signed as long as Tippet realizes the best place you could be is on a checking line with Ott and Modano.

Hutchinson deserves a spot in this lineup everyday. Nothing spectacular but the guy knows when to pinch, can skate the puck out of trouble and holds the puck in the zone pretty darn well. The fact that he was scratched for twenty games in favor of Sydor is a crime. If he's our 7th next year, Dallas' defense has to be much better, because I'd pencil him in my lineup every night.

Climie isn't bad. Kid didn't get a on of help from the defense but he's going to push Bachman in Austin next season. Good for him. I'll be rooting for his Beavers in the frozen four this weekend.
I agree about Vishnevskiy, looks like a better player on both ends of the ice. He was a nightmare in that tournament defensively, I remember him being out on so many goals it was ridiculous. I wish he got more time, and hopefully next game he's comfortable enough to get on the point. Just the fact that he couldn't hold his own in Traverse City defensively and that he wasn't on the ice for any goals against tonight shows the leaps and bounds this kid has improved. I know it's only one game but I hope he keeps it up.

Saying he's better than Dan Boyle though is... quite a statement.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

It's just a play on the way HF grades out prospects.

Otherwise the talent pool would be in a constant state of entropy.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post

Agreed. The kid didn't seem out of place at all. Noticed him a couple of times (granted I was more interested in other games and watched more of the other games than I did the Stars game), and he made a good impression on me. No doubt.

Hutchinson should've played a lot more than he did this season. It's absolutely ridiculous that Sydor gets picked over him every night. But I've voiced my opinion on that statement, wayyyyy too many times.

Climie definitely was a lot more than I expected. He's made some absolutely great saves in these 2 games he's played already. His rebound work definitely needs help. But that also can be pushed away by the defense infront of him, that was completely not there tonight for the most part. I like it. Hope to see more of it in the future.

I'm ready for next season to start already. Really do think this franchise has a looked to look forward to coming up in the future.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
haf

Me too on the lot to look forward too trip. I would rather get a good draft pick and sit this year actually. With Richards Morrow and Zubov on the shelf I feel like we got the best of many worlds. Loui had a break out year. Ott had an offensive explosion and more importantly looked like he belonged in the top nine, and possibly top six. Neal is gonna be a helluva a player and I think Fabian will as well. We have a new generations worth of D and forwards. Benn is ...well you know AND we get a nice draft pick this year for the first time in ******* ages. Anyone know when the last time we picked in the top ten was?

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
Me too on the lot to look forward too trip. I would rather get a good draft pick and sit this year actually. With Richards Morrow and Zubov on the shelf I feel like we got the best of many worlds. Loui had a break out year. Ott had an offensive explosion and more importantly looked like he belonged in the top nine, and possibly top six. Neal is gonna be a helluva a player and I think Fabian will as well. We have a new generations worth of D and forwards. Benn is ...well you know AND we get a nice draft pick this year for the first time in ******* ages. Anyone know when the last time we picked in the top ten was?
Ric Jackman back in '96, I believe.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote