HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark

Old
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Linus Omark

Now that Omark has signed with Moscow, presumably because the Oilers didn't want to give him any guarantees, what would it take to acquire his rights? Have there been any trades involving comparable situations in recent history?

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Not much value. I'm sure someone would overpay for him, though; similarly to how the Oilers frantically tried to sign him after that shootout goal.

If they want the best return for him, they have to trade him asap.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Not much value. I'm sure someone would overpay for him, though; similarly to how the Oilers frantically tried to sign him after that shootout goal.

If they want the best return for him, they have to trade him asap.
You have no clue buddy.

The Oilers had spent all season watching Omark, and for months were in talks with Omark.

Oilers frantically tried to sign him after that goal? Okay sure, pretend you know what you are talking about.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:17 PM
IdealisticSniper

Harju rights for Omark rights... they are both worth the same now that they both chased the money and signed with the KHL...and thats basically nothing.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I'd say a 3rd or 4th round pick is the most you'd get for him.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'd say a 3rd or 4th round pick is the most you'd get for him.
I wouldn't even give that. Shootout goals don't really impress. I'm sure he has some offensive flair but I see a big time fail if he comes across the Atlantic.

No one knew who Omark was until that exhibition game shootout goal.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
I wouldn't even give that. Shootout goals don't really impress. I'm sure he has some offensive flair but I see a big time fail if he comes across the Atlantic.

Exactly.

And they've already got a one trick pony in Schremp, who no one's really lining up for, so I don't expect a bidding war for Omark.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
The Vengabus

Quote:

Anyone at all who follows prospects on a board called "Hockey's Future"?

This guy is a ppg player in the SEL at 21. The same league that Henrik Zetterberg went back to during the lockout at age 24, and put up marginally worse numbers than Omark did this season. The following year, Zetterberg put up 80+ in the NHL.

Here's the top ten scorers (points) in the SEL during the lockout year, a good year to compare NHL totals to SEL totals.

Code:
1 Henrik Zetterberg Timra 50
2 Kristian Huselius Linkoping 49  
3 Shawn Horcoff Mora 46  
3 Mattias Weinhandl Modo 46  
5 Nils Ekman Djugardens 45  
6 Brendan Morrison Linkoping 44  
7 Niklas Andersson Vastra Frolunda 41  
8 Mike Knuble Linkoping 39 
8 Marcus Nilson Djugardens 39  
8 Martin Pluss Vastra Frolunda 39 
8 Peter Forsberg Modo 39
Omark had 55 points in 53 points this year at 21. He had 32 in 55 at 20. All year Edmonton fans were telling us how this kid was going to come over next year and be a big part of their offense, compete for the Calder, and be the most talented player in the NW. Now he's a 4th round nobody.

The Vengabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
grabo84

Omark is awfully small. It doesn't mean it's impossible for him to have an impact over here, but it makes it a lot harder. Point totals aren't quite as important in that context.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
The Big Swede

Crosby and Matt Cooke

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
No one knew who the third highest scorer in the SEL as a 21 year old was?

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean everyone else is.

Warren Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:

Others have already commented on this stupid post, but I'm going to comment again just to rub it in. The post was dumb and ignorant and is a reflection of yourself.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killface View Post
No one knew who the third highest scorer in the SEL as 21 year old was?

Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean everyone else is.
How am I being ignorant? If Omark is as good as his point totals suggest he should be playing with the Oilers today. I could care less if he third in points. Look at the SEL top scorers in general, you names like Hlinka, Sundstrom, Hlavac, Wallin, Davidsson, Bremberg all whom were drafted and some got to play in the NHL. At the end of the day, none of them could cut it so I am not about get excited over a player that is third in league scoring. Putting points on the board is not the only intangible that gets you to a successful NHL career.

Until Omark scored the "youtube" goal no one thought much of him, he received all his hype after that goal.

Don't call me ignorant again! You don't know me.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
I like this scouting report based on watching 1 youtube video

ViD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
How am I being ignorant? If Omark is as good as his point totals suggest he should be playing with the Oilers today. I could care less if he third in points. Look at the SEL top scorers in general, you names like Hlinka, Sundstrom, Hlavac, Wallin, Davidsson, Bremberg all whom were drafted and some got to play in the NHL. At the end of the day, none of them could cut it so I am not about get excited over a player that is third in league scoring. Putting points on the board is not the only intangible that gets you to a successful NHL career.

Until Omark scored the "youtube" goal no one thought much of him, he received all his hype after that goal.

Don't call me ignorant again! You don't know me.
You are ignorant.

Look at the freaking ages of all those players, and think a little.

That youtube goal had NOTHING to do with the hype of Omark, check out the couple thousand posts on Omark in the Oilers forum before that shoot out goal was scored.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorial View Post

This guy is a ppg player in the SEL at 21. The same league that Henrik Zetterberg went back to during the lockout at age 24, and put up marginally worse numbers than Omark did this season. The following year, Zetterberg put up 80+ in the NHL.

Here's the top ten scorers (points) in the SEL during the lockout year, a good year to compare NHL totals to SEL totals.

Code:
3 Shawn Horcoff Mora 46  
8 Peter Forsberg Modo 39
Omark had 55 points in 53 points this year at 21. He had 32 in 55 at 20. All year Edmonton fans were telling us how this kid was going to come over next year and be a big part of their offense, compete for the Calder, and be the most talented player in the NW. Now he's a 4th round nobody.
So according to point totals Weinhandl and Pluss and Nilson are every bit as good as Forsberg and Zetterberg? If only point totals guaranteed you NHL success

Old
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
So according to point totals Weinhandl and Pluss and Nilson are every bit as good as Forsberg and Zetterberg? If only point totals guaranteed you NHL success
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
ViD

Quote:
How am I being ignorant? If Omark is as good as his point totals suggest he should be playing with the Oilers today. I could care less if he third in points. Look at the SEL top scorers in general, you names like Hlinka, Sundstrom, Hlavac, Wallin, Davidsson, Bremberg all whom were drafted and some got to play in the NHL. At the end of
the day, none of them could cut it so I am not about get excited over a player that is third in league scoring. Putting points on the board is not the only intangible that gets you to a successful NHL career.
So, in your opinion, if Alexey Morozov or Alex Radulov were any good, they would already be playing for an NHL team now?

Old
04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
naustic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorial View Post

Code:
3 Shawn Horcoff Mora 46  
8 Peter Forsberg Modo 39
So Zetterberg put up less numbers in a year that the league had vastly superior competition due to the NHL lockout. Not saying anything about Omark, but thats not really a great comparison.
Posted via Mobile Device

naustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustic View Post
So Zetterberg put up less numbers in a year that the league had vastly superior competition due to the NHL lockout. Not saying anything about Omark, but thats not really a great comparison.
Posted via Mobile Device
Look at every player in the SEL league history who at age 21 or younger who was in the top 3 in SEL scoring in any season, look at their careers, realize the SEL is the third best league in the world, and tell me honestly, you don't think Omark has tons of potential.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Doesn't the rights expire at the end of this season anyways? Why trade anything for them in that case?
The rights don't expire because of the lack of a transfer agreement. The Oilers can hold his NHL rights for a period of time that as of yet has been undetermined.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Doesn't the rights expire at the end of this season anyways? Why trade anything for them in that case?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
Others have already commented on this stupid post, but I'm going to comment again just to rub it in. The post was dumb and ignorant and is a reflection of yourself.
Dumb? How so? Because I said nobody really recognized this kid until he scored a highlight reel goal. When did you know he was third in league scoring? How much have you watched this kid?

Stupid is watching someone scoring a highlight reel goal and then searching his name on google and reading his point totals.

Do you want me to do a search of all the European leagues and how bout the AHL? Hey Alex Giroux has 55 goals in the AHL, guess we have our future Richard winner. Nik Kulemin was putting up numbers similar to Malkin, last time I checked Kulemin didn't put up the same numbers as Malkin.

What's dumb is to look at a players point totals and pretend it paints a whole picture. It's great that the kid has success in the SEL because thats where he will likely play the majority of his career. Like I said the kid has offensive flair but you won't get much after than. Weak defensively and weak physically, two things that will keep you out of the NHL.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
ViD

Alex Ovechkin had 27 points in 37 games in SuperLiga before joining the Caps, next year he had 106 in the NHL. That's for the ones who think that european leagues are inferior and any star would put there insane numbers.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
And this year he's got one more goal than Nikos Dimitrakos, currently playing in Skelleftea. Watch out, Ovechkin.

It's fairly obvious that Omark's been pretty overrated since that shootout move came out, and until he comes over next season and dominates, which seems to be a sure thing according to a few posters around here lately, he's got hype and little else.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote