HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My friends, we were so close

Old
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
To do list today:
Beat the Hawks
Dallas beats Minny
LA beats Edmonton
Phoenix beats St. Louis

Get it done!
Didn't happen.
Didn't happen.
Happened.
Didn't happen.

We really need help.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

this is the end.....the end my friend, the end.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
amd Smithson drives in on ther FORE!check. HOLE IN ONE CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Still hope.

We go 2-0-0
STL loses one.

Let's give it a 1% chance of happening. Go into the next two games with no expectations other than to enjoy the last we'll see of the Predators until next season. Rejoice if we do sneak in. It's been an exciting year.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

I will have to go in with that attitude, my blood pressure cant handle anything otherwise.

Old
04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
Still hope.

We go 2-0-0
STL loses one.

Let's give it a 1% chance of happening. Go into the next two games with no expectations other than to enjoy the last we'll see of the Predators until next season. Rejoice if we do sneak in. It's been an exciting year.

I'm holding onto hope. At this point I don't care if we have to play SJ, I just want to get in. And I believe we can!

Columbus clinched a spot....ugh.

I was hoping they would lose in Chicago then be mad and really fired up to get a spot with a win over STL. Now they have nothing to play for and STL has pretty much owned them all year. But if Columbus is so great, then they'll go ahead and beat STL just to damage their hopes. And the way Colorado is playing, you never know what could happen.

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please win in Detroit. There is no point in taking any shift off, this is our season, leave everything on the ice and beat Detroit, don't hold back any shots, hits, passes, shots, shots, hits, shots. There is no game on Friday if we don't win Thursday, so let's WIN!!!

LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Holmstrom is back in the lineup. I hate that guy.

Old
04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
We'll come out slow and sloppy and lose 5-2.

Or, we'll come out fired up and win 3-1.

One or the other.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
darth5
No!

I think the title should no read, 'My friends, we have little hope left'

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
I think the title should no read, 'My friends, we have little hope left'
Even a 1% chance as MHF put it still better than no chance.

Old
04-10-2009, 01:11 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please win in Minnesota. There is no point in taking any shift off, this is our season, leave everything on the ice and beat Minnesota, don't hold back any shots, hits, passes, shots, shots, hits, shots. There are no games next week if we don't win Friday, so let's WIN!!!

Old
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

{cues up the Daft Punk}

..onemoretime....

Old
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
cjerina

to quote Dumb & Dumber: "so you're telling me there's a chance!"

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Feels like a punch to the gut.

Old
04-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

it was a good season. they exceeded my expectations, that's for sure.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

I just want to come in and give your team a round of applause. You had a good run to get up there and I was rooting for all 5 central teams to make the post season.

But don't be do upset. You have a gem in Rinne and you'll see many post season's in many upcoming years.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Dr Turk

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the class you guys have showed us. Every preds game I watched this season the preds gave it their all. You guys have a great team,a bright future and some of the classiest fans in the league.

Dr Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:25 PM
MissouriBlues2008

You guys put up a tremendous fight. Better luck next year.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Oshie97

Have nothing but respect for the way you guys battled to the end. I was hoping for everyone in the division to make it. Maybe next yr.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 02:22 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Well it was a heck of a ride. The season didn't end like we wanted, but it's our own fault. Too many games early in the year that we just didn't play well enough.

I just can't believe it's over, it just ends like this. It's a very wierd feeling right now. Birthday wishes do not come true.

I wish I could go back to that thread about whether we were contenders or pretenders and say we were all WRONG!!. Almost everyone voted us pretenders but said we would be out by Feb or mid March. Even though we didn't make it, how great is it that it took to game 82 and not 52 or 62 to knock us out. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this year but the team put up a heck of a fight.

Everyone expected us to be at the bottom of the standings but once again this team just kept fighting and pulling out improbable wins.

We had our Captain Jason Arnott take this team on his back the last week and show how much he is a leader and show just how much the rest of the team follows him. Congrats to him for his 33 goals, a new team record. How many more could he have had if he didn't miss so many games?

Shea Weber emerged as one of the best defenders in the league. Congrats to him for the new team record for a dman with 23 goals and a new team record for shots in a season! So he won't win the Norris this year, but he showed the league what they have to fear for the next 10+ years. His shot is a weapon that, once they learn how to get him other lanes, will be unstoppable. Second hardest in the league, who would want to block it or stop it, lol.

Joel Ward was just supposed to be a Milwaukee depth addition. Now where would we be without him this year? Just a great addition to this team.

Pekka Rinne stepped up and took over as the #1 and proved that everything that had been said about him was true. Just a huge man that gives everything he has to make the save and get the win. And Dan Ellis was a true champ in all this. Like Chris Mason, he never complained and never showed any outward signs of contempt and only cheered this team on to victory.

We had a healthy defense for 82 games. Some nights not all 6 dmen had good nights, but the others always picked up the slack as best they could.

Legwand started playing the kind of hockey everyone has been waiting for. When he got the "A" it was like something clicked in him. If he can continue this next season, it could be his best ever. I'm so happy he got to 20 goals before his injury.

And despite what a few think, Barry Trotz got all he could out of this team. He knows which buttons to push with certain players and he always handles things with ease.

And how could anyone be anything but thrilled to see Steve Sullivan back on the ice. He started slow but once he started picking up points he was back to the point/game player he had been. He really lifted this team and gave it a boost when we needed it. A full year of Sullivan could give the team another 4-5 wins, and look where we would be now if we had him all this year.

And wow did we have some exciting games this year. There were games we lost that we should have won and some games we had no business winning but somehow did. So it all evens out over the year. Although I suspect everyone will say the best game was the 8-0 game! That really was amazing that night, frosty's 10 minutes into the first period! Most of the best games were in the last 2 months.

Off the ice we are improving as well. We hit the 14,000 mark when a lot of people didn't think we would. Crowds at the game grew, businesses seem to be coming back to the team even in this economy. The more this improves, the more money we'll have for free agents and to pay our own players.

Looking to next season, we will have a great defense again, great goaltending, and healthy forwards, maybe some young hot rookie, maybe a kind of unpopular young russian and maybe a good veteran or two to help with scoring. If they could play the whole year like they did this last 2 months, we can have a great year!

So thanks to all the Predators, the ones here all year and those that were called up from Milwaukee! It was a great ride and even though it didn't end the way we all hoped I (and I assume most everyone here as well) will be back next year to cheer on the Preds to their 5th playoff berth!

And thanks to everyone here on HF, Preds fans and those that just started following the team. It's been fun seeing everyone's reactions to the happenings around Pred Nation. And thanks to WFOME for the great GDT's all year. You guys are all great.

I know it sucks that it's over and we would rather be buying playoff tickets, but just remember, training camp is only 5 months away (and it will fly by)!!

LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!!! .....

Last edited by sparkle twin: 04-11-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old
04-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Soundgarden

We had a great run, and I'm still proud of them. I'm proud to be a preds fan.

Thanks all the St. Louis fans, you have a great team, hope you guys beat those stinkin' Sharks.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
skipper49

Well Pekka gave it his best but his not-much-better-than Osgood stats in the last seven games told the tale. Trotz knew he should have pulled him at 3-1 but he also knew that he had gambled away that option by selling out Dan Ellis this season. This is pretty much the entire story of the season - the mismanagement of prospects but oh yeah, the Preds got a Calder Cup nominee out of it right. For all of you fickle goalie fans and Ellis bashers check this out:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/threestarsstandings.htm
Ellis played 30 games and took the brunt of a poorly guided team coming out of the shoot. Oh yes and Ellis was also second highest in the league for the least number of goals scored by his team while in net. He stood on his head, took Rinne's losses when he got pulled, was the star of pretty much every game he played in but the team let him down. How many of the goals scored on him were by his own D?? Ellis is a playoff goalie and he would have taken this team to the playoffs again this season. All you fickle fans who cheered for Ellis last season when he stood on his head in his shut-out record and phenomenal run against Detroit (aka The Hockey News) should hang your heads in shame for turning your back on that kid. Like Chris Mason, it will all come back to haunt you, Poile, Trotz et al. Poor Poor Team Management all around.

skipper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:16 AM
SpItFiReZ

Pekka stepped up and ran when given the opportunity. Whether there was more team confidence or he just better shows why he stayed in.

Ellis played well last year, no doubt about it. But this year Pekka stepped up and took the role. And much like Ellis previously, Pekka did have some poorer games as well but still was able to steal some games (ex Detroit one and how he played in the shootout)

SpItFiReZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
RollingPredFan

LOL.

Whatever dude, Rinne maybe should have been pulled last night but probably because he was overworked because Ellis was pretty awful this year and Trotz had no faith in him. I like Dan, but he's a backup who got hot at times last year but this year not so much.

Anyways I root for the PREDATORS, not a particular player, but that's me.

Oh and I like Chris Mason too, and am happy for him, but he sucked when we gave him the #1 job and we had to trade him.

And we will be fine with Rinne, even if Dan goes somewhere else and plays well.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote