HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Broken Stick Help Kinda OT

Old
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Johnny8242

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Broken Stick Help Kinda OT

I just purchased a Dan Hamhuis game used stick but the problem is that when I bought it it had a big crack and in shipping the crack turned into a full fracture. The stick is basically in two pieces. I am wanting to know is there anyway to glue it back together and make it sturdy like what kind of glue I'm sure its a Warrior Dolomite and NO I DO NOT WANT TO USE IT IN A GAME I just want to hang it up in my study room and want it to stick together please if any of you have any insight please let me know.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
MBrodeur30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
I just purchased a Dan Hamhuis game used stick but the problem is that when I bought it it had a big crack and in shipping the crack turned into a full fracture. The stick is basically in two pieces. I am wanting to know is there anyway to glue it back together and make it sturdy like what kind of glue I'm sure its a Warrior Dolomite and NO I DO NOT WANT TO USE IT IN A GAME I just want to hang it up in my study room and want it to stick together please if any of you have any insight please let me know.
I would suggest going to the local hardware store, take your stick with you and ask one of the employees which glue you should use to fix it. I think they can help you.

MBrodeur30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Super glue? I'd definitely want to use something clear, so it still looks nice. Stay away from Gorilla Glue.. that stuff turns to an ugly brown and expands as it dries. Maybe some sort of glue for models?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
playbedar

Send a message via MSN to playbedar
Don't repair it!

It's even more badass this way ... you can even add a fake tooth and some blood around the crack

playbedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Broken is great for display IMO.
But if you really want to repair it, go to the pro shop and buy a stick extender. They're wood and they have hot glue on a narrow end and a wider wood end about the size of the outside of a stick.

Oh, this will only work if the crack is pretty straight perpendicular to the shaft direction, similar to if you were cutting the stick short.

Cut off the wide end, and use a hot gun to heat up one end of the stick, and stick it about halfway in. Let it cool, then heat up the other end of the stick and put it in and join the ends of the stick flush.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Broken is great for display IMO.
How would you recommend displaying it broken maybe use a small piece of the tape? Im fine with it being broken but I'd like to hang it horizontally with out it falling to the floor

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 06:33 PM
DGirardi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbedar View Post
Don't repair it!

It's even more badass this way ... you can even add a fake tooth and some blood around the crack
haha That would be great.

But if you still want it fixed.....

http://www.stickfix.com/

DGirardi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM
GuitarAwesome

Hang it in two pieces at angles? That would look the coolest imo

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote