HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark

Old
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
So, in your opinion, if Alexey Morozov or Alex Radulov were any good, they would already be playing for an NHL team now?
Morozov and Radulov CHOSE to sign in Russia. If somebody offered them the same money they were getting in the KHL, they are both still playing in the NHL. So tell me again why you are laughing? You forgot to throw Jagr in that list too.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
I havent seen anything on oMARK in russia

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Alex Ovechkin had 27 points in 37 games in SuperLiga before joining the Caps, next year he had 106 in the NHL. That's for the ones who think that european leagues are inferior and any star would put there insane numbers.
No one says the European league are inferior, but it just proves more that point totals don't tell the whole story. Ovechkin has more than just scoring goals in his game. The kid gives it his all, plays physical, plays in all key situations, and so on and so on. Take away some of those intangibles and Ovechkin is no where near the same player.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.
The problem is you don't. Don't tell me how many points Omark has in the SEL tell me how his game will transpire into the NHL. Give me a talent analyis on the kid, tell me how many times you have watched him live. What are his strengths and weaknesses. Telling me he is third in scoring in Sweden tells me very little at all.

So go ahead, enlighten me with your scouting report!

Old
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
AlMo

Quote:
You are ignorant.

Look at the freaking ages of all those players, and think a little.

That youtube goal had NOTHING to do with the hype of Omark, check out the couple thousand posts on Omark in the Oilers forum before that shoot out goal was scored.
So the Oilers board wer going on and on about one of THEIR prospects. Go to the Leafs board and you'll see bunch of different names too.

Stalberg, Didomenico, Rau are getting hype around there. I don't see them mentioned anywhere else though

Old
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

I'd give up a mid-2nd round pick for him at this point... IMO, if he went back into the draft, that's the round I'd take a chance on him.

I'd be weary however of his overall attitude... any 21 YO that doesn't want to sign in the NHL because of the chance of being sent to the minors, raises warning flags for me. I'd want young players and prospects that don't question how the team is going to develop them moving forward.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

It's hard to gauge Omark's value really...he's been tremendous this year, but these kind of deals rarely go down. I guess I'd put it this way: what the Oilers would get back for him wouldn't be worth it...it would be better for the Oil to just see what happens next year (it's a one year deal I think) and make another offer...no sense throwing away the already developing (quite well) potential of Omark for a 5th round pick (likely value) just to end up with an "Omark, but three years younger" - that is, when the Oilers draft whoever in the 5th round, he'll not only be years behind Omark in terms of development but he likely won't turn out as well...

If he's part of package for something, that's different...but by himself, his value doesn't justify a trade of any sorts...

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Morozov and Radulov CHOSE to sign in Russia.
And Omark didn't? He gets to play for Tre Kronor in his down time, gets to play club hockey with his good friend and teammate in Luela, and gets $1.2M to do it, which is about twice what he would get on his entry level deal in North America, and that's assuming that he made the Oilers out of camp.

It's really hard to go against that option.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
And Omark didn't? He gets to play for Tre Kronor in his down time, gets to play club hockey with his good friend and teammate in Luela, and gets $1.2M to do it, which is about twice what he would get on his entry level deal in North America, and that's assuming that he made the Oilers out of camp.

It's really hard to go against that option.
I wasn't making that argument against Omark persay but since you bring it up, there is a difference between the three. Morozov and Radulov proved they could play in the NHL, Omark hasn't.

Until Omark comes over and goes through an Oilers camp he is nothing more than hype. Omark is a decent prospect but his stock skyrocketed after the youtube stuff and it really was undeserving imo.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Garl

Quote:
I wasn't making that argument against Omark persay but since you bring it up, there is a difference between the three. Morozov and Radulov proved they could play in the NHL, Omark hasn't.

Until Omark comes over and goes through an Oilers camp he is nothing more than hype. Omark is a decent prospect but his stock skyrocketed after the youtube stuff and it really was undeserving imo.
Problem is that you north americans give a very big deal to the where was the player selected in the draft.

If Omark was selected in 1st round he would have been a "future franchise player" or smth like that. But he was a 4th rounde, so he has nothing but hype. And the fact that he dominated in SEL as 21 y.o. in nothing.

I agree that there's more than stats, and good stats doesn't mean sucess in NHL, but why do you bring upm Sundstrom, Hlinka and others? They are experienced vets, very good on european rinks. But they are 32-33 y.o. Omark is 21. He can become better, and can step up in a higher level league.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:40 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
You have no clue buddy.

The Oilers had spent all season watching Omark, and for months were in talks with Omark.

Oilers frantically tried to sign him after that goal? Okay sure, pretend you know what you are talking about.
Yeah, okay. I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Not you, who seems to think Omark is the second coming of Gretzky.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
And this year he's got one more goal than Nikos Dimitrakos, currently playing in Skelleftea. Watch out, Ovechkin.

It's fairly obvious that Omark's been pretty overrated since that shootout move came out, and until he comes over next season and dominates, which seems to be a sure thing according to a few posters around here lately, he's got hype and little else.
Actually, I noticed Omark WAY before that. He has potential to be the next Zetterberg if he can translate his game here. That shootout goal was lucky at best. I bet he couldn't pull it off here but he would definately put up good offensive numbers if he was signed by Edmonton.

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post

Who said he's the second coming of Gretzky? He's refering him as the next Zetterberg if he can translate his game from there to here. That's all.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

His stock skyrocketed because he was at one point leading the SEL in scoring at age 21, something that is unheard of. His stock skyrocketed because he had a season that would have had him drafted in the first round and early if this was his draft year. His stock skyrocketed because he made the Swedish National team for the LG Cup, and is contender for a spot on the Swedish National team at the World Championships this year. His stock skyrocketed because he has shown the ability to despite his size find the back of the net, fight off people much larger than him, show creativity, tenacity, and unbelievable hockey sense. His stock skyrocketed because of his patience and precisions with the puck. His stock skyrocketed because he willingly goes into the heavy traffic areas around the net, is willing to take a hit to make a play and keeps coming back.

You are confusing legitimate hype, with the hype people who don't follow prospects started when a youtube video of a nice shootout goal surfaced here.

Just because the masses on HFboards didn't know about something until a youtube video surfaced it doesn't mean all the hype around this kid was illegitimate.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

Again, what you are saying isn't truthful at all. You claimed the Oilers frantically rushed out to try sign him because of a youtube video.

This is False. 100% undeniable.

You now claim, I think Omark is the 2nd coming of Gretkzy. I never made a single claim about him even being succesful in the NHL.

My claim is he is a legitimate prospect and not some kid who scored a fancy goal on youtube.

You are 0 for 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Who said he's the second coming of Gretzky? He's refering him as the next Zetterberg if he can translate his game from there to here. That's all.
I'm not even claiming that, I am merely pointing out to people that Omark is far from a flavour of the week youtube sensation. People who have no clue what they are talking about seem to think he popped onto the worlds radar last week with a trick shot in the shoot out. When infact he has been one of the most talked about Oilers prospects in years, has had one of the biggest jumps in production of any drafted player not playing in the NHL.

I'm just arguing he has real legitimate potential to be an NHL player.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
shadow1

Quote:
I was exaggerating.

But apparently not all that much if you guys honestly believe he has the potential to be even close to as good as Zetterberg "if he can translate his game".

Old
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
I was exaggerating.

But apparently not all that much if you guys honestly believe he has the potential to be even close to as good as Zetterberg "if he can translate his game".
You still haven't addressed your baseless comments about the Oilers scrambling to sign him because of a youtube video, instead you have come back with more absurd attack posts.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
shadow1

Quote:
You still haven't addressed your baseless comments about the Oilers scrambling to sign him because of a youtube video, instead you have come back with more absurd attack posts.
Homer,

Did the Oilers offer him a contract this week?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273804

Quote:
Oilers' general manager Steve Tambelini told TSN Saturday that negotiations are under way.
OMG, what a coincidence, negotiations under way after he suddenly becomes a youtube sensation? You don't say?

And to the other guy: Yeah, he's got Zetterberg potential. That's why the Oilers won't play him the rookie maximum.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Again, what you are saying isn't truthful at all. You claimed the Oilers frantically rushed out to try sign him because of a youtube video.

This is False. 100% undeniable.

You now claim, I think Omark is the 2nd coming of Gretkzy. I never made a single claim about him even being succesful in the NHL.

My claim is he is a legitimate prospect and not some kid who scored a fancy goal on youtube.

You are 0 for 2.

I'm not even claiming that, I am merely pointing out to people that Omark is far from a flavour of the week youtube sensation. People who have no clue what they are talking about seem to think he popped onto the worlds radar last week with a trick shot in the shoot out. When infact he has been one of the most talked about Oilers prospects in years, has had one of the biggest jumps in production of any drafted player not playing in the NHL.

I'm just arguing he has real legitimate potential to be an NHL player.
No, but he has the same qualities as Zetterberg thus, if he keeps his play up, he could very well be as good as him.

Quote:
I was exaggerating.

uhhh, watch him play....go to youtube and look at every video of him. Not just the shootout goal. Every other goal. He creates chances like no other player, can find the open slot and make a play happen, and he has a very good shot. You obviously are too obsessed with that shootout goal to think that's the only reason why he is 'hyped'.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Homer,

OMG, what a coincidence, negotiations under way after he suddenly becomes a youtube sensation? You don't say?

And to the other guy: Yeah, he's got Zetterberg potential. That's why the Oilers won't play him the rookie maximum.
Yeah, that's why I am very upset at my team. I hate the Office there and the coaching. It is disgusting to see those people think they can run a hockey club as a joke. Their only goal in life is to just squeeze into 8th spot and play without any meaning when it is needed.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Which is why the Oilers won't even pay him a few hundred thousand extra to sign him...?

He could probably make a 2nd line player if he can translate his game to the NHL. You're dreaming if you think it's anything more than that.
We shall see.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
shadow1

Quote:
uhhh, watch him play....go to youtube and look at every video of him. Not just the shootout goal. Every other goal. He creates chances like no other player, can find the open slot and make a play happen, and he has a very good shot. You obviously are too obsessed with that shootout goal to think that's the only reason why he is 'hyped'.
Which is why the Oilers won't even pay him a few hundred thousand extra to sign him...?

He could probably make a 2nd line player if he can translate his game to the NHL. You're dreaming if you think it's anything more than that.

Old
04-08-2009, 04:30 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Alex Ovechkin had 27 points in 37 games in SuperLiga before joining the Caps, next year he had 106 in the NHL. That's for the ones who think that european leagues are inferior and any star would put there insane numbers.
Marcel Hossa has 45 points in 52 games.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Quote:

So, you think just because of a shootout goal we are scrambling to sign him?

There are MANY, MANY other factors that we'd have to consider.

The Oilers have been watching Omark all year.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Homer,

The Oilers have been talking to Omark for months. Even his team said months ago they expected Omark and Harju to be playing for the Oilers and the Lightning this coming year. Again, you saying the chased after him because of the shootout goal shows you have no idea what you are talking about. He would have had a contract offer regardless of some silly shootout move.

All you keep doing is dancing around the facts and now are replacing facts with insults. Well done.