HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit-Montreal (Offseason)

Old
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
r0bert8841

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
If he retires they aren't nearly as big a threat, with or without Luongo
Nah, Ericsson is going to be a stud.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Fozz

Considering Price's struggles and the fact that Halak has been very solid lately, I would hesitate to trade him at all.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
Assuming both Hossa and Franzen dont agree to paycuts, and they only sign Franzen [rumored 3 and a half a year over 3-4 years]. The wings will go into next season, if they JUST sign who they ahve with 3-4 mil in cap space.

After next season, Lidstrom's Contract is up, and you can guarantee he wont take almost 7 again. So save 2-3 mil on him [I am gonna guess 2 years 8 mil]. Maltby, Draper, Osgood all come off the books. Thats another 3 mil saved there. Thier replacements will already be on the roster [Helm, Lieno, Abkdelkader] and Money already aloted. So you add 2-3 replacements/rookies/depth guys for 1-2 mil total.

Fact is, Detroit could very well go into the "cap hell" season [read: the year the cap may drop] shedding nearly 10 mil on salary before adding people they need, with thier top 6 already set.

That said, all this is moot, They wont sign Luongo, lol.
Jimmys stats this year
Jimmy Howard GP 44 GAA 2.53 SV 0.915 W21

As for his pedigree and his last two years in the AHL (all respectable)

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/howard.php

I think you'll find that Halak and Howard have a closer value than youd think. Though I agree I give Halak the edge for the reasons I mentioned before (consistency).

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Jimmys stats this year
Jimmy Howard GP 44 GAA 2.53 SV 0.915 W21

As for his pedigree and his last two years in the AHL (all respectable)

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/howard.php

I think you'll find that Halak and Howard have a closer value than youd think. Though I agree I give Halak the edge for the reasons I mentioned before (consistency).
Not only in consistency, Halak also has the higher upside. I can't really see how you compare a goaltender with a .915% in the AHL(Howard) to a goaltender with .916% in the NHL.

Also, Howard: .915% in the AHL
Halak: .930% in the AHL

Yeah... Close value

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
GNick42

Habs not that interested in Flippula. Face it...3 million a year for 40 points. We could resign Lang to give us that, and keep Halak. Let us negotiate with Franzen, if we can sign him by the draft, how about Halak for Franzen's rights and Wings #1 pick?

Before you all jump on me this isn't a bad deal. Halak is a good goalie, be #1 goalie in NHL if not for Price. A #1 goalie, 24 years old with Halak's upside making 750,000 a season is worth something.

Halak...think Vokoun - 10 years ago

Last edited by GNick42: 04-08-2009 at 04:17 PM.
GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
They'll need cap room this offseason, so I could imagine them doing this.

And if Conklin can win 25+ games with Detroit, then Halak can win 40+.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Face it...3 million a year for 40 points.
He's a second or third center, what did you expect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
how about Halak for Franzen's rights and Wings #1 pick?

Last edited by Matt714*: 04-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzner and Doughty View Post
Habs fan, I would trade Halak for Meech + pick.
Derek Meech... A small d who has offensive capabilities ? Like, Subban, McDonagh, Weber ? No thanks. Montréal is alredy pretty stacked on d prospects. Our forwards are small too, so we don't need more small D.

Filppula.. Hm... A small skilled forward. Where have I heard that comparison before ?

Koivu - Small skilled forward
Tanguay - Small skilled forward
Sergei Kostitsyn -Small skilled forward
Andrei - Small skilled forward

I think you get the picture.

Jimmy Howard blows.

I'm not interested enough to deal Halak for players we already have.

If McCollum is Detroit's future. Though he won't be ready for another year, or two. Halak is a short filler, but he could get more, or be packaged with something for more.

Sign a FA goalie Khabibulin will be one, and have Howard has the backup, or tell him to GTFO, either or, Detroit doesn't really need Halak. Montréal isn't going to trade him for stuff they already have, unless they can flip (no pun intended) Filppula for something they need that Halak can't get them.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
He's a second or third center, what did you expect ?
An upgrade over Plekanec at least.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM
solo16

Quote:
Habs not that interested in Flippula. Face it...3 million a year for 40 points. We could resign Lang to give us that, and keep Halak. Let us negotiate with Franzen, if we can sign him by the draft, how about Halak for Franzen's rights and Wings #1 pick?

Before you all jump on me this isn't a bad deal. Halak is a good goalie, be #1 goalie in NHL if not for Price. A #1 goalie, 24 years old with Halak's upside making 750,000 a season is worth something.

Halak...think Vokoun - 10 years ago
LOL... most ridiculous post i have read all day. (and ive read posts of people saying Jiri Hudler is a great skater!)

Im sorry but rights to Franzen contingent on a deal is worth nearly a first on its own. IMO. Worst case its worth a 2nd. (dont like that deal put ur bid in on july 1st... Oh wait you cant because someone else would pay it)

Yet you suggest the Rights to franzen + a 1st for a Goaltender worth at max a 20-30 first rounder. (i think that is generous). Halak is a good goalie but hes proved very little and imo isnt worth more than Brzy, Huet etc on stats alone. Is age/RFA status is what puts him into the low first rounder range.

Rights to Franzen + a 2nd would be a reach. I cant see you getting more than a 3rd. Most likely the offer would be like this though. Rights to Franzen+Howard for Halak+4th.

Old
04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Derek Meech... A small d who has offensive capabilities ? Like, Subban, McDonagh, Weber ? No thanks. Montréal is alredy pretty stacked on d prospects. Our forwards are small too, so we don't need more small D.

Filppula.. Hm... A small skilled forward. Where have I heard that comparison before ?

Koivu - Small skilled forward
Tanguay - Small skilled forward
Sergei Kostitsyn -Small skilled forward
Andrei - Small skilled forward
Filppula isnt that small btw. Hes at least 6ft. He could use a bit more muscle but hes not what id call small.

Old
04-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Yet you suggest the Rights to franzen + a 1st for a Goaltender worth at max a 20-30 first rounder. (i think that is generous).
It's more than generous, we got Hasek for a 1st and Kozlov.

I thought that only Steven92 could propose something such as Halak for Franzen's rights and a 1st.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
I think both teams take a look, but pass. Detroit could do better (no offense to Halak) and it sounds like the Habs have other needs at the moment.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
GNick42

Quote:
LOL... most ridiculous post i have read all day. (and ive read posts of people saying Jiri Hudler is a great skater!)

Im sorry but rights to Franzen contingent on a deal is worth nearly a first on its own. IMO. Worst case its worth a 2nd. (dont like that deal put ur bid in on july 1st... Oh wait you cant because someone else would pay it)

Yet you suggest the Rights to franzen + a 1st for a Goaltender worth at max a 20-30 first rounder. (i think that is generous). Halak is a good goalie but hes proved very little and imo isnt worth more than Brzy, Huet etc on stats alone. Is age/RFA status is what puts him into the low first rounder range.

Rights to Franzen + a 2nd would be a reach. I cant see you getting more than a 3rd. Most likely the offer would be like this though. Rights to Franzen+Howard for Halak+4th.
Either Franzen or Hossa will walk away for nil in return. We'll make a big offer for which every walks on July 1. Franzen be north of 5 million long term, Hossa be north of 7 million. Wings be crazy to pass of Vokoun..oops I mean Halak for the 27-30th overall pick.

Old
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
solo16

Quote:
Either Franzen or Hossa will walk away for nil in return. We'll make a big offer for which every walks on July 1. Franzen be north of 5 million long term, Hossa be north of 7 million. Wings be crazy to pass of Vokoun..oops I mean Halak for the 27-30th overall pick.
Its possible I already conceded Halak's BEST CASE VALUE would be that pick. However you seriously undervalue Franzen's rights contingent on a signing. A contract before July 1 could potentially save you millions off the bidding war he is likely to have around him.

In a bidding war I wont be shocked if he gets just under 6M. (no hes not worth it, are any FA?)

As such Rights+pick =/ halak that is serious overpayment

Old
04-09-2009, 11:00 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Its possible I already conceded Halak's BEST CASE VALUE would be that pick. However you seriously undervalue Franzen's rights contingent on a signing. A contract before July 1 could potentially save you millions off the bidding war he is likely to have around him.

In a bidding war I wont be shocked if he gets just under 6M. (no hes not worth it, are any FA?)

As such Rights+pick =/ halak that is serious overpayment
Well, if that's all we get is a late first who chances are won't make the NHL. Might as well keep Halak. Give either Hossa or Franzen the big bucks come July1. Gainey's been choping at the bit to sign a first line player for years now. We have many contracts which won't be renewed. Freed up a lot of money this year.

Halak's one of the best young goalies in the league. Out played Price this year. Price got so many opportunities to step up and never delivered. Halak when he was starting every game our team has best record of season. Start Halak once every 5th game his production not as sharp.