HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colrado to pay to move up in draft?

Old
04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
My thoughts:

If the Avs get:

1st overall
Tavares, no questions

2nd overall
Hedman. Future cornestone on defense, where ever he'll end up in.

3rd overall
Duchene. Reasons already mentioned

But, if the Avs get 2nd and a team with 3rd willing to overpay for 2nd, I say go for it and take Duchene.
This synopsis speaks for just about any of the teams that might finish amongst the 3 or 4 worst in the league.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
That makes sense. The NHL would prefer to have Tavares in a small market in the middle of the Rocky Mountains instead of a huge market like New York.

There are already two other teams catering to that huge New York market. Denver on the other hand is the hub for the entire Rocky Mountain region. Don't know how that relates to a potential fix if there are any but thought that logic needed a fork in it.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Pure

If the price is right I'd definitely try to move up and get Hedman, but I wouldn't give up too much because Duchene seems to be match made in heaven with the Avs.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
shadow1

I doubt they'd do it. Unless a team with alot of cap space, like the Islanders, would accept a trade of 2nd overall + Hannan/Svatos for 1st overall, then I don't see Colorado doing it. AND that's assuming Colorado loses out and Tampa wins a game.

There just aren't the assets there to trade. Stastny/Stewart won't be moved, and unless there's a top prospect of 1st rounder coming the other way, then Wolski won't be moved either.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Oiler fan here...

Left assume that Colorado gets #3 pick. What do you guys figure it would cost them to move up to get the #1 pick? With Sakic's age showing do you think Colorado is going to try to get the #1 or #2 pick? If Tavares is NHL ready he could have a great rookie campaign playing #2 center.
If the Islanders secure the #1 I highly doubt they let it get away. It will not be a repeat of trading down, like last year. The Islanders are in need of a stud, for me preferably Tavares, but Hedman wouldn't be bad either.

Sal

04-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Patrick96

Colorado to pay to move up in the draft?
Not gonna happen because they're gonna get the player they really want anyway and that's Duchene. He'll be the next Sakic. Great speed and a great shot at top speeds.

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Evander Kane is on the Avalanche period! I can see him being the face of the franchise and will get at least 10-30 points in his first season

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:40 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
Evander Kane is on the Avalanche period! I can see him being the face of the franchise and will get at least 10-30 points in his first season
No Kane. I dont see him being an impact player on the Avs.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:11 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
That makes sense. The NHL would prefer to have Tavares in a small market in the middle of the Rocky Mountains instead of a huge market like New York.

FYI that small market set an NHL record for consecutive sellouts and had one of the largest followings up until around the lockout.

If the Avs do not win the lottery I can't see them moving up. Word is the team is really hot for Duchene, who will be on board at 3rd overall.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Anything is possible, and most teams value contributing NHL talent over prospects... but the drop-off in talent between the top two, and everyone else, is stark this year. It is perhaps not quite at the same level as 2004, but the same dynamic probably applies. The price to go from #3 into the top two is very high this year.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Wedregast

vCash: 1075
Why Bother? At third, they will get Duchene, who would be a really nice pickup anyway.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
The Avs have enough players that are similar to his role, a grinder/power forward.

The Avs lack another pure offensive player.... Duchene or JT.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote