HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The End Is The Beginning" - 04.07.09 - Nashville vs. Chicago

Old
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Post Game Thoughts

1. Rinne got beat on at least 2 perfect shots. The first caught the post and went in with not a milimeter to spare and the backhander went right up into the only tiny corner of the net that was showing, it was an awesome shot.

2. The turnovers were the problem. I thought Hamhuis and Ward led the way here. How many times did you see Ward blindly drop pass or back pass into the slot where Hawks were waiting.

3. On the attack, we had at least 4 huge rebounds pop out into the slot for open net slam dunks and no Pred was ever there. ever.

4. We let a one line team pick us apart. That was embarassing. We matched 3 different lines against them and they noodled all over ever one of them. Shut down the top line and you win the game. We just couldnt do it.

5. Arnott shows the emotion but it was too little too late. He was absolutely angry for the last 2 minutes of the game. If you are going to play like a beast, it would be better if you could not wait until the game is over. It is a shame that all that size goes to waste most nights.

6. I didnt win beer for a year. What an awesome prize. But I did get a foam finger.

7. Im tired of this central division/ hope all these teams do great in the playoffs attitude. Screw all of them, I hate every team that is not Nashville. [sometimes I hate nashville ]

ok..I think I feel better now. Go Preds!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

oh I forgot to mention, it is hard to watch a jackass slide a puck into your empty net when you know that he should be in the box serving HIS FREAKIN 4 MINUTE PENALTY.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
lugnut76

vCash: 500
I've gotta add Dumont to the list of players that turned the puck over way too much. One of his turnovers in the defensive end led directly to a Blackhawk goal.

It seems like there have been quite a few games where a team rolls out a line that we just can't stop. Last night it was the Toews line for the Blackhawks a few games ago it was Perry line for Anaheim. Those are just two that immediately come to mind. With all the grinders we have (Smithson, Ward, Fiddler, Bonk, Philstrom, etc.), we still can't put together a shut down line or at least a contain line? If we can't do that with the "grinders/defensive minded forwards" we have then we clearly do not have the right mix of players up front, we aren't using them effectively, they are trying to be something they are not (scorers/playmakers), they aren't any good, or they take shifts and nights off.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:39 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

you make a good point, for a team full of defensively responsible forwards, we had no answer last night.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

You have to give Chicago credit though. The way Havlat and Toews were playing last night, there are very few NHLers that could have contained them.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

I know that is true, but it is also true that Havlat is made of glass. I just couldnt believe that one of our guys couldnt sit him on his can just once, he was way too slippery.

Old
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Bourdon

Who knows, maybe I'm used to watching Luongo goal-tend for too long. I felt that the Toews shot was stoppable. While the result was a great shot, Rinne should have come out to cut down the angle. He simply wasn't ready.

On the second goal, I can't really find fault, except for the rebound. That was a debonair play that turned into a turnover.

The third goal looked really weak, albeit a backhand. Luongo usually casually shoulders that aside. But Luongo isn't 6'5...

I don't think Rinne played a good game, and I don't think it's a stretch to think so...think, think, think.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:31 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It's very disappointing that 2/3 goals they got were from our own stupid mistakes. You cannot turn the puck over like that, in that area, that many times and not have it eventually come back to hurt you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
1. Rinne got beat on at least 2 perfect shots. The first caught the post and went in with not a milimeter to spare and the backhander went right up into the only tiny corner of the net that was showing, it was an awesome shot.

2. The turnovers were the problem. I thought Hamhuis and Ward led the way here. How many times did you see Ward blindly drop pass or back pass into the slot where Hawks were waiting.

3. On the attack, we had at least 4 huge rebounds pop out into the slot for open net slam dunks and no Pred was ever there. ever.

6. I didnt win beer for a year. What an awesome prize. But I did get a foam finger.

7. Im tired of this central division/ hope all these teams do great in the playoffs attitude. Screw all of them, I hate every team that is not Nashville.
1. I agree, that Toews shot was just a perfect shot. Suter just left Byfuglien stand there and put the rebound in. Actually, Suter tried to crosscheck him in the side as he was putting the puck into the net. But what good would that do when the guy is already inside the crease between the defender and goalie with a wide open net? But the other's I think he should have had...

2. ...But when your own teammates keep turning the puck over 10-20 feet from the net how many times can you make the save before it eventually goes in. Rinne didn't play great, but he did make some good saves to keep us in it.

3. There is either no one there or the Predator whiffed or the puck bounced. Or JP passes a shot to try a pretty pass. I remember specifically Sullivan and Fiddler in the slot and it went through their legs all the way to the other end or they just missed the puck entirely.

6. I didn't win beer either. I didn't win a damn prize at all. I didn't win any prizes, the Preds lost because of their own crappy mistakes and they fell to 9th place. I didn't feel very appreciated at all.

7. Me, too I hate them all. If we don't make the playoffs (still holding out hope...We CAN DO IT!!!) then I want them all to lose in the first round.

Quote:
oh I forgot to mention, it is hard to watch a jackass slide a puck into your empty net when you know that he should be in the box serving HIS FREAKIN 4 MINUTE PENALTY.
NO KIDDING!! Or hell he should have at least had a 2 minute holding the stick call since he grabbed Suter's stick from Suter's hands and used it to club Nichol over the nose.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:11 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

dont they usually give a truck away at the last game? and whatever happened to Fangtastic Finale?

Old
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
dont they usually give a truck away at the last game? and whatever happened to Fangtastic Finale?
I know, I thought when they gave their shirts off their backs was a last game tradition.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I know, I thought when they gave their shirts off their backs was a last game tradition.
they did that Saturday night (so people dont have to leave early to go into work the next day)

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
they did that Saturday night (so people dont have to leave early to go into work the next day)
Makes sense.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote