HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - SanJose off season

Old
04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
I see Heatley's in this trade. Must be a bad night for your team. HE'S NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:51 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
I see Heatley's in this trade. Must be a bad night for your team. HE'S NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!
I see you didn't read the OP.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

If the original poster isn't a Shark's fan you can color me surprised.

Why would Ottawa, at it's lowest point, look to trade their best winger for a broken down third liner and a sub-par defenseman with inflated stats?

You'd probably be looking at trading Vlasic and something else if you are San Jose. Can't speak for Ottawa fans, so I'll let 'em do it.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post

Why would Ottawa, at it's lowest point, look to trade their best winger for a broken down third liner and a sub-par defenseman with inflated stats?

You'd probably be looking at trading Vlasic and something else if you are San Jose. Can't speak for Ottawa fans, so I'll let 'em do it.
dont worry i feel the same, this is the same poster who thinks Joe Corvo is a TOP pairing defensmen.....sad

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
NO WE ARE NOT TRADING FOR YOUR FAVOURITE PLAYERS

How can you say Cheechoo will score half the goals Heatley does when he barely has 25 points? I am not a fan of Heatley at all as people know on the Sens board but I would not consider doing this deal at all

We are trading a 50 goal scorer for "what-if's". Erhoff is Christoph Schubert with a better hockey sense. His stats are inflated from playing on San Jose and will not hit 60 points next season. Cheechoo is a 30 point scorer on a line with Joe Thornton.

This is a terrible deal, we downgrade massively at forward and save a whopping 1.4M

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:

Well then, I'll go grab my surprise-colored crayons. I'm pretty sure he's a Sens fan who's just inexplicably high on Ehrhoff.

But you're just as crazy as he is if you think Christian Ehrhoff is a sub-par defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
NO WE ARE NOT TRADING FOR YOUR FAVOURITE PLAYERS

How can you say Cheechoo will score half the goals Heatley does when he barely has 25 points? I am not a fan of Heatley at all as people know on the Sens board but I would not consider doing this deal at all

We are trading a 50 goal scorer for "what-if's". Erhoff is Christoph Schubert with a better hockey sense. His stats are inflated from playing on San Jose and will not hit 60 points next season. Cheechoo is a 30 point scorer on a line with Joe Thornton.

This is a terrible deal, we downgrade massively at forward and save a whopping 1.4M
Cheechoo has only been on a line with Thornton for the past couple games. He's been injured most of the year or playing on the third line, as he's been replaced by Clowe and Setoguchi in the top-6.

Seriously, I know he doesn't even have 15 goals this season, but Cheechoo is still the most underrated player in the NHL. People know jack-**** about the circumstances, but will always be quick to immediately discredit everything he does as Thornton's work.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:

Agreed, but Heatley's actually our second-best winger.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
Well then, I'll go grab my surprise-colored crayons. I'm pretty sure he's a Sens fan who's just inexplicably high on Ehrhoff.

But you're just as crazy as he is if you think Christian Ehrhoff is a sub-par defenseman.

Cheechoo has only been on a line with Thornton for the past couple games. He's been injured most of the year or playing on the third line, as he's been replaced by Clowe and Setoguchi in the top-6.

Seriously, I know he doesn't even have 15 goals this season, but Cheechoo is still the most underrated player in the NHL. People know jack-**** about the circumstances, but will always be quick to immediately discredit everything he does as Thornton's work.
I'm loco, ese.

Heh, I'm actually quite surprised his favorite team is Ottawa - this proposal has a Mike Milbury feel to it. Regardless of what you believe Ehrhoff is, and regardless of how underrated Cheechoo is, this is a business and 'underrated' points along with 'decent' defender points don't mean squat.

My best friend is a Sharks fan, and from what I hear of him (Ehrhoff), he's not something you'd be sending across the board for an All-Star winger. To be honest, Vlasic is something that has to be a part of the trade (Or Setoguchi - pick your poison) for them to even consider moving that beast.

Ottawa isn't rebuilding, and they certainly aren't doing anybody any favors. Would you move Thornton for, say... Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, and Brad Stuart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Agreed, but Heatley's actually our second-best winger.
I live on the West Coast, so I hardly get to see Sens games, with the exceptional broadcast on TSN/PPV/SNETWest. Who's your best winger at the moment, if you don't mind me asking?

Old
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
PotaGuitar

Not that I would do it because I never would, but would Michalek + Ehrhoff be enough to get Heatley + a low level pick/prospect?

PotaGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
I'm loco, ese.

Heh, I'm actually quite surprised his favorite team is Ottawa - this proposal has a Mike Milbury feel to it. Regardless of what you believe Ehrhoff is, and regardless of how underrated Cheechoo is, this is a business and 'underrated' points along with 'decent' defender points don't mean squat.

My best friend is a Sharks fan, and from what I hear of him (Ehrhoff), he's not something you'd be sending across the board for an All-Star winger. To be honest, Vlasic is something that has to be a part of the trade (Or Setoguchi - pick your poison) for them to even consider moving that beast.

Ottawa isn't rebuilding, and they certainly aren't doing anybody any favors. Would you move Thornton for, say... Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, and Brad Stuart?
I certainly agree with you that this trade ****ing sucks; it would surely go down as one of the worst in history. I'm just saying that Ehrhoff and Cheechoo are far better hockey players than some give them credit for (alot in Cheechoo's case), but obviously they're both not enough for one of the best goalscorers in the league.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Fuhr is trying to be controversial again.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:04 PM
YellHockey*

Quote:
I live on the West Coast, so I hardly get to see Sens games, with the exceptional broadcast on TSN/PPV/SNETWest. Who's your best winger at the moment, if you don't mind me asking?
Same one it's been since the lockout. The best player the franchise has ever had - Daniel Alfredsson.

YellHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
BCShark

good offer

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiLatte View Post
Same one it's been since the lockout. The best player the franchise has ever had - Daniel Alfredsson.
Nah - you're forgetting Daigle.

I kid, I kid.

Old
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
bert

This is an embarrassing proposal. Just brutal fuhr.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:04 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Fuhr is trying to be controversial again.
And look at everyone, hook, line and sinker.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
The Fuhr

Mod: deleted.

People get so hung up on names and the high numbers that they fail to realize the bigger picture.

What is Heatley?

Heatley is a winger that makes 7.5 million dollars a season and should be good for 40-50 goals. In the economy that we live in today that is 7.5 million dollars per season until 2014. I wont complain that Heatley only has 10 goals in 34 playoff games. This is just about the regular season.

7.5 million for 40-50 goals per regular season.

With that in mind, the Sens are paying there franchise center 7.0 per season. Spezza is supposed to be one of the games elite playmakers. With the money he is making is it unreasonable to suggest that he turns 20-25 goal scorers into 30-35 goal scorers? Is that to much to ask? I donít think it is. I think that is very reasonable.

Now the Sens have 24 million invested into four forwards (Cash + Fisher). I think that is to much. I would deal Fisher and Heatley in an instant and invest most of that money in defense.

So we come to the deal I proposed.

I believe Christian Ehrhoff is an emerging top pairing defenseman. He skates fantastic, he has the threat of a point shot which the Sens desperately need and is very sound in the defensive end. Playing 21-22 minutes a night. He makes 3.1 for two more years.

Now I also threw in Cheechoo because of salary on the Sharks side, his past accomplishments. Makes 3.0, sure Jason Spezza should be able to turn him into a 25-30 goal scorer cause we are paying Spezza 7.0, to do that. Cheechoo makes 3.0 for the next two years.

Your gaining a top pairing defenseman and your losing what 20 goals tops if Spezza does his job properly and makes Cheechoo into a respectable goal scorer. I think the addition of Ehrhoff more then makes up for that loss of goals on the wingers. Thatís just me though.

Plus now your out of Heatleys long term deal. In two years if those two pieces donít work out you can then throw 7.5 million dollars at a defenseman. But I do think you solve the top pairing defenseman issue in Ottawa with the addition of Ehrhoff for the next eight years.

7.5 million for 40-50 goals
OR
7.5 million for 25-30 goals + 40-50 point defenseman

I know what I like more.

Last edited by Fugu: 04-09-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: qdp
The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
People get so hung up on names and the high numbers that they fail to realize the bigger picture.

What is Heatley?

Heatley is a winger that makes 7.5 million dollars a season and should be good for 40-50 goals. In the economy that we live in today that is 7.5 million dollars per season until 2014. I wont complain that Heatley only has 10 goals in 34 playoff games. This is just about the regular season.

7.5 million for 40-50 goals per regular season.

With that in mind, the Sens are paying there franchise center 7.0 per season. Spezza is supposed to be one of the games elite playmakers. With the money he is making is it unreasonable to suggest that he turns 20-25 goal scorers into 30-35 goal scorers? Is that to much to ask? I donít think it is. I think that is very reasonable.

Now the Sens have 24 million invested into four forwards (Cash + Fisher). I think that is to much. I would deal Fisher and Heatley in an instant and invest most of that money in defense.

So we come to the deal I proposed.

I believe Christian Ehrhoff is an emerging top pairing defenseman. He skates fantastic, he has the threat of a point shot which the Sens desperately need and is very sound in the defensive end. Playing 21-22 minutes a night. He makes 3.1 for two more years.

Now I also threw in Cheechoo because of salary on the Sharks side, his past accomplishments. Makes 3.0, sure Jason Spezza should be able to turn him into a 25-30 goal scorer cause we are paying Spezza 7.0, to do that. Cheechoo makes 3.0 for the next two years.

Your gaining a top pairing defenseman and your losing what 20 goals tops if Spezza does his job properly and makes Cheechoo into a respectable goal scorer. I think the addition of Ehrhoff more then makes up for that loss of goals on the wingers. Thatís just me though.

Plus now your out of Heatleys long term deal. In two years if those two pieces donít work out you can then throw 7.5 million dollars at a defenseman. But I do think you solve the top pairing defenseman issue in Ottawa with the addition of Ehrhoff for the next eight years.

7.5 million for 40-50 goals
OR
7.5 million for 25-30 goals + 40-50 point defenseman

I know what I like more.
Atrocious. Just

By that logic, Setoguchi for Foligno and Kuba is a great deal for San Jose

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:36 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Atrocious. Just

By that logic, Setoguchi for Foligno and Kuba is a great deal for San Jose
If Setogutchi was making 7.5 million dollars.

Ya it would be a great deal.

Old
04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
The Fuhr

The Sens need a top pairing defenseman.

If J-Bo would agree to sign a 6-7 year extenstion at 7.0 per seaon. I would deal Heatley for just his negotiation rights. I's all about moving money. You see sign and trades happen in the NBA UFA season happen all the time, so GMs can fit pieces under the cap.

Then you have moved Heatleys money to D, and open up space by dumping Kelly and Smith to buy a winger for Spezza to make produce.

It's all about moving money.

---------------

That's what my proposal adressed. Some of Heatleys money to defense.

Old
04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
HSF

Quote:
The Sens need a top pairing defenseman.

If J-Bo would agree to sign a 6-7 year extenstion at 7.0 per seaon. I would deal Heatley for just his negotiation rights. I's all about moving money. You see sign and trades happen in the NBA UFA season happen all the time, so GMs can fit pieces under the cap.

Then you have moved Heatleys money to D, and open up space by dumping Kelly and Smith to buy a winger for Spezza to make produce.

It's all about moving money.

---------------

That's what my proposal adressed. Some of Heatleys money to defense.
sry bud but you have it all wrong, ya moving money is fine but you seem to think Heatley is some sad sack hockey player, they team is having a bad year and he can still hit 40 freaken goals, that is amazing for such a terrible team.

You dont just trade Elite players for a package of so-so players to "move" money, that is actually one of the dumbest reasons i have heard so far on these boards.

If you move elite players for little pieces just so you have more cap space.... well ask Milbury how that worked for him eh

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:53 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
sry bud but you have it all wrong, ya moving money is fine but you seem to think Heatley is some sad sack hockey player, they team is having a bad year and he can still hit 40 freaken goals, that is amazing for such a terrible team.

You dont just trade Elite players for a package of so-so players to "move" money, that is actually one of the dumbest reasons i have heard so far on these boards.

If you move elite players for little pieces just so you have more cap space.... well ask Milbury how that worked for him eh
I remember when Thornton was moved out of Boston in a questionable deal.

The Bruins were then able to sign Chara and Savard.

Now look at which team is the best in the East.

Old
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
I remember when Thornton was moved out of Boston in a questionable deal.

The Bruins were then able to sign Chara and Savard.

Now look at which team is the best in the East.
Chara and Savard are a little better than Ehrhoff and Cheechoo.

The cap space you are clearing with this deal amounts to about $1 M.

So I don't see any massive free agent spending as a result.

Old
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
I just think when you are paying a center 7.0 a season, you have no need for the 7.5 winger. The center should be able to turn 20 goal scorers into 30 goal scorers. That is why he is being paid so much.
Depends on whether Heatley (and Spezza) will be able to carry their own lines someday.

He certainly does it on the PP.

I can see it happening once Alfie retires.

Old
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Chara and Savard are a little better than Ehrhoff and Cheechoo.

The cap space you are clearing with this deal amounts to about $1 M.

So I don't see any massive free agent spending as a result.
But in two years your clearing 7.5 million and that's with a cap that is dropping.

Your probably keep Ehrhoff around as he becomes the teams number one defenseman. (Next Andre Markov)

I just think when you are paying a center 7.0 a season, you have no need for the 7.5 winger. The center should be able to turn 20 goal scorers into 30 goal scorers. That is why he is being paid so much.