HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber Called Up Janik Sent Down

Old
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Damn, Im glad. I could not stand seeing Komisarek on the PP.. Hope he can step up and be almost as effective (if not more) than Schneider on the PP

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Damn, Im glad. I could not stand seeing Komisarek on the PP.. Hope he can step up and be almost as effective (if not more) than Schneider on the PP
Those are some high expectations for a kid who looked lost in his first couple of games in the bigs...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Those are some high expectations for a kid who looked lost in his first couple of games in the bigs...
Okay, I take that back. My point being, I hope he can bring some life to the powerplay.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
He played one game one game in the NHL. If I remember Carbo used him on D on only one PP in which he barely got to touch the puck (not his fault, the rest of the team blew). The rest of the game he played as a forward, a position he might not have played in years, perhaps ever.

I hope Gainey doesn't make the same mistake and use him as a forward. He might be a Swiss defensemen but he's not Streit.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Better late than never.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He played one game one game in the NHL. If I remember Carbo used him on D on only one PP in which he barely got to touch the puck (not his fault, the rest of the team blew).
Actually he played 5:58 on the PP in his only NHL game.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/ES020601.HTM

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
He played one game one game in the NHL. If I remember Carbo used him on D on only one PP in which he barely got to touch the puck (not his fault, the rest of the team blew). The rest of the game he played as a forward, a position he might not have played in years, perhaps ever.

I hope Gainey doesn't make the same mistake and use him as a forward. He might be a Swiss defensemen but he's not Streit.
You mean the same Streit that's somehow managed to remain a plus-player playing all year as a D-man with the Isles ?

I sure hope they don't make the same mistake with Weber...let Dandy be the Habs' new "FP Santangelo"...

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
I laughed. But it is an incredibly stupid joke. I don't get why everyone thinks Latendresse is so fat and out of shape..
Every team has to have one token fat guy

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Bob seems to be a slow thinker.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Crystal Met

weber will be on the 4th line and dandenault paired with obyrn.

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:42 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Actually he played 5:58 on the PP in his only NHL game.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/ES020601.HTM
I remember he lost the puck at the blue line a few times, panicked when he was pressured and missed the net nearly every time he shot. Nerves definitely got to him his first game. Hopefully he gets more confident as the game goes on this time.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:56 AM
habsdude

Has Weber ever played forward in his career besides in the one NHL game with us? I don't get why they keep playing him out of position. He's probably already nervous, no need to make him more uncomfortable out there.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
Has Weber ever played forward in his career besides in the one NHL game with us? I don't get why they keep playing him out of position. He's probably already nervous, no need to make him more uncomfortable out there.
Gainey wants him to be Streit,badly.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Gainey wants him to be Streit,badly.
Haven't you read the memo? Weber : is Swiss, has a good point shot and on ice vision, is around 6"0' 195lbish and is not very physical. Thus he practically *IS* Streit. Anyways the Swiss all look the same and think the same way. If he were not a hockey player he'd be a banker, book it. In short : if Streit played well at forward Weber should have the exact same development curve, as should all Swiss defensemen in the league.

(note to any offended Swiss people : I'm being sarcastic)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
I think they're just trying to protect him. Forechecking forwards would take too many liberties with a young d-man.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
One

vCash: 236
Quote:
Haven't you read the memo? Weber : is Swiss, has a good point shot and on ice vision, is around 6"0' 195lbish and is not very physical. Thus he practically *IS* Streit. Anyways the Swiss all look the same and think the same way. If he were not a hockey player he'd be a banker, book it. In short : if Streit played well at forward Weber should have the exact same development curve, as should all Swiss defensemen in the league.

I lol'ed

One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:01 AM
tycho

Quote:
Haven't you read the memo? Weber : is Swiss, has a good point shot and on ice vision, is around 6"0' 195lbish and is not very physical. Thus he practically *IS* Streit.
You wouldn't mind if he was, would you? Just this time: RE-SIGN.
Looking at what Streit said in German interviews he LOVED playing and living in Montreal. Bummer.

Quote:
Anyways the Swiss all look the same and think the same way. If he were not a hockey player he'd be a banker, book it.
Not all Swiss are banker!!! He could also be a watchmaker, a yodeler or working in the chocolate industry.

Quote:
In short : if Streit played well at forward Weber should have the exact same development curve, as should all Swiss defensemen in the league.
Well, this time I certainly wouldn't mind. Watching the Olympic Games next year with more than three NHL players in the Swiss roster with some of them even NOT being career back-up goalkeepers would be....mind-boggling.

Quote:

Seriously, I'm happy for Weber. I really hope he is able to come up to the expectations, but I'm a little skeptical. It seems to be a little much for such a young defender to come up into the NHL from the AHL, were he certainly had a good season, right before the playoffs and having a big impact on...anything. Besides I, like most here, don't think he will play a lot except for the power play. And if otherwise there seems to be something of a tradition in playing guys like him as forward. I don't know if this is a good thing. I just hope he is sufficient and finally gets a chance playing as a defender next season. I don't think there are a lot of defenders in the NHL that became better defenders by playing forward.

Last edited by tycho: 04-09-2009 at 10:30 AM.
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:07 AM
CanadienErrant*

Too late, too little.

This season is over, even if the Habs make the 1st round of playoffs.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

Is he that tall ? I have seen elsewhere that he is more like 5'10.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote