HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winter Classic 2010: Looks like Fenway

Old
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Winter Classic 2010: Looks like Fenway

As reported in Boston Herald (and Yahoo). Although Bruins' opponent has not yet been decided, reporter believes it will either be Habs or Rangers. Also mentions that because NYC might host 2011 winter classic that it's less likely to be the Rangers at Fenway in 2010.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,154727

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Namso

Although it would be great to have the Habs play in another outdoor game, to tell you the truth it would be kind of unfair to have played in two already when 24 other teams have not played in a single one yet.

And I know the Heritage Classic wasnt the Winter Classic but I think what really matters was that it was an outdoor game.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Although it would be great to have the Habs play in another outdoor game, to tell you the truth it would be kind of unfair to have played in two already when 24 other teams have not played in a single one yet.

And I know the Heritage Classic wasnt the Winter Classic but I think what really matters was that it was an outdoor game.
But, its all about the benjamins!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Great location, a Habs vs Bruins game in Fenway Park would be epic.

04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Gilles Tremblay

I'm not excited about this if they go with the Habs. Habs have been overexposed this year in marketing and have not been up to the call thus far. There was the ASG, endless pre-game ceremonies, there will be the draft (though to be honest few people care about that location), and then the Habs would be featured again in the most marketed game of the regular season next year? And who knows what the Habs will look like next season? I'd be more intrigued by Avs-Minnesota, or Rangers-LA in Yankee or Giants Stadium.

However cool these outdoor games are, I always find it weird to see the rink in the middle of those huge fields, far away from the spectators. They've got to figure a way to build some bleachers full of fans right next to the rink at least on one side. The classic baseball stadiums are a nice gimmick, but don't really work too well in practice.

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
timbitca

I would love to see the Habs play the Bruins at Fenway. Probably as close as I'll be able to see my BoSox play the Yanks in there :p

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:24 PM
MoonlightGraham

It won't be the Canadiens, because they're going to want 2 US markets to have as many American viewers as they can. I think it's going to be Washington, to showcase Ovechkin, Semin and Green.

And in 2011, the Rangers against whoever will draft Tavares at the New Yankee Stadium.

Maybe the Canadiens are still planning the game at the Olympic Stadium to close the 100th anniversary celebrations though... Any recent info on that?

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote