Notices

Bertuzzi for another year?

Old
04-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
Bertuzzi for another year?

As a canucks fan, i come at peace. I just want to know whether Bertuzzi has played well enough to be given another contract from the Flames or not? Thanks.

Vancouver_2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Senatorsfan92*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
As a canucks fan, i come at peace. I just want to know whether Bertuzzi has played well enough to be given another contract from the Flames or not? Thanks.
I would like to see the Senators try to sign Todd Bertuzzi has he played well enough this season for other teams to look at Bertuzzi or resign Todd Bertuzzi what do you think will Todd Bertuzzi resign with the Flames?

Also another I would like to see the Senators try to sign this summer if he hits the open market is David Moss will Moss resign with the Flames?

Senatorsfan92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:57 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I would say no. I've always thought of him as a one and done though. He's a frustrating player to watch sometimes. Has the talent and has played well for the most part, but I think Sutter and the flames would be better off in going in another direction.

Quote:
Also another I would like to see the Senators try to sign this summer if he hits the open market is David Moss will Moss resign with the Flames?
Yes I think the flames resign Moss. I actually would be shocked to see him not here next season.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
getoverit

Bertuzzi was brought in to be a impact player in the playoffs, so we will see very quickly. Scary thing is, is he is the most creative player we have, go figure. Yes he floats, but for a guy this size, he has great hands. For $3MM or under I would resign him, he is still relatively young...................

Moss, I too would be surprised if we didnt sign him, that is one we must sign!!

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Pacem

He can be an effective player. Very creative.

If Keenan is still coach i'd say, no no no no no. He has such a man crush on the guy its sick. He constantly gets thrown out there during important parts of the game. He can play like crap and wont get moved off the PP. His backwards passing and lame attempts at going into the boards are so frustrating. He is no longer an impact player he's more of a complimentary player.

Playoff impact??? He's never done well in the playoffs and I expect him to float more then ever. And Keenan will keep throwing him out there after he makes mistake after mistake.

Bertuzzi is by far my least favourite flame, I hated when they signed him. He's doing better then I expected tho. Fortunately I didn't expect much so he didn't have to do much to pass my expectations. Hopefully he pulls his head out of his ass and plays well these playoffs but im not expecting much again.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
bam09

He has the offense somewhat, but he doesn't always hustle, is useless defensively, and takes penalties just when the Flames need to stay at full strength. He tries to make the flashy play too many times(esp blind passes) and it ends up creating an odd man rush for the other team most of the time.

Bon voyage.

bam09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
No thanks. Team needs to get better defensively in the off season.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 05:29 PM
indigosurf

Unless Todd improves upon his defense and conditioning, then I'd like to see him go. He's always been one of my favourite players, but he just isn't fast enough for the new NHL nowa'days. If not, and we do end up signing him, then all he really desreves is a 3rd or 4th line spot and some time on the PP.

indigosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
qwerty

At the same dollar amount or something close, I'd bring him back. His size, hands, creativity and smooth skating is something that this team needs. For a player who rarely plays with Iginla, he has produced well especially considered his low salary. I would rather keep Bertuzzi and trade Jokinen, who by the way has struggled immensely and with that cap hit, really hurts our chances at re-signing Cammalleri or to sign a Bouwmeester & etc.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:42 PM
cross16

^^^

Agreed. Only for the right dollar amount on a 1 year deal, and alot of that would depend on his playoff performance.
however, another factor is that its extremely likely Cammy is gone next offseason. Moss resigned today so thats taken care of, but if you take Cammy and Bertuzzi off the team thats losing alot of offence in a weak FA class. They don't exaclty have a replacement yet for that. Jokinen helps, but I don't think Boyd is enough to take up the slack.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Lunatik*

Jokinen's struggles have coincided with everyone's offense drying up... totally unfair to put this on him... as for bert... no thanks... let him go elsewhere... i'd rather give Moss his spot for even less money

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
JorgeRocks!

We will need all the room we can get, and him being here does not help the team IMO. He is lazy, with a poor work ethic IMO, and just does not seem to bring a lot of fire a lot of the time. He is inconsistent and slow to. The money could be better used saved up, because we are going to need all the space we can get.

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
GoFlames

I was pretty happy with Bert, especially his clutch goals. I am not sure what he would be asking for though. I will reserve my opinion based on dollar amounts but for around teh same money or a litlte less (1.5-2.0) he might be worth it. Oh and the Moss signing today was outstanding by Sutter!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Body Checker

Cammy is good as gone as a UFA so maybe could bring Bert back for only one more year but not at more than the $1.9 he is now making.........

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Jesus Quintana*

Can't you see Bert going to Toronto? He is from Ontario and there is the Burke connection. He is all about the $$ anyway - and will go wherever they lead him.

Jesus Quintana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
scoringmachine

When Bertuzzi was signed all I kept on hearing and reading from Flames fans were negative comments about his past and that he will be a cancer to this team. He has played above fans expectation and now some of the fans that made the negative comments now love.

If I remember correctly I heard on Fan 960 that Iginla really wanted Bertuzzi on the team and negotiated talks with him to sign with the team. He has played above the fans expectation and I hope he will re-sign with the team and prove to the fans he is still a good player.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Macke*

Did someone say Bertuzzi was brought in to be an impact in the playoffs?

uh...

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote