HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#81) the NO freakin' way edition 4/9/09 Philly @ NY 7pm MSG

Old
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Thank God for Henrik Lundqvist. He is THE REASON the Rangers won this game.
Team MVP !

Great game, that Lundqvist save on Carcillo is the save of the year, and before you all forget -

JUST BELIEVE IN HENKE !

Playoffs

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
lol this feels like the most undeserved clinch. i still hope the panthers make it, they are clearly a better and hungrier team
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
This is my concern:

We will most likely be playing Washington in the first round.

They will not be held to 1 or 2 goals per game.

We will be lucky to hold them to 3 per game.

We are going to need all the offense we can muster. And its not going to happen with Zherdev, Dubinsky, Naslund,and even Korpikoski getting crappy ice time.

Against a team with so much offensive depth, we are going to have to roll 3 lines and generate as much offense as possible.

This is going to be a run and gun shootout kind of series.

And it is not going to work burning out 5 guys and benching 8 others.
We can't win that kind of series against the caps. To beat the caps Henrik will have to play every game like he played last night, and our defense as well. That means forwards coming back hard on the backcheck. If Zherdev, or anyone else for that matter, isn't willing to put in that kind of effort, then they aren't helping the team.

If Zherdev wants more minutes, he will have to earn them. Whether he scores or not is immaterial. It's about effort. If the effort is there, the scoring will be too. He could be so much better than he has been if his effort matched his skill. Torts is pushing him to become that player.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
We can't win that kind of series against the caps. To beat the caps Henrik will have to play every game like he played last night, and our defense as well. That means forwards coming back hard on the backcheck. If Zherdev, or anyone else for that matter, isn't willing to put in that kind of effort, then they aren't helping the team.

If Zherdev wants more minutes, he will have to earn them. Whether he scores or not is immaterial. It's about effort. If the effort is there, the scoring will be too. He could be so much better than he has been if his effort matched his skill. Torts is pushing him to become that player.
See that's the thing, he did, and he was still benched.

What about the shots he blocked and his takeaways last night, those are not mentioned, the only thing that gets mentioned are a pass that missed its target or a shot that just missed.

It's all very contradictory.

I've been saying it all along, it has NOTHING to do with effort. It has to do with Tortorella playing favorites. Avery and Callahan are his pets, so they play. Korpikoski and Zherdev are spited, no matter how hard they work.

This is the problem with fans and the organization as a whole... complain we don't get talent. When we get it, you CANT find yourselves to appreciate it, and its run out of town in favor of the overpaid hacks.

Right? right...

Exhibit one:

Antropov v Zherdev.

cheaper, 24 year old 20g 60pt player... or more expensive UFA 30 year old with bad knees and only finally reaching 20 goals a second time...

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
See that's the thing, he did, and he was still benched.
How hard is it to understand that while protecting a 2-1 lead with the playoffs on the line that Torts wanted his most defensively responsible players out at the end of the game?

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Team MVP !

Great game, that Lundqvist save on Carcillo is the save of the year, and before you all forget -

JUST BELIEVE IN HENKE !

Playoffs
Don't know if this was posted yet.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Fletch

all that can be said is congrats to the Rangers for making the playoffs! I do actually think this is well-deserved because they perservered down the stretch against stiff competition and they pulled it out in the end. It was a great race that came down to the second to last game, against a very good team. Again, congrats!

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:40 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Man, I was at the game last night, and let me say, the Garden was absolutely ROCKING! I would NOT want to be another team coming here in the playoffs....

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Kiefer

Ranger fans are getting close to Canuck fans imo. Emotion only. That's not a good thing.

I might be a bit biased since I like Näslund as a player. To be honest I hate to see him called a perimeter player or a floater.

This NEVER happened before the Avery signing. I guess you guys got your golden boy, and laid your blame on another player.

Did his goal this game don't count? Is he still worthless?
He is a perimeter player after all. Amazing that he still scores.

I read in this thread that Nazzy done nothing for Rangers. Please.
Get a grip. What happened to the Gomez hate?

Disappeared as soon as he lined up with Avery.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet.

The more I hear other teams anouncers the more I appreciate Sam Rosen.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
Ranger fans are getting close to Canuck fans imo. Emotion only. That's not a good thing.

I might be a bit biased since I like Näslund as a player. To be honest I hate to see him called a perimeter player or a floater.

This NEVER happened before the Avery signing. I guess you guys got your golden boy, and laid your blame on another player.

Did his goal this game don't count? Is he still worthless?
He is a perimeter player after all. Amazing that he still scores.

I read in this thread that Nazzy done nothing for Rangers. Please.
Get a grip. What happened to the Gomez hate?

Disappeared as soon as he lined up with Avery.

I personally dont hate Naslund and I feel he gets a lot of undeserved blame. I am not sure if it is because people seem to think of him as Jagr's replacement or if it is because they expect him to play like he did several years ago when he was one of the top players in the world. Considering where he is in his career and what he is signed for, I think he has given the Rangers pretty much what they expected.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote