HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9 game winning streak? Get ready for a 9-0 loss

Old
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
WoodGundy

vCash: 500
I am disgusted with this effort. Apart from the obvious flop by Eaves late in the 3rd, there wasn't one dive-induced pp. No coincidence that's where we scored.

Pathetic. This team is not ready for the playoffs. They better work it out on Saturday.

WoodGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Caniac12

What is the song that was played in the arena when the pre-game videos are playing this game and tuesday night? Ive got a playlist on my iPod I listen to with songs played at games on the way to games, but I dont have this one.

Thats about all I have to say about this game. I think we had 1 real hit all night.

Caniac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:52 PM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGundy View Post
I am disgusted with this effort. Apart from the obvious flop by Eaves late in the 3rd, there wasn't one dive-induced pp. No coincidence that's where we scored.

Pathetic. This team is not ready for the playoffs. They better work it out on Saturday.
Yes, because one bad game in the last 13 = not ready for the playoffs.

Aren't you the guy that showed up after a bad game in November and said "when this team misses the playoffs, it will be because of games like this"? Do you only show up after bad games?

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Not at all. He was with us for all the good times and bad in 05-06, I can vouch for the guy.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:19 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Still is a bit of an overreaction from Woodgundy. If this team lays an egg again vs. the Devils he may have a point.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:44 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
I believe it was an example of the very same dry sarcasm AQ love, but this time from WoodGundy. The dive induced PP is a catch phrase there.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:48 AM
WalkerBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarosefortheHart View Post
I'm not upset at all about this, they had to lose sometime, and I'd rather they stumble now rather then later. And hey, the Slugs shut us out heading into the playoffs in 06, remember how that turned out?

And congrats to Staal for ruining the shutout, and potting #40!
My feelings as well, LFTH. (And monkeys can't dance every night, I guess ... )

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBG View Post
I believe the the Sabres loss of an entire defense corps played a pretty significant role in the outcome of that series. I remember it pretty well. It happened just before Edmonton lost their starting goaltender and Conn Smyth candidate.
Wow, talk about a whine getting better with age, not to mention getting exaggerated.

Apparently your memory has faded. Entire D corps? Sorry but no cigar. Yes, they lost guys as the series went along but why let reality get in the way of some major crying. The replacements played well and at the time were still facing a rookie goaltender who'd spent the season as a back-up. You ran him off once but couldn't finish the deal.

Roloson had a great first round series but had long come back to earth prior to the Finals. By the way, he was getting beaten like a drum by the Canes before he got hurt.

However, very impressive by Buffalo last night and they deserved the win even if it didn't help in their pursuit of the playoffs.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
caniac247

What I find strange is that we lost to the Sabres (a team/fanbase I absoutly dispise) and I don't even care. Maybe it was seeing all the dejected Sabres faces when they watched the Rangers beat the Flyers and officially eliminate their team.

And this just seems too fitting for some reason:

Quote:
Buffalo came off the ice and watched as the New York Rangers wrapped up a 2-1 win over Philadelphia, ending their playoff hopes.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote