HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And The Winner Is..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
  #1
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
And The Winner Is..

And the winner for the 2009 Jacques Beauchamp Molson Trophy is Maxim Lapierre.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...417586#Scene_1



Obviously the right choice. If there is one player who has been consistent since game 1 of the regular season.. its this guy. Not only has he been consistent, he's improved SO MUCH.

For me, it was either between him, Kostopolous and Gorges. But I think Maxim was far ahead of all of them.

Discuss.


Last edited by Gary320: 04-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:58 AM
  #2
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Good job Max McGrin!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:59 AM
  #3
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Lapierre wins the Jacques-Beauchamps

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/272754.html

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
  #4
habsrock60
Registered User
 
habsrock60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Congrats MadMax!

habsrock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:46 PM
  #5
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Benoit Brunet won this twice?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
  #6
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,479
vCash: 500
Well deserved
Congrats Max

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:27 PM
  #7
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Well deserved.

Gorges or Halak wouldn't of been bad choices either, although Mad Max has my vote.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
  #8
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Who won the labatt Nordic cup?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
  #9
Franky Gee
Registered User
 
Franky Gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Martinique
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Who won the labatt Nordic cup?
O'Byrne deserves it!

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:37 PM
  #10
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
O'Byrne deserves it!
Nah, I'll give it to the Montreal Media this year.

Big. Massive. Fail.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
  #11
DrMailloux
 
DrMailloux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
At the beginning of the year, i was getting bashed by almost evrybody by saying we should keep Lapierre over Chipchura . Im glad now people realize his potential . Im glad he **** his critics.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
  #12
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
At the beginning of the year, i was getting bashed by almost evrybody by saying we should keep Lapierre over Chipchura . Im glad now people realize his potential . Im glad he **** his critics.
I doubt it was for hockey reasons though. I know people are sick of the posters that seem to be only interested in rooting for certain players based on what language they speak.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 03:17 PM
  #13
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
We will really find out how much he's develloped when the puck drops next week and the real season starts.

Haven't seen him on the scoresheet in the past 3 losses, and its been advertised that he's now the 2nd line center...

He's definitely a good guy to have, though... and will only get better.

However, it was Halak who saved the season.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
  #14
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
We will really find out how much he's develloped when the puck drops next week and the real season starts.

Haven't seen him on the scoresheet in the past 3 losses, and its been advertised that he's now the 2nd line center...

He's definitely a good guy to have, though... and will only get better.

However, it was Halak who saved the season.
I don't think Halak saved the season. Gainey did.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
  #15
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
And the winner for the 2009 Jacques Beauchamp Molson Trophy is Maxim Lapierre.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...417586#Scene_1



Obviously the right choice. If there is one player who has been consistent since game 1 of the regular season.. its this guy. Not only has he been consistent, he's improved SO MUCH.

For me, it was either between him, Kostopolous and Gorges. But I think Maxim was far ahead of all of them.

Discuss.
Hmmm. Playing a dominant role without winning any particular honour.
That would be Halak. Dominating the role of playing second banana to the player whose ass he repeatedly bails out.

The connection between Halak's great unapprreciated efforts and the team's appearance in the playoffs is direct. Media seem to have memories as long as the ones in certain corners of fandom.

Another BS media award and another BS slight of Halak. They can't even spell the word honour correctly in the communication, you think anyone will spend any time making sure the recipient is deserving.


Last edited by Agnostic: 04-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
  #16
DrMailloux
 
DrMailloux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I doubt it was for hockey reasons though. I know people are sick of the posters that seem to be only interested in rooting for certain players based on what language they speak.
Yes, i agree that it was prolly because he was french that he was criticized that much... Its some kind of racism even if ppl will deny it to the death, its very sad but it still exist in 2009 .

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
  #17
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,512
vCash: 500
Obviously this award was decided on before OT last night.

Kidding.. well done Max.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
  #18
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
Congrats MadMax!
Madmax isn't a realy great name for a guy who knocked out by Lee.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
  #19
Tortue
Registered User
 
Tortue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Madmax isn't a realy great name for a guy who knocked out by Lee.
That was one solid punch.

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
  #20
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Hmmm. Playing a dominant role without winning any particular honour. That would be Halak. Dominating the role of playing second banana to the player whose ass he repeatedly bails out. ..... Another BS media award and another BS slight of Halak.
You know I completely agree the most overlooked and under-appreciated player on the team was Halak, but it's also arguable that he was prevented from playing a dominant role because the team never hesitated to go back to Price ASAP. Either way though, it's completely wrong to see this as a slight of Halak. Maxim deserves to be recognized for his above-the-call-of-duty contribution this season just like Halak does for his.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
  #21
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
I don't really understand the basis on which this is awarded

Is it like, the most underrated?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
  #22
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Go Max!!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:01 PM
  #23
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
You know I completely agree the most overlooked and under-appreciated player on the team was Halak, but it's also arguable that he was prevented from playing a dominant role because the team never hesitated to go back to Price ASAP. Either way though, it's completely wrong to see this as a slight of Halak. Maxim deserves to be recognized for his above-the-call-of-duty contribution this season just like Halak does for his.
Lapierre is much improved, he's peaked recently and playing exciting hockey. So, again, what have you done for me lately. But in terms of a heads down, do your job unsung hero way Halak does more than this at the most critical position.


Last edited by Agnostic: 04-10-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.