HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds waiting on Zidlicky

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
Preds waiting on Zidlicky

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=57419405

The Predators have a two-year offer on the table to Zidlicky, a restricted free agent who totaled 53 points in his first NHL season. But in part because of Zidlicky's continued participation in the World Cup of Hockey, the Predators have yet to receive an answer from him.

Should Zidlicky accept the offer, it's not as likely the Predators would continue to pursue Numminen.

Old
09-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Should Zidlicky accept the offer, it's not as likely the Predators would continue to pursue Numminen.
I would disagree with that statement...Hamhuis, Kimmo and Eaton are our definite top 4 dmen Zidlicky, Lilja, Hnidy and Allison are not top 4 defensemen at this particular time.

Old
09-12-2004, 01:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I would disagree with that statement...Hamhuis, Kimmo and Eaton are our definite top 4 dmen Zidlicky, Lilja, Hnidy and Allison are not top 4 defensemen at this particular time.
At no point in time have we ever had 4 top 4 Dmen. I doubt this year will be any different. $$$

Old
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
At no point in time have we ever had 4 top 4 Dmen. I doubt this year will be any different. $$$
I honestly believe this has to be the year, or we will slide back out of the playoff picture...no way a combination of the final 3 I listed will become top 4...Zids is just to darn small to make it into the top 4.

Old
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I honestly believe this has to be the year, or we will slide back out of the playoff picture...no way a combination of the final 3 I listed will become top 4...Zids is just to darn small to make it into the top 4.
We may slide out of the playoff picture, but I'm not too worried about that. It's our obvious goal, but at what price? Teppo's likely to cost us around 1.5 million, and is that money we are going to spend? Our payroll, if we sign Teppo for that much, we'll be pushing up against 30 million. Do you think management is prepared to make that kind of short-term commitment?

Old
09-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
We may slide out of the playoff picture, but I'm not too worried about that. It's our obvious goal, but at what price? Teppo's likely to cost us around 1.5 million, and is that money we are going to spend? Our payroll, if we sign Teppo for that much, we'll be pushing up against 30 million. Do you think management is prepared to make that kind of short-term commitment?
for two years only...absolutely.

Old
09-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

If Zidlicky keeps playing hardball, I'd think Poile would entertain trading him while his value is high. Throw in something small and you could get that number one center that's on your list.

Old
09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
If Zidlicky keeps playing hardball, I'd think Poile would entertain trading him while his value is high. Throw in something small and you could get that number one center that's on your list.
Just curious, who do you have in mind as a potential Pred?

Old
09-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Just curious, who do you have in mind as a potential Pred?
Seems to me you would like a big dude that can play defense and score 60+ points. I guess the big question is do you want the player to slip into that spot right away, or take a year or two to groom? I'm guessing the former over the later.

I think the Jokinen proposal a few weeks back was a good one. Langkow would fit in well, but Calgary won't trade him. I don't know if he plays center, but Mike York is an ideal Pred. While he's not overly big, he gives 100% every night and does well in all facets of the game. I can't think of anymore at the moment, just woke up and I have to hurry onto work, but I'll think about it some during my boring day in the warehouse.

Old
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
PredsMan

I'd like to have Handzus, but he's more likely a no.2 type guy.

Closed Thread