HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek a dirty player? (figuratively, of course)

Old
04-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Thinkbig

vCash: 500
Komisarek a dirty player? (figuratively, of course)

I've been reading the Bruins boards today (I know, shame on me ) and they all tend to say that the habs, specifically Komisarek, played dirty last night...

Are they on drugs or what? Or am I missing something?

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:23 PM
nas84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I've been reading the Bruins boards today (I know, shame on me ) and they all tend to say that the habs, specifically Komisarek, played dirty last night...

Are they on drugs or what? Or am I missing something?
bruins fans think every penalty they get against the habs is a dive, every hit on them is dirty, think chara is better than lidstrom, think every loss against the habs is a moral victory because some bruins jumped a hab from behind and took him down, and worst of all, when joe thornton was still palying for them and speared markov, one of the dirtiest plays in hockey, they actually thought markov dove. its like evolution took place everywhere except new england.

but in the end, they haven;t even won a playoff round since 94.

nas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas84 View Post
bruins fans think every penalty they get against the habs is a dive, every hit on them is dirty, think chara is better than lidstrom, think every loss against the habs is a moral victory because some bruins jumped a hab from behind and took him down, and worst of all, when joe thornton was still palying for them and speared markov, one of the dirtiest plays in hockey, they actually thought markov dove. its like evolution took place everywhere except new england.

yep that sum it up

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:

I've read as well that supposedly, Gainey ordered O'byrne to mess with Thornton.

Old
04-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I've read as well that supposedly, Gainey ordered O'byrne to mess with Thornton.
Yea I read that too. One poster went on a huge rant about how the Bruins "always play with passion".

"Passion" no-showed game 7 last year, "passion" got them eliminated for God knows how many years in a row by the Habs in the playoffs, and they've passionately gone Cupless in 37 years.

No doubt they're a top-5 club but Christ, get off the soapbox.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
CHCl3

Regardless of what Bruins fan think, I'd consider Komisarek to be, indeed, a borderline dirty player (not filthy, just dirty).

The way he brutalizes other players after the play has stopped has become quite a trademark move of his (a lot of players do it, though few do it as systematically and intensely), along with his –great– ability to block countless shots.

I tend to think this strategy usually works (he gets away with no penalty, the other player gets bruised and intimidated), unless :

- the referees call a roughing penalty (sometimes justified, sometimes not)
- he throws players into his own goaltender, which may cause a stupid injury

But well, we love him as he is, don't we ?
(and I like what I've seen from him over the past few games)

CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterIgnis View Post
Regardless of what Bruins fan think, I'd consider Komisarek to be, indeed, a borderline dirty player (not filthy, just dirty).

The way he brutalizes other players after the play has stopped has become quite a trademark move of his (a lot of players do it, though few do it as systematically and intensely), along with his –great– ability to block countless shots.

I tend to think this strategy usually works (he gets away with no penalty, the other player gets bruised and intimidated), unless :

The good thing is that he pisses off the Ruins and their fans by his own. Imagine once Laraque and Stewart come in...

Old
04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Some of the hits seem low, but hey, we all know how things work.....We cheer for the laundry, thats what makes us fans. We wear black and gold glasses, yours are red, white, and blue. If komi was our guy, he'd be loved. if Lucic was your guy, he'd have the babes of montreal all over him, like he gets here. Always take message boards with a grain of salt.

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Some of the hits seem low, but hey, we all know how things work.....We cheer for the laundry, thats what makes us fans. We wear black and gold glasses, yours are red, white, and blue. If komi was our guy, he'd be loved. if Lucic was your guy, he'd have the babes of montreal all over him, like he gets here. Always take message boards with a grain of salt.
You should post this EXACT post in your boards

Old
04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Fire Brunet*

I heard Gainey was ugly too

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Turboflex*

Komisarek is borderline dirty, he really works guys hard with crosschecks along the boards/corners. His hipchecks are clean tho. The hit on Lucic seemed fluky tho, like he turned into it, usually Komisarek doesnt do that.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
I heard Gainey was ugly too
of course, because JUlien is a thing of beauty

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:22 PM
TheCH*

Komisarek has never done anything as bad as what lucy girl did to him last night.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:43 PM
RC51

Lucic ran away from Big George this year.
Lucic won't be able to run from Laraque for the entire series.
Big George will hunt him down and give Lucic the whooping he deserves.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterIgnis View Post

That's not being dirty.

Dirty player is giving dirty hits from behind, spears, dives, attempts to injure, etc..

Little shoving after the whistle isn't dirty at all, it's part of the game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Orange

Komo annoys and frustrates the opposition. Judging from opposing team fans, he does it well.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Kman777

He definately does play on the edge. He makes questionable plays, but when someone on the Bruins board calls him Avery2.0.....

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:37 PM
smon

You can only call Komisarek dirty if you think that hitting players automatically means you have to drop the gloves and fight. I don't think so.

It's like Lapierre. Everyone wants to fight the guy around the league for some inexpicable reason - he chirps too much I guess. Doesn't mean he has to fight though. Nothing dirty about talking trash to the other team.

If Lucic was pissed by Komisarek's hit, he should have tried to line him up for a hit on his next shift. But he didn't. He tried to jump him from behind when he was being hassled by another Bruin. Now that's dirty.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
DeVries*

If Komisarek is dirty, then Lucic and Chara are Tim McCraken and Ogie Ogilthorpe.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
One of the truest posts ever posted, I'll drink a Sam Adams to that.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:38 PM
tinyzombies

I hven't had a child yet, but I'd trade it for Lucic. Imagine having Lucic AND Komsarek on the same team??? Insanity.

tinyzombies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Hnidy Hnight

To be honest, i think if Komisarek walks, it's going to be a huge hit to the state of the rivalry. Villians are a good thing. As much as you guys may hate Lucic, the games wouldnt be as fun to watch without him in the lineup. Guys like Lucic and Komi add that little extra something you wouldn't get with a game VS a Phoenix or Florida on a typical Thursday night. If he does walk, you guys better swing a deal for Ribero. I like the villian factor

Old
04-10-2009, 10:51 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:

on top of that ... when you scream your lungs out at the northbank with a passionate ''go habs go'' ... the smartest thing they figured out was to ''boo'' the ''go habs go'' ...then wait ... and for a reason that is beyond my grasp ... they all get together and shout a classic ''U ! S! A! '' every now and then... talk about being flippin pathetic.

ruins and their blind have for habs ... this springs has a taste of deja vu.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Taylorzzz

Komi is definately not a dirty player. The fact that he is being compared to Avery is just plain silly.

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
on top of that ... when you scream your lungs out at the northbank with a passionate ''go habs go'' ... the smartest thing they figured out was to ''boo'' the ''go habs go'' ...then wait ... and for a reason that is beyond my grasp ... they all get together with a classic ''U ! S! A! '' ... talk about being flippin pathetic.

The USA chants doesnt reflect the real fans. We've discussed this on our board as well, and hate it. It's just drunk college kids that do that. Being a canadian citizen myself, the "canada sucks" crap bothers me. Half our players are canadian, makes no sense. Real Bruins fans dont do that, thats the bandwagon pink hats chant