HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's your opinion (Trade: PHI & ATL w/ Briere, JVR, Lehtonen and picks)

Old
04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Lentonen is NOT an upgrade over Biron or Niittymaki.
so a bigtime pass.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:13 PM
SheroWorship

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I put this on the trade board and wanted the opinion of everyone here. I think it's reasonable even if it'll never happen.

To Atl - Briere, JVR, SJS 2009 3rd
To Philly - Lehtonen, 2010 1st, 3rd line wing/equivalent prospect.

I understand that Atl wants JVR straight up but that's just not going to happen unless we have really soured on JVR (and there's no reason to believe this). Lehtonen will likely get around 5 mil a year as an RFA this year and we could simply wait and make him an offer sheet. We'd have to give up liek a 1st and a 2nd at that price and that's far less valuable than JVR. Second, if we are going to take on about 5 mil in salary with Lehtonen then we are going to need them to take back about equal salary off the current roster.

I doubt Briere would waive his NMC to go to Atlanta but if he would do you think this trade is fair?
I live in Atl and this has to be one of the most unrealistic crack induced proposals I have ever read. WT*!! Lehtonen has zero upside to win a Cup. He has no value in PA vs any goalie we (Philly) have on the pro roster. Seriosly...this is a late April Fools joke - right?

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
depending on how much biron wants and how much lehtonen is expecting to get as an RFA, i'd take a chance on kari. i wouldn't trade JVR for him, but i'd certainly deal someone like lupul or carle for him. no way he gets JVR, who we just signed, especially when he's a pending RFA.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
BringBackStevens

Lehtonen is one of the most overrated players in the game today

No no no and no

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 06:32 AM
kgchief

Can anyone explain how Briere's NMC works. Now I know that he could agree to a trade
if he wants to. (Say Montreal or another city. Definitely not Atlanta). He must have his
nose a little out of joint seeing as though he has dropped down the pecking order in
Philly. But what if he wants to stay? How does the waivers, buyouts etc. differ for a
player with the NMC. Anyone?

kgchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Shoeny

not only is it complete overpayment, it doesnt make sense cap wise.

jvr >>>> 3.5 mil in cap space

its actually safe to say this trade will never happen

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgchief View Post
Can anyone explain how Briere's NMC works. Now I know that he could agree to a trade
if he wants to. (Say Montreal or another city. Definitely not Atlanta). He must have his
nose a little out of joint seeing as though he has dropped down the pecking order in
Philly. But what if he wants to stay? How does the waivers, buyouts etc. differ for a
player with the NMC. Anyone?
He can't be waived (that's the extra bonus a NMC gives over a NTC). He could still be bought out, but at this point that puts the Flyers in an even worse spot with the cap. I don't think the guy is upset enough where he's at to waive it either. He's playing 5 on 5 with our most talented player and still getting #1 PP time.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

I would ****ing murder.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I put this on the trade board and wanted the opinion of everyone here. I think it's reasonable even if it'll never happen.

To Atl - Briere, JVR, SJS 2009 3rd
To Philly - Lehtonen, 2010 1st, 3rd line wing/equivalent prospect.

I understand that Atl wants JVR straight up but that's just not going to happen unless we have really soured on JVR (and there's no reason to believe this). Lehtonen will likely get around 5 mil a year as an RFA this year and we could simply wait and make him an offer sheet. We'd have to give up liek a 1st and a 2nd at that price and that's far less valuable than JVR. Second, if we are going to take on about 5 mil in salary with Lehtonen then we are going to need them to take back about equal salary off the current roster.

I doubt Briere would waive his NMC to go to Atlanta but if he would do you think this trade is fair?
Take away the SJ pick and add Atlanta's 2009 1st and I make this deal

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Is Lehtonen the most over-rated goalie in the league on here?
On Detroit he'd win the cup without breaking a sweat. In Philly he would have won 5 more games than Biron. I think he's better than most of the NHL's starters.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
On Detroit he'd win the cup without breaking a sweat. In Philly he would have won 5 more games than Biron. I think he's better than most of the NHL's starters.
I agree. He's got pretty good numbers on just a TERRIBLE team over the past few years.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:53 AM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
no, thank heaven homer isnt dumb enough to do such a stupid move

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Not a chance I'd give up assets for the privilege of paying Lehtonen 5 mill per. This doesn't make us any better, it gives us another suspect starter and less cap room. Lehtonen's a bit of an athletic freak, and can go post to post with the best of them...his inconsistency and suspect groin is what scares me away. He could come here and put it all together and realize his upside but in our cap situation it's a pretty risky move.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:15 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Take away the SJ pick and add Atlanta's 2009 1st and I make this deal
Don't be crazy

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
Lentonen is NOT an upgrade over Biron or Niittymaki.
so a bigtime pass.
I take it you don't watch many Thrashers games. Lehtonen is a definite upgrade Biron and especially Niittymaki. The only problem for him is health, but his conditioning has certainly improved immensely.

That being said, he is also the Thrashers' goalie for now and the future, so I don't see them trading him. If the Flyers are to go after one of their goalies, it would be Pavelec, who can be a solid backup capable of starting several games a year (perfect if they decide to go with Biron and let Niitty walk). He certainly isn't worth JVR, but I think the Flyers can get him for a bit of a discount considering his situation.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 06:35 AM
kgchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
He can't be waived (that's the extra bonus a NMC gives over a NTC). He could still be bought out, but at this point that puts the Flyers in an even worse spot with the cap. I don't think the guy is upset enough where he's at to waive it either. He's playing 5 on 5 with our most talented player and still getting #1 PP time.
Thanks CSC I wasn't sure. Poor Danny just seems to get bounced around ever since his injuries but still puts up points.

kgchief is offline   Reply With Quote