HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA-CHI-Ott

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2009, 01:07 PM
  #26
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
I'm pretty oblivious to this but is Campbell not working out in Chicago?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
  #27
Hawksfan12*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
he's fine but we will need to move a big contract or else we will be in cap hell soon

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
  #28
Flapjack*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My kinda town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Again to you EPIC FAIL, Atl was at 7.5 to 8mil per and Sabes, Sharks, and a few others were in the 6.5mil range.

Btw, love the avatar and do you know anything about hockey? It seems like u dont

Actually, you have your facts and rumors mixed up.

Rumors have it that the Sebs offered 6.5, and the Sharks offered 5.

There were no "8 million dollar offers" for this guy, and possibly his agent running up the price was the main culprit for that.
The Hawks were bidding against themselves, with the FACT that they were offering 5.5, which suddenly increased a whole lot, with Fail Tallon running to the podium at the press conference saying " to get people to play here, we had to spend money".

Nice self pwnage there Fail Tallon, too bad you were bidding against nobody.


Again, EPIC FAIL

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
  #29
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Actually, you have your facts and rumors mixed up.

Rumors have it that the Sebs offered 6.5, and the Sharks offered 5.

There were no "8 million dollar offers" for this guy, and possibly his agent running up the price was the main culprit for that.
The Hawks were bidding against themselves, with the FACT that they were offering 5.5, which suddenly increased a whole lot, with Fail Tallon running to the podium at the press conference saying " to get people to play here, we had to spend money".

Nice self pwnage there Fail Tallon, too bad you were bidding against nobody.


Again, EPIC FAIL
Too bad I know for a fact Atlanta offered 8mil.
But anyways have fun trashing the Hawks all the time.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
  #30
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
CHI Gets: Campoli,Handzus

OTT Gets: Campbell,Hickey,Brian Boyle,LA's First

LA Gets:, Spezza, Smith
So the Kings give up Handzus, Hickey, Boyle, and their 1st round pick in 2009 for Spezza?

No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
he's fine but we will need to move a big contract or else we will be in cap hell soon
The Kings will take Cam Barker and Cris Versteeg off your hands though, since the Blackhawks can't afford them. Good luck trading Campbell. He's a fine player, but that contract sucks. Not many teams have the cap space to help you out with that one.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:51 PM
  #31
Piffle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I'm pretty oblivious to this but is Campbell not working out in Chicago?
He isn't sucking, it is just that we have too many other good defensemen. He is the best one offensively, but Barker and Keith are well above average. That cap money would be better spent for us on making sure we don't lose any of our core going forward. There are other teams that could really, REALLY use an offensive defenseman like Campbell. He really does change the game for the team he plays for, and for a team with slower, more defensive defensemen he would really add to their transition game immensely.

I am mainly just scared to death of losing Duncan Keith because Campbell is taking up too much of our cap space.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
  #32
TweetyLeaf
Registered User
 
TweetyLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
To trade proposal: hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
I am mainly just scared to death of losing Duncan Keith because Campbell is taking up too much of our cap space.
If we lose Keith/Seabrook D pair becouse of Campbell im gonna.... im gonna...... cry like a baby, stomp the ground with my feet and ask someone wake me up allready.
Campbell is working fine for us, he just needs to find his best game in second D pair with not so much game time, his only problem is the horrible contract.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:41 PM
  #33
Hawksfan12*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
"The Kings will take Cam Barker and Cris Versteeg off your hands though, since the Blackhawks can't afford them. Good luck trading Campbell. He's a fine player, but that contract sucks. Not many teams have the cap space to help you out with that one."

Some teams would actually benefit from campbell,ottawa is 1 of them

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:41 PM
  #34
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I'm pretty oblivious to this but is Campbell not working out in Chicago?
He's done pretty much what he was expected to do.

He wants more responsibility though which is good, if he can deliver.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
  #35
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 50
How about you guys pay us to take Campbell off your hands

This deal is really bad for Ottawa

COUNTER:

To CHI: Jack Johnson, Jason Smith
To OTT: Anze Kopitar, Brent Sopel
To LA: Brian Campbell, Patrick Wiercioch, Nick Foligno, OTT 1st

Pretty much the same deal changing LA's perspective to Ottawa's perspective

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:29 AM
  #36
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
*snip*

Pretty much the same deal changing LA's perspective to Ottawa's perspective
Since it was a Blackhawks fan that made the proposal wouldn't it make more sense to change it to a Chicago perspective to prove your point that it was a bad offer?

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM
  #37
SilverSeven
Registered User
 
SilverSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,024
vCash: 500
No thanks. Ill keep Spezza.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.