HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek a dirty player? (figuratively, of course)

Old
04-11-2009, 01:50 AM
number 11

vCash: 500
haha ya, komo is dirty for hitting guys and not fighting everyone in sight, while lucic can try to pull a guy's head off or chara can attack and fight someone WHO HASN'T DROPPED HIS GLOVES.

then again, they'll just say he deserved it because he doesn't fight enough.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 07:48 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
haha ya, komo is dirty for hitting guys and not fighting everyone in sight, while lucic can try to pull a guy's head off or chara can attack and fight someone WHO HASN'T DROPPED HIS GLOVES.

then again, they'll just say he deserved it because he doesn't fight enough.
I was listening to the team990 yesterday and they said Lucic had STRICT orders not to engage Laraque in that game where he ran scared. So when Lucic doesn't fight it's OK but when Komi, equally under orders not to fight, doesn't fight it's because he's a dirty player?

I agree that he shouldn't fight. His value is in blocking shots and offering punishing hits. That's his game. He has no value shooting or fighting. Lucic was just upset that Komi got one up on him and because he is insecure he lost it and tried to twist his head off. After seeing that play again I have changed my mind and I do think Lucic should have been suspended. It was nothing more than intent to injure Komi who had just delivered a legal hit.

Who exactly is the dirty player? If we hit Bergeron, he who doesn't hesitate to nail our players, we'd be labeled a dirty team because it might lead to a career ending concussion. You can't win with Bruin fans.

We almost won that game and that is what is shocking them. So much for intimidation, they had the whole city talking about how we'd like to see Boston in the first round. If we got that much confidence out of the game imagine what the players are feeling!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
If he does walk, you guys better swing a deal for Ribero. I like the villian factor
Ugh, bad memories, don't ever mention him...

We got a guy named Andrew Conboy in the Minors. Kid is a killer. I'm pretty sure he'll career injure a Bruin in his first pre-season game. You'll love him

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:27 AM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
I was listening to the team990 yesterday and they said Lucic had STRICT orders not to engage Laraque in that game where he ran scared. So when Lucic doesn't fight it's OK but when Komi, equally under orders not to fight, doesn't fight it's because he's a dirty player?

I agree that he shouldn't fight. His value is in blocking shots and offering punishing hits. That's his game. He has no value shooting or fighting. Lucic was just upset that Komi got one up on him and because he is insecure he lost it and tried to twist his head off. After seeing that play again I have changed my mind and I do think Lucic should have been suspended. It was nothing more than intent to injure Komi who had just delivered a legal hit.

Who exactly is the dirty player? If we hit Bergeron, he who doesn't hesitate to nail our players, we'd be labeled a dirty team because it might lead to a career ending concussion. You can't win with Bruin fans.

We almost won that game and that is what is shocking them. So much for intimidation, they had the whole city talking about how we'd like to see Boston in the first round. If we got that much confidence out of the game imagine what the players are feeling!
Great post.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:31 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Komisarek has never done anything as bad as what lucy girl did to him last night.
I think you're right Tony. That was a stupid and dangerous play on Lucic's part. Pulling someone's head back like that could cause them to smash the back of their head on the ice resulting in a nasty concussion.

I think Komisarek plays on the edge and it's noticeble mostly because of his size. He's 6'4'' 240 pounds and he's known for cross-checking and beating on guys like David Krejci after the play. Chara took exception to that just like he did earlier in the season when Boris Valabik (6'7'' 240) was abusing Phil Kessel.

I think the difference is that Chara will punish people during the play with mostly clean hits. Komisarek will continue hitting people just for being there after the play stops.

I'll tell you though, I'd think it was hilarious if Komisarek was on the Bruins.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:57 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I think you're right Tony. That was a stupid and dangerous play on Lucic's part. Pulling someone's head back like that could cause them to smash the back of their head on the ice resulting in a nasty concussion.

I think Komisarek plays on the edge and it's noticeble mostly because of his size. He's 6'4'' 240 pounds and he's known for cross-checking and beating on guys like David Krejci after the play. Chara took exception to that just like he did earlier in the season when Boris Valabik (6'7'' 240) was abusing Phil Kessel.

I think the difference is that Chara will punish people during the play with mostly clean hits. Komisarek will continue hitting people just for being there after the play stops.
I'll tell you though, I'd think it was hilarious if Komisarek was on the Bruins.
No, Chara broke Raitis Ivanans orbital bone by punching him in the face while he was defenseless and a linesmen was holding his arms. He has attacked several Habs players unprovoked after whistles the last few years, throwing punches at huge fighters like Koivu and Latendresse. Komisarek is no where near as dirty as Chara, and has never pulled a stunt like Lucic did the other night.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
theboss*

lol what happens if Komi signs with the bruins. Their fans will fall in love with him and praise their GM for getting Komi. Which is very stupid.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:07 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I've read as well that supposedly, Gainey ordered O'byrne to mess with Thornton.
Gainey was so proud of his boy for his stupid action, Ryan hardly saw the ice for the rest of the game.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Komisarek is borderline dirty, he really works guys hard with crosschecks along the boards/corners. His hipchecks are clean tho. The hit on Lucic seemed fluky tho, like he turned into it, usually Komisarek doesnt do that.
Lucic's reaction notwithstanding - it was stupid and dangerous - I don't get how anyone can see this play and make any sort of justification that Lucic "turned into" the hit, or the Komisarek hit him from the side. I've seen both a number of times from Habs fans. I just watched the YT of this several times, and Lucic was skating backwards in the neutral zone, and got hit directly from behind by Komisarek. Lucic never turned - not one bit.

I'm objective enough to say that Lucic's reaction was over the top - I just wish Habs fans could be as objective about this hit. It was from behind, and it was dirty.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboys99 View Post
lol what happens if Komi signs with the bruins. Their fans will fall in love with him and praise their GM for getting Komi. Which is very stupid.
Bruins fans are never happy with whoever they sign. Go look at the Thomas re-signing thread. It's basically "Fire Chia-relly" all over it.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Some of the hits seem low, but hey, we all know how things work.....We cheer for the laundry, thats what makes us fans. We wear black and gold glasses, yours are red, white, and blue. If komi was our guy, he'd be loved. if Lucic was your guy, he'd have the babes of montreal all over him, like he gets here. Always take message boards with a grain of salt.
Difference is, not everyone wears those glasses, personally i'd take lucic on my team any day of the week. I read the thread in question as well. What struck me was that there wasn't a single b's fan come out and tell his fellow b's fan's to **** and stop being ignorant. We have alot of dumb fans but there seems to be at least a decent offset of other hab fans who comes out and calls out the stupid ones. (That or i've simply ignores so many dumb ones that i don't see the stupid **** they post)

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
machoman911b

I don't think that Komisarek is a dirty player, but here's the difference between the situation the other night and the situation in Montreal.

Julien tells Lucic NOT to fight Laraque. Laraque "shadows" Lucic every shift, and tries to engage him by simply running his mouth, with the occasional gloved push. Not going to lie, if that is how Laraque was supposed to goad Lucic, that's just pretty sad. If BGL wanted the fight badly enough, he'd take the extra penalty or two and REALLY engage Milan -- put him in a situation where he has to drop mitts or get hammered.

Gainey tells the Habs NOT to fight. Lucic tries to scrap Komisarek, gloves stay on. Chara drops mitts and starts throwing, Komisarek's glove stay on. Thornton drops mitts with D'Agostini, his gloves stay on. Thornton drops mitts with O'Byrne, he turtles. Hnidy ragdolls Gorges, who refuses to scrap. Thornton drops gloves with Komisarek, he stares at him blankly - Lucic jumps on. Thornton drops mitts again with Komisarek, no fight, both take roughings.

Just looking at it, the Habs took massive penalty minutes in all these exchanges...if Komisarek is too valuable to lose -- why wouldn't he fight once and get it over with (5 minutes) instead of taking more than that in minors -- same for O'Byrne. As players, there comes a time where they are challenged so directly that for the damn pride/guts they should answer the bell.

machoman911b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
habs93

Watch the slash Lucy does on Komisarek before he grabs him by the head and neck
maybe he was hoping to Mike Brown him (who slipped on a stick) and then pounded
him when he was on the ice......

habs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoman911b View Post
I don't think that Komisarek is a dirty player, but here's the difference between the situation the other night and the situation in Montreal.

Julien tells Lucic NOT to fight Laraque. Laraque "shadows" Lucic every shift, and tries to engage him by simply running his mouth, with the occasional gloved push. Not going to lie, if that is how Laraque was supposed to goad Lucic, that's just pretty sad. If BGL wanted the fight badly enough, he'd take the extra penalty or two and REALLY engage Milan -- put him in a situation where he has to drop mitts or get hammered.

Gainey tells the Habs NOT to fight. Lucic tries to scrap Komisarek, gloves stay on. Chara drops mitts and starts throwing, Komisarek's glove stay on. Thornton drops mitts with D'Agostini, his gloves stay on. Thornton drops mitts with O'Byrne, he turtles. Hnidy ragdolls Gorges, who refuses to scrap. Thornton drops gloves with Komisarek, he stares at him blankly - Lucic jumps on. Thornton drops mitts again with Komisarek, no fight, both take roughings.

Just looking at it, the Habs took massive penalty minutes in all these exchanges...if Komisarek is too valuable to lose -- why wouldn't he fight once and get it over with (5 minutes) instead of taking more than that in minors -- same for O'Byrne. As players, there comes a time where they are challenged so directly that for the damn pride/guts they should answer the bell.
Thornton and D'AGOSTINI? And Bruins fans whine at whatever Komi did to Krejci (I didn't see it, I don't know what they refer to).
You think d'Agostini would fight with Thornton? Seriously!
Komisarek won't fight because he is ordered to, if we lose him for 5 we're in trouble defensively, and he could get injured again.

So Lucic refusing to fight with Laraque is okay, but Habs players not fighting is turtling? That's a double standard, but Bruins fans know double standards pretty well.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Prudentius

Someone crying about D'Agostini not fighting Thornton?

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Lucic runs around and taunts like a heavyweight after he wins a fight, that is why it was more shameful for him not to go BGL. You act like a heavyweight than you should take on the contenders, most in the hockey media pointed it out to.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:08 AM
machoman911b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
HAHA, D'agostini against Thornton!!! God you must be a shame for the bruins boards.
I am NOT saying he should have fought Thornton -- not at all.

What I am pointing out is that Thornton had his gloves off, and this guy throws a left to the face then lets the linesman do his thing. It's the concept of pesting around all game that the Habs executed non-stop. If must be frustrating to watch.

machoman911b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:18 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
Lucic's reaction notwithstanding - it was stupid and dangerous - I don't get how anyone can see this play and make any sort of justification that Lucic "turned into" the hit, or the Komisarek hit him from the side. I've seen both a number of times from Habs fans. I just watched the YT of this several times, and Lucic was skating backwards in the neutral zone, and got hit directly from behind by Komisarek. Lucic never turned - not one bit.

I'm objective enough to say that Lucic's reaction was over the top - I just wish Habs fans could be as objective about this hit. It was from behind, and it was dirty.

There is NOTHING in the rules against hitting from behind per se. Otherwise, guys could just skate backwards all day. What is boarding is a violent check where the player is PROPELLED into the boards, and it need not be from behind, though such checks generally result in more violent contact with the boards.

You can't seriously expect that a guy participating in the ATTACK on the other team's zone has some kind of RIGHT to free passage just because he is skating backwards. The defender has every right to body check him in a legal way, meaning without use of the stick or elbow.

In this case, Lucic fell somewhat sideways toward the boards, but contact was not violent. In my opinion it was not a penalty, but at worst it was two minutes.

Old
04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
beaverBFP

just gotta put this out there but hnidy knight's probably the most respectable bruins fan

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I am NOT saying he should have fought Thornton -- not at all.

What I am pointing out is that Thornton had his gloves off, and this guy throws a left to the face then lets the linesman do his thing. It's the concept of pesting around all game that the Habs executed non-stop. If must be frustrating to watch.
Well, if the Refs did their job correctly, you should have seen a bunch of your players get thrown out. You're not allowed to beat on someone that doesn't drop the gloves.
What Chara did to Komi, should have been a game misconduct. All we have to think about is the Souray/Armstrong incident.
Thornton trying to fight around 4guys during that game was ridiculous. At some point, enough is enough, if he doesn't understand then get him out.
Lucic stirring up crap at the very first chance and jumping Komi from behind like that should have been his last straw.

Not saying the Habs's players were angels, we stirred crap up and didn't back down even if we refused to fight. The Refs were horrible and let that game degenerate.

But hey, if the Refs would have had control early on, maybe the Habs don't score 3PPG, maybe we don't get our pts, or maybe we win it in regulation time. Who knows..important thing was we got a point.

As for Laraque taking the extra 1-2penalty to pest someone around. What if they score on both those PP. You think Laraque will see much action after that?..Taking a penalty when you're a pest is exactly the OPPOSITE of what a pest is supposed to do.
He's suppose to DRAW penalties, not take them.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
There is NOTHING in the rules against hitting from behind per se. Otherwise, guys could just skate backwards all day. What is boarding is a violent check where the player is PROPELLED into the boards, and it need not be from behind, though such checks generally result in more violent contact with the boards.

You can't seriously expect that a guy participating in the ATTACK on the other team's zone has some kind of RIGHT to free passage just because he is skating backwards. The defender has every right to body check him in a legal way, meaning without use of the stick or elbow.

In this case, Lucic fell somewhat sideways toward the boards, but contact was not violent. In my opinion it was not a penalty, but at worst it was two minutes.
I was about to answer the same thing, but no need now. Good job.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
I don't get how anyone can see this play and make any sort of justification that Lucic "turned into" the hit, or the Komisarek hit him from the side. I've seen both a number of times from Habs fans. I just watched the YT of this several times, and Lucic was skating backwards in the neutral zone, and got hit directly from behind by Komisarek. Lucic never turned - not one bit.

Think LOGICALLY. If Komisarek hit Lucic directly from behind as you say, then how was it he went towards the boards?? Because his back was toward the centre-ice faceoff circle, and his face was facing the boards. This is clear, and you MUST agree with it, since you say KOMI hit him directly from behind.

However, this is not compatible with skating backwards. If he was skating backwards, his back would have been toward the Habs' end zone, and his face facing his defenceman to see where the puck was. And guess what, that is also correct.

THEREFORE, and it is clear if you watch it, sometime just before he got hit, Lucic turned almost 90 degrees, from skating backwards before the turn to facing the boards after the turn (the puck had arrived and it was on Lucic's RIGHT not far from the boards. All of a sudden, Komisarek's planned hit was no longer from the inside but into Lucic's back. Still it was really not that violent, and Lucic did not hit the boards with impact. He was just surprised by the contact in my opinion. I don't think it merited a penalty, and it certainly wasn't "dirty", meaning warranting a major or a suspension.

Old
04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
You can only call Komisarek dirty if you think that hitting players automatically means you have to drop the gloves and fight. I don't think so.

It's like Lapierre. Everyone wants to fight the guy around the league for some inexpicable reason - he chirps too much I guess. Doesn't mean he has to fight though. Nothing dirty about talking trash to the other team.

If Lucic was pissed by Komisarek's hit, he should have tried to line him up for a hit on his next shift. But he didn't. He tried to jump him from behind when he was being hassled by another Bruin. Now that's dirty.
I can understand people wanting to beat the crap out of Avery. But yea when someone hit you, you take his number and you pay him back in spades later on in the game with a hit of your own. Lucic doesn't do that because he cannot hit to save his life. The guy is a bum.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

Hence why the refering was questionable that night. Bob did not dress Laraque and Stewart and said to his guys to not drop the gloves because his idea was that it was an absolutly important win and the idea was for the Bruins to take those penalties and the Habs scoring on the mutliple PPs. But Bob forgot to factor in the refs would do such a bad job. It seems to me when there's a fight and one guy doesn't drop his gloves, he should be spaired. But it did not happen. Same with the multiple assaults the Bruins did and I counted three or four times where the Bruins should have had a third man penalty.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:59 PM
NewGuy

Does anyone else get tired of all the complaints of dirty play? It's hockey and has always been dirty. Many of the legends of the game are celebrated for their mean and dirty play. It's a game where players armed with a stick are flying around at incredible speeds and launching themselves into other players. There are many dirty plays in every hockey game. That's not remarkable and shouldn't be dwelled upon. It's the dangerous plays that leave players seriously injured that should be focused on.

Is Komisarek dirty? You bet and he wouldn't be half the player he is if he didn't play like that.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote