HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kubina to Ottawa

Old
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
We aren't in a position to be moving any more first round picks

COUNTER PROPOSAL

Ilya Zubov and CLB 2nd for Pavel Kubina

This is a very fair deal. Zubov is a very talented prospect who is stuck on a crowded roster, he would easily make the Leafs next year and be a valuable contributer. The Columbus 2nd will be around the 40th pick and you could still nab a good prospect at that position.

What do Leafs fans think? Basically you downgrade from a first (probably a late first) to a good prospect and a 2nd
this is doable for ottawa from a cap situation and assets situation. Kubina's contract comes off the books after next season, but next season our defense would be the impressive combination of: Kuba-Kubina, Phillips-Volchenkov, Lee-Campoli, Smith. Schubert and Picard would be gone and Bell would either be gone or in Bingo.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
sensfan83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Foligno/2nd + 4th/3rd for MVR+5th?
Wow you really underrate Foligno. He's worth an early 1st round pick IMO. The kid is 20y/o and has put up 17G, 32Pts for the Sens in their worst offensive season in a decade. Since Clouston took over and implemented a more offensive system, he has 11G, 19pts in 33GP. He has the potential to be a 25G, 50pt scoring powerforward possibly as soon as next season. Wouldn't trade him straight up for either Van Ryn or Kubina.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Foligno/2nd + 4th/3rd for MVR+5th?
That is brutal from an Ottawa perspective

Call me a homer but I wouldn't consider trading Foligno straight up for MVR

Foligno will have 40+ points next season, 20+ goals with strong all-around play. MVR is a good defenseman but is injury prone and I don't think he is a big upgrade over a guy like Campoli. Foligno is a player who could be a captain in 5 years, he is the all-around package and is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:27 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
That is brutal from an Ottawa perspective

Call me a homer but I wouldn't consider trading Foligno straight up for MVR

Foligno will have 40+ points next season, 20+ goals with strong all-around play. MVR is a good defenseman but is injury prone and I don't think he is a big upgrade over a guy like Campoli. Foligno is a player who could be a captain in 5 years, he is the all-around package and is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential
I'd probably prefer the 2nd over Foligno anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I'm not really sold on Foligno, but I haven't seen him play much during his recent hot streak.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:08 PM
ClubSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I'd probably prefer the 2nd over Foligno anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I'm not really sold on Foligno, but I haven't seen him play much during his recent hot streak.
It's been a pretty long streak. His turnaround occurred when Clouston came in.

ClubSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 04:25 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Wow you really underrate Foligno. He's worth an early 1st round pick IMO. The kid is 20y/o and has put up 17G, 32Pts for the Sens in their worst offensive season in a decade. Since Clouston took over and implemented a more offensive system, he has 11G, 19pts in 33GP. He has the potential to be a 25G, 50pt scoring powerforward possibly as soon as next season. Wouldn't trade him straight up for either Van Ryn or Kubina.
I agree that Foligno and a 2nd is rich for MVR but to say Foligno is gonna be a power forward is an overstatement. He'll be a fine player and could put up 25 a year but he's not the kind of forward that becomes a power forward.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I agree that Foligno and a 2nd is rich for MVR but to say Foligno is gonna be a power forward is an overstatement. He'll be a fine player and could put up 25 a year but he's not the kind of forward that becomes a power forward.
He'll score 25-30 goals a season along with 200+ hits. Do all the fun stuff like crash the net too.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Thats a massive understatement

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 08:23 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
change the condition ... 2nd rounder instead.
So let me get his straight

Pavel Kubina for a bottom six player, a waste of space dman and a 2nd rounder?

I'll gladly hang onto Kubina for the time being.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
So let me get his straight

Pavel Kubina for a bottom six player, a waste of space dman and a 2nd rounder?

I'll gladly hang onto Kubina for the time being.
Agreed. Unfortunately Ottawa has very few roster players that are both value and in excess. Alex Auld is the only player we can part with and not feel the hurt too much, but he isn't going to get us a top player back.

Not sure Ottawa and Toronto can make a deal that would satisfy both teams at this time since were more or less in the same boat.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
I would do this. I don't think Kubina returns as much as we think this year.
Seriously? Looks like a bad trade for Toronto, to me at least.

Not a fan of the Foligno trade, MVR is a good defenseman, but the injuries scare me, and I think Foligno still has a lot of potential.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
SpezDispenser

I don't think Ottawa does this - and it's not because it's a bad proposal, but right now, there's no urgency to acquire a D-man who isn't a true number one. This doesn't belittle the fact that Kubina is a good, strong defender, but we need someone to play 22+ minutes with Kuba and hopefully solidify our D until the youngsters come in. Is Kubina that player? Possibly, but there should be a few guys available on the open market - perhaps someone with a smaller contract - perhaps we move a more valuable asset to acquire him.

Not sure Kubina's the guy.

Plus, Bass is a 550K replacement for Chris Neil.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadsweat View Post
I'm pretty brutal at making trade proposals but how about
To Ottawa-Pavel Kubina
To Toronto-Mike Fisher
Something along those lines?
This would cause a riot in Ottawa and Murray would be fired immediately.. so in a sense it's perfect for Fuhr..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote