HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

players have to clear waivers by wed to play in ahl

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Say Blackburn was in this situation with NJ. They waive him, you wouldnt take a chance on him if it meant loosing Strudwick?
But if you did that, we'd have 3 goalies on the NYR roster. One would get no playing time... bad situation. No, you'd have to waive Dunham or Weekes. Just like in the Waiver draft how you can protect a max of 2 goalies and 18 skaters.

Old
09-13-2004, 06:43 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
But if you did that, we'd have 3 goalies on the NYR roster. One would get no playing time... bad situation. No, you'd have to waive Dunham or Weekes. Just like in the Waiver draft how you can protect a max of 2 goalies and 18 skaters.
Ok, so your saying a team like NJ would rather have Schwab than Blackburn or like the Isles with Snow. Or like Carolina?

Old
09-13-2004, 07:33 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Yeah, that's where the confusion lies...if he is 21 now, is it the original 80 games that still apply, or is it now the 60 games that now apply. The CBA is not clear...
i know for a fact that it doesn't go by the players current age but rather the age he turned pro...the part that i'm confused about is whether it goes by the age the players signed or the year he made his nhl debut...

for example lundmark was signed to a pro contract at age 19, but didn't play in the nhl till 21...so does which age do you go by?

Old
09-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Ok, so your saying a team like NJ would rather have Schwab than Blackburn or like the Isles with Snow. Or like Carolina?
I'm not sure Snow is on the Isles anymore. The Devils don't have Schwab either. That does leave the fact that they each only have one goalie to proect.

I wasn't saying that I would rather have that, I was just telling you that it didn't work the way you said.

Old
09-13-2004, 08:23 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
I'm not sure Snow is on the Isles anymore. The Devils don't have Schwab either. That does leave the fact that they each only have one goalie to proect.

I wasn't saying that I would rather have that, I was just telling you that it didn't work the way you said.
you know what I mean.

Closed Thread