HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs-Bruins 1st Round prediction

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Habs in 4 16 3.45%
Habs in 5 15 3.23%
Habs in 6 129 27.80%
Habs in 7 72 15.52%
Bruins in 4 41 8.84%
Bruins in 5 119 25.65%
Bruins in 6 60 12.93%
Bruins in 7 12 2.59%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

vCash: 500
Bruins fan here,

I'm going to say B's in 5 or 6...leaning toward 6.

I expect nothing but a very hard fought series...

I think that if the Bruins play physical but remain disciplined, the Habs are no match for them 5 on 5. That's going to be the key...

And, while stats don't suggest it, I think that you're PP is superior to the Bruins and will be able to hurt them if lots of penalty's are taken (the B's PK looks great some nights and terrible others)....

Despite our differences as "rival fans" I think we can all hope for a good series where the best team wins

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Anybody saw the Florida-Washington highlights and saw Theo in net and still wish we'd face Boston???

People are craaaaaazy....
Shoot top corners against Thomas.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Habs in 6!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Sorry but I'm still wondering who the heck on our side will inflict them some injuries....As far as our team is concerned, well you are totally right.
Sheesh. Step back off the ledge or jump already. The B's are favoured, everyone knows this. But to be a fan of your team and think there is no way we can win is just ridiculous let alone to post that drivel on the Habs board 3 times in one thread.

Boston has a good team this year but the top 3 scorers on their team have played a combined 18 playoff games in their careers. Not to mention those guys (Kessel, Krejci and Savard) are smurfier than our guys. We KNOW Kovalev and Koivu can bring it in the playoffs because they've done it time and again. Our D will need to lean on their forwards (which Komi is great at) if the whistles are put away and if the whistles are out, we'll have so many bloody power plays against a twitchy emotional team like BOS that their 5vs5 advantage won't amount to much.

Habs in 6.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsPack

Quote:
Anybody saw the Florida-Washington highlights and saw Theo in net and still wish we'd face Boston???

Canadiens could beat Washington, they will not beat Boston. Why Gainey didn't pound it into the players heads before the game that it was MEANINGFUL is beyond me, except for Price no one showed up tonight.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScherbakAttack

Quote:

Theo is french canadian. He would, without a single doubt, steal a minimum of 2 games in the series.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Sorry but I'm still wondering who the heck on our side will inflict them some injuries....As far as our team is concerned, well you are totally right.
Excellent post. I was gonna post something similar but it's nice to see at least some Habs fans get it.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

We just need Markov

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
We just need Markov
according to P Boone we won't see Markov for a long while still.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Theo is french canadian. He would, without a single doubt, steal a minimum of 2 games in the series.
Nah. Only French Canadian BACKUPS do.....and he's not a backup....yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Despite our differences as "rival fans" I think we can all hope for a good series where the best team wins
Honestly, the only thing I would wish it's to see both fanbases be civil. Between each fanbase and even on everybody's respective GDT, I see too many ethnic remarks, or remarks about personal stuff on players that I don't think it's needed despite that clear hate for one another.

Though, my post won't mean anything and there will be stuff like that, I just wanted to say that so some people could "try" to be more civilized at the best of their ability.

Besides that, fanbases can do whatever they want. Even complain about the refs 'cause the game is played in Montreal 'cause that way I'll be able to get my stats about how it's a little true but not that much and so on....Just for the pleasure of having a little fun.....but in a civil manner....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-12-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:56 PM
momotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Canadiens could beat Washington, they will not beat Boston. Why Gainey didn't pound it into the players heads before the game that it was MEANINGFUL is beyond me, except for Price no one showed up tonight.
He didn't pound it into there heads because he essentially threw the game. Had he wanted the game he would have dressed the whole team in their proper lineup and played the 1st line all night long. Instead, he rested the top guys, played the 3rd and 4th lines most of the night and let BGL and friends have some ice time. U think that sends a signal to the team, "lets win this game"? It was a rest them/experiment with the lines night. He wants Boston. He saw something that game and he's not telling.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:56 PM
les3couleurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotan View Post
I have seen enough bruins-habs series to know that where they finished and how they played during the season means squat. If that was the best the Bruins could offer on thursday night, and it sure seemed like it, then the habs can take them out. I think BG knows that and is why he essentially threw the game tonight by resting the top guys and playing the 3rd and 4th line all night. I don't even think it will be long. Habs stun them in 5 with a split in boston and a sweep at home to finish them off in OT in Boston. This team has seriously underperformed this year, and the Bruins have had a dream season like last year's Habs. If they play to their talent level, they should take care of them.
Are you kidding ? Thomas has been very good most of the season and sucked during the second on Thursday. If he plays as he can and has this year, we're toast. Seriously, the optimism baffles me. The Bruins took themselves out of the game. Right now, they're a better team with the puck than us and have their monster player on D.

They are better at every position at every level in the lineup, if they play anywhere close to their potential we have no chance. I think the PP success of Thursday was a blip on the radar, put pressure on Schneider and he won't be able to do anything as Pittsburgh demonstrated.

Price is way too inconsistent to have any hope. He's often not ready when the game starts. There are way too many holes in this lineup. Come on, take off the blinds people and see the light, this team is not that good. It's the worst team in the second half to make the playoffs to think we can just switch it on is ridiculous.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:59 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by les3couleurs View Post
Are you kidding ? Thomas has been very good most of the season and sucked during the second on Thursday. If he plays as he can and has this year, we're toast. Seriously, the optimism baffles me. The Bruins took themselves out of the game. Right now, they're a better team with the puck than us and have their monster player on D.

They are better at every position at every level in the lineup, if they play anywhere close to their potential we have no chance. I think the PP success of Thursday was a blip on the radar, put pressure on Schneider and he won't be able to do anything as Pittsburgh demonstrated.

Price is way too inconsistent to have any hope. He's often not ready when the game starts. There are way too many holes in this lineup. Come on, take off the blinds people and see the light, this team is not that good. It's the worst team in the second half to make the playoffs to think we can just switch it on is ridiculous.
Just like we were last year, doesn't mean **** !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
For the 4th time in the last 7 years....Crazy.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Sheesh. Step back off the ledge or jump already. The B's are favoured, everyone knows this. But to be a fan of your team and think there is no way we can win is just ridiculous let alone to post that drivel on the Habs board 3 times in one thread.

Boston has a good team this year but the top 3 scorers on their team have played a combined 18 playoff games in their careers. Not to mention those guys (Kessel, Krejci and Savard) are smurfier than our guys. We KNOW Kovalev and Koivu can bring it in the playoffs because they've done it time and again. Our D will need to lean on their forwards (which Komi is great at) if the whistles are put away and if the whistles are out, we'll have so many bloody power plays against a twitchy emotional team like BOS that their 5vs5 advantage won't amount to much.

Habs in 6.
And I thought that being a fan was to still have opinions that might not go the way you would want it to go. Who says that Boston will be undisciplined? How about playing hard without getting penalties? By the way, the quote your responded to was about which players on our side had the ability to injure other players from other teams. And the answer is nobody. Now that this is settled, as far as winning games are concerned, I just don't see it. I don't have the utmost confidence in Carey yet. I don't have confidence that Pleks will upgrade his game, nor do I think that there's enough depth up front and on D, especially if Markov isn't there, to go through that Boston team who, compared to last year, has THEIR Markov in full health, has way more confidence as a team and against us and who is just a better team in itself.

I believe that any bad team can beat a great team any given night.....but not win 4 games. I wish as hell that I'm wrong, that's what being a fan REALLY is. Despite any predictions that goes against your team, that you prefer being wrong and see your team win, instead of hoping you're right just to say that you were. I know a couple of posters like that, I know I'm not one of them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Good post, I agree with it. We got to OT the other night and the only reason we lost was a stupid mistake by Lapierre, after they already had clinched. Tonight, we were resting pretty much so no, I don't mind that we get destroyed.

A week ago when we were on fire, everyone would of said we will own the Bruins. It's funny how a couple of losses change everything for our fans.
Personally... I feel the Habs have been getting edged, not dominated

A little timely luck will be needed

(and Markov by game 3)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Personally... I feel the Habs have been getting edged, not dominated
A little timely luck will be needed

(and Markov by game 3)
Agreed. This is off the top of my head so correct me if I'm wrong.
Against the Bruins this year, there were 2 games that went to shootouts, we won one and lost one.
There was the one where A. Kostitsyn got the "boarding" major and they scored on that 4 min PP to win
Then the one we lost Lang and Latendresse and I believe that was lost by 1 goal.
Of course there was a blow out or two but it has been pretty close this year.

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Why Gainey didn't pound it into the players heads before the game that it was MEANINGFUL is beyond me, except for Price no one showed up tonight.
1. They wouldn't be able to handle it, the little darlings.
2. Gainey knows there's always next season. Don't worry, be happy.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Sonik

Bruins in 7, with a blackout delaying game 5 after Chara walks right into power lines outside TD banknorth Garden.

Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Montreal in 6.

We will steal one on the road without Markov and finish the series 3-1 after he returns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Gary320

As long as it goes to game 6. (I've got tickets)

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Krautso

Quote:
And I thought that being a fan was to still have opinions that might not go the way you would want it to go. Who says that Boston will be undisciplined? How about playing hard without getting penalties? By the way, the quote your responded to was about which players on our side had the ability to injure other players from other teams. And the answer is nobody. Now that this is settled, as far as winning games are concerned, I just don't see it. I don't have the utmost confidence in Carey yet. I don't have confidence that Pleks will upgrade his game, nor do I think that there's enough depth up front and on D, especially if Markov isn't there, to go through that Boston team who, compared to last year, has THEIR Markov in full health, has way more confidence as a team and against us and who is just a better team in itself.

I believe that any bad team can beat a great team any given night.....but not win 4 games. I wish as hell that I'm wrong, that's what being a fan REALLY is. Despite any predictions that goes against your team, that you prefer being wrong and see your team win, instead of hoping you're right just to say that you were. I know a couple of posters like that, I know I'm not one of them.
I'm not so much questioning how much of a fan you are as questioning why you feel the need to post negatively so often in this thread before the puck has been dropped. Seeding aside, if you told me at the beginning of the year that MTL would face BOS in the first round, I wouldn't have been surprised. Did I expect the comedy of errors and string of injuries that lead MTL to the 8th seed...not really. Did I expect BOS to tear through the conference en route to a near presidents trophy season....not a chance. At the end of the day though, we saw these lineups go at it last year in the playoffs and it was a war. The seedings didn't matter then and they don't matter now. Boston is favoured and they deserve to be but the Habs can beat this team. They did it last year.

I'm not looking for other posters to have opinions that exactly mirror my own but if I'm on a Habs board and all I see are negative posts it should be the end of the bloody playoffs and not the beginning.

Go Habs

p.s. I realize I quoted the wrong post but it was you I meant to quote given your post history in this thread. No offense intended as you're not the only one its more just a comment on the bi-polar nature of our boards right now.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Mustafa*

Habs win in Five, but all habs fan get banned from evey forums except the Habs forum and Bruins fans got a free pass at trolling.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Bruins in 5. With or without Markov.
LMAO. So typical.

Without Markov, the Ruins won in OT, a game they should've won in an easy fashion. I am sure the Bruins players are pumped, and at the same time, I am sure they have huge doubts in their minds. They know they had a tough time beating us, and that was without Markov, and they know his worth. Oh yeah, the Habs were battling for a playoff spot, but to see how the Ruins came out in that game, they were hungry, they weren't playing under their abilities. And the most important part, Thomas now has doubt too.

As always, grass greener an'all that chite.

PS: the "they can win one night, but not 4" thin argument is becoming very weak. Do I need to post the stats of how many times it has happened to show you how wrong that argument is?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Ross MacLochness

I'd have a lot more hope for this series if Plekanec wasn't playing like such a ****ing ****** right now. The guy is so small and weak he spends 75% of his shifts losing battles in his own zone. He's holding on to the puck to long, and never, ever wins a powerplay faceoff. I want the real Plekanec back along with a healthy Markov and I think we have a chance.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote