HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - Phi

Old
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
twenty2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
christ, fine keep all your players. the way you go on about them you'd think the flyers were a lock for the Cup. except they're not. far from it, in fact. I'd pick at least 3-4 teams before I put my money on philly. and if you forgot, that is pretty much the point of it all: old mr. stanley. homerism has reached new highs on these boards

How about Doughty for Carle and Jones? You guys certainly aren't a lock to win the cup so if you don't take that deal you're just being a homer who loves his players far too much.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:12 AM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
christ, fine keep all your players. the way you go on about them you'd think the flyers were a lock for the Cup. except they're not. far from it, in fact. I'd pick at least 3-4 teams before I put my money on philly. and if you forgot, that is pretty much the point of it all: old mr. stanley. homerism has reached new highs on these boards

"The peace talks collapsed when the dogs insisted the sandbox had to go out in the hall."

Ahh well, I think we had already reached an impasse once even Lupul was taken off the table.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:13 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Philly and LA don't make good trading partners unless Philly needs to dump the contract of a player LA can really use like a Gagne. Hartnell is a 2nd line player and we already have Stoll, Brown, Williams and others that are kinda unproven on a 1st line and probably too good for a 2nd like like Frolov and Kopitar. And we have a lot of nice young players like Simmonds, Moller, Richardson and to lesser extent Purcell and Boyle, who are ready to step in to 2nd line roles.

We don't need to drop our valuable asset, a pick which might potentially net us a future 1st liner, for yet another 2nd liner. Basically the Kings already can roll 2x 2nd lines. If we trade this pick, it better either get us an even higher pick to get a better, more NHL-ready prospect like potentially MSP or it better get us a legit 1st line player in a package.

- R
Hartnell is ready to break into a 1st line winger position. He'll never be considered an all-star. You do realize his 30 goals ties him for 31st in the league and with Det having 3 players in the top 30 and 8 teams with 2 in the top 30 that means Hartnell would be the leading goal scorer on 10 teams in the league. He also has 60 points tying him for 55th in the league and even without teams having multiple players in the top 60 he'd be the 2nd best point producer on probably half the teams in the league. If you're considering him only a 2nd line player then I'd hate to see what you call the player on the top lines of those other 10 teams in the league that NONE of them are as good as Hartnell. Harnell - Carter - Lupul has been the Flyers best line this year and is actually their #1 line. You do realize they have produced 100 goals this season right??? I'd hate to see what you expect out of a 1st line unit if you don't consider 100 goals a true #1 line. I'd be willing to bet there arent 5 other lines in the league who have a combined 100 goals or more.

If you want to be truthful here both Hartnell and Lupul have been playing on the Flyers top line all season long and both have been producing well. You can argue against this all you want but the fact remains that if you actually follow the Flyers and know anything at all about them then you'd know that Hartnell - Carter - Lupul has been their #1 the entire season. That's the facts fella's.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i'm still on the boat for just trading players like lupul/carle/jones. i'd love to get my hands on valabik in atlanta and harding in minnesota among others. of course, first rounders are always welcome too

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:11 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hartnell is ready to break into a 1st line winger position. He'll never be considered an all-star. You do realize his 30 goals ties him for 31st in the league and with Det having 3 players in the top 30 and 8 teams with 2 in the top 30 that means Hartnell would be the leading goal scorer on 10 teams in the league. He also has 60 points tying him for 55th in the league and even without teams having multiple players in the top 60 he'd be the 2nd best point producer on probably half the teams in the league. If you're considering him only a 2nd line player then I'd hate to see what you call the player on the top lines of those other 10 teams in the league that NONE of them are as good as Hartnell. Harnell - Carter - Lupul has been the Flyers best line this year and is actually their #1 line. You do realize they have produced 100 goals this season right??? I'd hate to see what you expect out of a 1st line unit if you don't consider 100 goals a true #1 line. I'd be willing to bet there arent 5 other lines in the league who have a combined 100 goals or more.

If you want to be truthful here both Hartnell and Lupul have been playing on the Flyers top line all season long and both have been producing well. You can argue against this all you want but the fact remains that if you actually follow the Flyers and know anything at all about them then you'd know that Hartnell - Carter - Lupul has been their #1 the entire season. That's the facts fella's.
This may all be true, but the fact remains that the Flyers are going to have cap problems next season or the season after that. Interest in Briere is going to be minimal unless you are giving him away, and the interest in Lupul won't be that much more considering he is somewhat overpaid.

The Flyers may be able to deal one of those two, but there aren't many teams that can take on their salaries, so don't expect much in return.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
AK

Hartnell's a good player to have, but he's not worth giving up a shot at Evander Kane or Brayden Schenn.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This may all be true, but the fact remains that the Flyers are going to have cap problems next season or the season after that. Interest in Briere is going to be minimal unless you are giving him away, and the interest in Lupul won't be that much more considering he is somewhat overpaid.

The Flyers may be able to deal one of those two, but there aren't many teams that can take on their salaries, so don't expect much in return.
Does nobody listen? Flyers say goodbye to Carle and goodbye to Jones, say goodbye to cap problems the season after next when re-signing Parent and Coburn. Carle and Jones can be replaced especially Sbisa and someone else we can pick up with Carle's cap hit.

This coming offseason there really isn't much in the way of contract issues so yeah.

Last edited by twenty2: 04-09-2009 at 01:15 PM.
twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Hartnell, 3rd line player? 30 goals, 60 points....3rd line numbers? maybe watch some games before you call him a 3rd liner

put him with Kopitar and...
Don't bother with Kurrilino, he does that sometimes.

I'd like to see that deal as a Kings fan. Hartnell would be instant gratification on our offense and that 20th pick could be used to draft the most NHL-ready forward available to be developed along with Simmonds, Moller, Purcell, and Boyle.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Does nobody listen? Flyers say goodbye to Carle and goodbye to Jones, say goodbye to cap problems the season after next when re-signing Parent and Coburn. Carle and Jones can be replaced especially Sbisa and someone else we can pick up with Carle's cap hit.

This coming offseason there really isn't much in the way of contract issues so yeah.
Yeah, and if that doesn't work you can always put a couple more players on long term IR.

Old
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Yeah, and if that doesn't work you can always put a couple more players on long term IR.
What are you trying to say, that Hatcher and Rathje could/should be playing right now? Cause that would be funny as all.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

I didn't say Hartnell is trash; I said Hartnell is REDUNDANT. We also have a lot of 2nd liners who we roll on our first line. For example, I don't think anyone here would be ok with giving up a Kopitar or Frolov-like player for Hartnell straight up. Even Williams may be more valuable. We need a BETTER forward than all of those mentioned above for our best tradable assets.

The line you mentioned above, it works because of Carter. Heck, I would take Mike Richards, who according to you is not on your first line, before I would take Lupul or Hartnell. I would take Malkin from Pitt before I would take either of Crosby's wings. Just because they play on some team's first line, doesn't mean they are a first line player. We say the term "first line player" meaning a level of talent so high that they could play on almost any team's first line, like Malkin, who may be a second line center at times but has the world class talent to be the first line center for any team.

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:09 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
I go to Reign games all the time. Zatkoff is amazing at the ECHL level, I just dont know if I trust him yet. Ive seen him 'stand on his head' and let in the worst of goals on many occasions. His puck handling needs quite a bit of work too. He fumbles alot and then saves his own ass. Hes good though. Id take him.

So LA, what would you give us for Lupul.
Zatkoff and a 2nd for Lupol?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 06:17 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
What are you trying to say, that Hatcher and Rathje could/should be playing right now? Cause that would be funny as all.
No, I'm saying that it was awfully convenient for the Flyers to have up to 5 players on long term IR this season.

Old
04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post

In order for the Flyers to say goodbye to Jones and Carle, someone else has to be willing to say hello. Carle's contract is rather pricey for a guy with question marks, but I'll assume you can find a taker for him. OTOH I can't think of 1 team that would have interest in Jones.

Think of it this way: if there's a player you don't really want, not many other teams want him either.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
No, I'm saying that it was awfully convenient for the Flyers to have up to 5 players on long term IR this season.
rathje is done; his back is in shambles.
same for hatcher, his knees are shot.
briere had a recurring injury.

as far as i'm aware, the people the flyers put on LTIR are justified. you think the league wouldn't notice if we kept hiding contracts on LTIR? LTIR exists for the sole reason of protecting teams that have long term injuries like the flyers.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
So.... you wanna provide a strong team with a top 5 pick... a great future Goalie and another pick
for a 3rd liner and a pick in the 20th ????????

Serious... Zattkoff is betther than most people here know. May watch some games before put him in trade props
Yes but then again the Kings have waaay to many young goalies..
Where will Zatkoff fit? You got Ersberg, Quick, Bernier, and maybe Daniel Taylor.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:03 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Zatkoff and a 2nd for Lupol?
Done. I'd be happy with just a 2nd for Lupul.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:23 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
He has more value than just a second in my opinion. Most fans will be happy with getting a second for clearing cap space but I'm sure the Flyers will get close to fair value for a guy that is relatively young and can score 25 goals.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Id do a second for Lupul. What line is he on in Philly??

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Id do a second for Lupul. What line is he on in Philly??
He's on a line with Carter and Hartnell, which supposedly is our second line, but has looked more like a 1st line for most of the season.

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote