HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you expect another riot?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Spectaculard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Do you expect another riot?

If we manage to win round 1? Last year we were 1st seed, they were 8 and still people went insane. What happens if we win this year?? Will the city go the strict route and block off streets this time?

Its weird cause unless im off, I don't remember there being anything like that in 02 and 04.

Old
04-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Sebaldian

No..

Old
04-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Maximus Taylor

not really but stranger things have happened.

Old
04-12-2009, 12:48 AM
TomPlex

Holy **** are you kidding me? If we manage to win against these Bruins all of downtown will be set ablaze!

Old
04-12-2009, 01:31 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
If we manage to win round 1? Last year we were 1st seed, they were 8 and still people went insane. What happens if we win this year?? Will the city go the strict route and block off streets this time?

Its weird cause unless im off, I don't remember there being anything like that in 02 and 04.
You mean like that **** that happened after the game that had nothing to do with the Habs or the real Habs fans done by ****** punks that only wanted to do **** and used the people celebrating in the street as excuse?

Old
04-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Prudentius

All the hype around hockey that year was incredible. You could feel the pressure mounting up during the series and even prior to it. You'd knew there was going to be a riot because it was Boston.

This year the hype isn't nearly the same and really if we win it's not going to be a big deal. We aren't on our "way" to the cup this year. Last year you could feel it. People thought it was going to be our year.

I'd be very surprised if a riot happened, and beside, the police will be a lot more prepared this year.

Although I wouldn't rule out small scale fighting in the stand or things as such. There will probably be a few more Boston fan this year compared with last year. But overall I don't think there's going to be one.

I do hope they close a square off though and let people celebrate as long as they want. That's how the riot happened last year. Police were trying to push people around at 11:00 pm because they didn't want to have drivers trapped in the traffic. That's when it escalated. Should just close off a huge square and let people celebrate there.

Old
04-12-2009, 01:42 AM
suprez

Who care ... We're just a bunch of chimpanzee that care too much about our image.With the stereotypical manner we adopt in presence of other human being.

Sometime i feel like running in the street naked and screaming like a frigging maniac ..Jumping etc...

Gosh it's feel so good.

Each years i go in a forest only for that.i run naked and scream like a (criss de malade)
I need to evacuate all that stress i acumulate during all the frigging years.

But no i don't riot.I don't destroy what's not mine.I'm not trying to be a jackass

I JUST WANT TO EVACUATE THE BAD IN ME!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes i'm CRAZY

Old
04-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
You mean like that **** that happened after the game that had nothing to do with the Habs or the real Habs fans done by ****** punks that only wanted to do **** and used the people celebrating in the street as excuse?
I never said those people were habs fans.

Old
04-12-2009, 08:01 AM
lxzred

I remember hearing something about a Wu Tang Clan show where the main performers didn't show up and it was actually the disappointed fans from that event that started the riot, but that "rumor" was quickly forgotten.
And yes, I believe the police will go the strict route this year.
I'm not sure who likes riots more in Quebec, the people or the riot squad.

Old
04-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Doc McKenna

It's simple, no one carries molatov cocktails with them to an "event".
If we beat the bruins you can expect some shinanigans but it's unlikely to be cop cars or many broken windows.

Old
04-12-2009, 08:35 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post

There was no riot last year and that is well documented. It was a premeditated act of vandalism targeting police vehicules that would have happened if we won or lost. They used the large crowd as a distraction and cover to commit their vandalism. It was the same group that earlier in the year had set fire to cop cars in the parking lot of a police station in the east end.

So to answer your question: NO there won't be any rioting like last year because there was no riot last year. There was a major crime committed but no riot related to the Habs winning their round.

Old
04-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Holy **** are you kidding me? If we manage to win against these Bruins all of downtown will be set ablaze!
could very well happen

Old
04-12-2009, 09:01 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
There was no riot last year and that is well documented. It was a premeditated act of vandalism targeting police vehicules that would have happened if we won or lost. They used the large crowd as a distraction and cover to commit their vandalism. It was the same group that earlier in the year had set fire to cop cars in the parking lot of a police station in the east end.

So to answer your question: NO there won't be any rioting like last year because there was no riot last year. There was a major crime committed but no riot related to the Habs winning their round.
Exactly.

But for some reason nobody seems to understand this.

waffledave
Old
04-12-2009, 09:40 AM
slocheauska

No riots this year year, but certainly a "premeditated act of vandalism targeting police vehicules" again. People loves hockey.

Old
04-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Exactly.

But for some reason nobody seems to understand this.
Not at all. And I suspect you were probably there celebrating when it broke out but your disconnected from reality. One guy with too much beer in starts troubles and the mob mentality will kick in. I've seen on several occasions people by the Centre Bell just coming out of the arena after game 7 rushing with excitement the street because they could see smokes rising, thinking a riot was going on, when it was just people being idiots with their cars. A lot of habs fan were drunk, taking "clichés" with cops cars burning behind them. If you think this is some organized militia with a clear political goal, lol at you.

There's cops haters everywhere, including habs fans. Whether you want it or not.

It doesn't mean they were all habs fan, but what your saying is like saying hooligans aren't legitimate soccer fans. Sorry, but they are, whether you like it or not. Whether these people are violent or not. You're not god and you don't choose who your around with or who decide to associate with your club. Being violent doesn't automatically disqualify you from being one of the biggest supporter or fan of your team.

This being said, I hope there's not another riot, but for some reason I don't see the same hype this year. I don't think it will happens, maybe a few scuffles between fans but that's it.

Last edited by Prudentius: 04-12-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old
04-12-2009, 11:09 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Not at all. And I suspect you were probably there celebrating when it broke out but your disconnected from reality. One guy with too much beer in starts troubles and the mob mentality will kick in. I've seen on several occasions people by the Centre Bell just coming out of the arena after game 7 rushing with excitement the street because they could see smokes rising, thinking a riot was going on, when it was just people being idiots with their cars. A lot of habs fan were drunk, taking "clichés" with cops cars burning behind them. If you think this is some organized militia with a clear political goal, lol at you.

There's cops haters everywhere, including habs fans. Whether you want it or not.

It doesn't mean they were all habs fan, but what your saying is like saying hooligans aren't legitimate soccer fans. Sorry, but they are, whether you like it or not. Whether these people are violent or not. You're not god and you don't choose who your around with or who decide to associate with your club. Being violent doesn't automatically disqualify you from being one of the biggest supporter or fan of your team.

This being said, I hope there's not another riot, but for some reason I don't see the same hype this year. I don't think it will happens, maybe a few scuffles between fans but that's it.
LOL at your ridiculous take on this so called riot. Why would you even post if you know nothing about what happened? It wasn't we the fans that said it was a well orchestrated crime it was the cops themselves in the following days. Where were you that you didn't follow the story closely enough to understand that everything you wrote in your post was fiction?

Just so you understand clearly: the police issued a statement the days following the event reporting and confirming that it was NOT a riot but a crime of vandalism targeting the police cars and police themselves using the playoff game as a cover to execute their crime. How do you relate a criminal act to a riot by fans?

Hypothetically, let's make the case a terrorist sets off bombs to coincide with game 7 of the MLB ALCS or any other sporting event where thousands of people would hit the streets at the same time providing cover, distraction, chaos and a means to be invisible and escape. Say this happened in Boston for example. Would it be fair to label Bruin fans as rioters when it had absolutely nothing to do with a riot but was a carefully executed criminal act?

Get your facts straight before you post. There was no riot and there will not be any riots this year either.

Old
04-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Mustafa*

There will be so much cops downtown, you will feel you're in Montréal Nord.

Old
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
emb24*

the waffler is correct, even though his higgins prediction wasn't.

several i have to say non habfans used the celebration as pretext to start

mashing police cars. that being said there were some in their hab jerseys looting.

i suspect as mentioned, there will be a heavy police presence if there is any clinching victory on our part in boston or here...

and yes i do think it could be possible again...especially after that kid was shot and killed by cops in Henri bourassa park- like 9 months ago?

Old
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
C4KOMI

You can't have a riot after you lose,
or could you

Old
04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
#2eddieshore

there was police on the streets after the pens game.

i saw police horses downtown and police stood outside the bell centre.

Old
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Kebekoi

If there's a gangsta show at the same time, you could be sure the faux-blacks will do everything to stir up some ****.

"Peace yo!"

Old
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
If there's a gangsta show at the same time, you could be sure the faux-blacks will do everything to stir up some ****.

"Peace yo!"
this.

cops will be all over the place anyway...they learned their lesson from last year

Old
04-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
All the hype around hockey that year was incredible. You could feel the pressure mounting up during the series and even prior to it. You'd knew there was going to be a riot because it was Boston.

This year the hype isn't nearly the same and really if we win it's not going to be a big deal. We aren't on our "way" to the cup this year. Last year you could feel it. People thought it was going to be our year.

I'd be very surprised if a riot happened, and beside, the police will be a lot more prepared this year.

Although I wouldn't rule out small scale fighting in the stand or things as such. There will probably be a few more Boston fan this year compared with last year. But overall I don't think there's going to be one.

I do hope they close a square off though and let people celebrate as long as they want. That's how the riot happened last year. Police were trying to push people around at 11:00 pm because they didn't want to have drivers trapped in the traffic. That's when it escalated. Should just close off a huge square and let people celebrate there.
yeah.. Habs flags are almost invisibles this year...

The fans and players emotionally peeked at the same time.

But it's true, it was a planned act of vandalism.

Most of the Habs fans with sweaters were probably coming out from bars and not the Bell center anyway. It started more then 1 hour after the game.

Old
04-12-2009, 07:48 PM
airlouche

God I hope not... We (Montreal) look so stupid.

Old
04-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
LOL at your ridiculous take on this so called riot. Why would you even post if you know nothing about what happened? It wasn't we the fans that said it was a well orchestrated crime it was the cops themselves in the following days. Where were you that you didn't follow the story closely enough to understand that everything you wrote in your post was fiction?

Just so you understand clearly: the police issued a statement the days following the event reporting and confirming that it was NOT a riot but a crime of vandalism targeting the police cars and police themselves using the playoff game as a cover to execute their crime. How do you relate a criminal act to a riot by fans?

Hypothetically, let's make the case a terrorist sets off bombs to coincide with game 7 of the MLB ALCS or any other sporting event where thousands of people would hit the streets at the same time providing cover, distraction, chaos and a means to be invisible and escape. Say this happened in Boston for example. Would it be fair to label Bruin fans as rioters when it had absolutely nothing to do with a riot but was a carefully executed criminal act?

Get your facts straight before you post. There was no riot and there will not be any riots this year either.
Yes, the police also tell anarchists are troubles makers yet their own policemen in undercover get caught on camera starting trouble and faking their arrest to escape the crowd when they are told to go away.

It's like any other agency, the government, the CIA, or anybody else. We all lie when we're about to look bad. It looks a lot better to blame it on factors outside our control.

High five for your naivety.

Closed Thread