HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Czech Republic VS Canada.....

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
Czech Republic VS Canada.....

Anybody else see this game? In my opinion it was the best game of the tourney and really showed what hockey is and could be all about. Speed, hitting, great goaltending and skill on display. Man did the Czechs control the end of that game but Canada capitalized on the few chances, or should I say chance, they got.

Old
09-12-2004, 01:07 AM
BwayBshirt

agreed...

of course thanks to the magical network geniuses who operate espn2 i didn't get to see the short but exciting overtime period and instead was forced to watch a college football game between 2 teams who i don't give a rat's ass about this season.

on top of that, the update on the original espn showed at first that the czech republic, not canada, had scored the goal in ot...so forgive me for being a bit confused when they finally showed the highlight of the game on espn 2 during mississippi-alabama (which btw literally took about 10 minutes after the game had ended i imagine) and i noticed it started in the offensive zone for canada...

p.s.- i give props to all 3 of our rangers who were around the world cup...

jagr for playing hard, playing through pain, and trying to play defense all in a tournament he wasn't thrilled to be participating in

kasparaitis for playing very well and being the kaspar we all love to see when he's on his game

and lundqvist for...well...umm...being the most popular goaltender in sweden even though he didn't even dress

Old
09-12-2004, 01:46 AM
NYR2

Totally wanted the Czech's to win. I'll just go play that game on PS and change the ending to my liking lol.

Old
09-12-2004, 08:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Very enjoyable game.

Pang makes me wanna puke, though. Just to paraphrase: "Jagr comments about not wanting to play in international tournaments anymore is very damaging to hockey" (or some such nonsense).

HEY PANG, forget about the lockout??? I think that might be slightly more damaging to hockey.

After watching the way Jagr was basically gang-tackled all game, I don't blame him one bit.

EDIT: I was pretty looped when I watched the game. If it wasn't Pang who said it, please delete my post (Singin', Melrose or Draft Guru)

Last edited by klingsor: 09-12-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old
09-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
agreed...

of course thanks to the magical network geniuses who operate espn2 i didn't get to see the short but exciting overtime period and instead was forced to watch a college football game between 2 teams who i don't give a rat's ass about this season.
I saw OT. Are you on DirecTV?

Amazing hockey game. I would have liked to have seen a replay of the goal in OT. Did seem like Vokoun got a lot of help from his defesemen.

Old
09-12-2004, 06:16 PM
little a from da bx

i was 100% for the czechs , considering thats what my mothers side( parents are czech) is the reason why they had my vote to win.

the game was absolutley great, fast paced, hitting, scoring opportunities and scoring kept the game at a fast pace, i mean if every NHL game was like that one i dont see how people can think baseball, basketball or any other sport is more exciting. they must get rid of the trap it is killing the speed and scoring opportunities of the game.

wish every game in the nhl was like that one.

Old
09-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Edge

it also highlights how good talent can be with other talent and not guys who 15 years ago would be riding a bus in the minors.

Old
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I saw OT. Are you on DirecTV?

Amazing hockey game. I would have liked to have seen a replay of the goal in OT. Did seem like Vokoun got a lot of help from his defesemen.
nope, i'm stuck in the stone-age known as basic cable, i apologize because i should have prefaced that in my first reply.

Old
09-13-2004, 07:29 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
nope, i'm stuck in the stone-age known as basic cable, i apologize because i should have prefaced that in my first reply.
It must of have been a regional thing. Up in the Northeast (at least where I am) they mentioned going to the Alabama game and I was pissed but then they turned around and said the intermission report was up next. They then showed the OT before going to the Football game.

Oh and it was very comforting to see Jagr and Kaspar look good out there.

Old
09-13-2004, 06:35 PM
JJ68NYR

I think we should all be for the Czechs becasue Jagr is our representative and a great one too.

Old
09-14-2004, 01:19 AM
trowa

great game...although I missed th OT due to ESPN incompetence.

watching Zidlicky play in this tournament just made me want to cry.

Closed Thread