HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-09 - Kings Manchester Monarchs (AHL) Update Thread

Old
04-10-2009, 09:15 PM
riznat

vCash: 500
For those watching on NHL Network, how does Hickey look?

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
For those watching on NHL Network, how does Hickey look?
he's solid. Him and Voynov are looking interesting, like the 'Narchs best defenseman *along with Piskula*

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Fangio

Forwards - Lewis and Cliche have real potential in this organization. Both are 2-way, decent size and solid skaters. They were out there in key defensive situations. I see Lewis being in Handzus' spot down the line.

Defence - Voynov was the best of the bunch. Plays a mature game, knows how to handle a puck, good first pass, a couple years younger than Hickey. And speaking of Hickey, kind of quiet tonight. He does jump into the play on occasion. I'm not a big fan of his to be brutally honest.

Bernier did his job, looked pretty good actually. Made a few big saves, especially one at the end of the 2nd period with a glove save. It's going to be a real battle in training camp next season.

Fangio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
TKFAN

Monarchs win 3 - 1 tonight but Portland beat Providence.

First time in franchise history, no playoffs for the Monarchs this year

Hopefully Deano doesn't see the need to blame Morris and fire him.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Watching the game... Moulson is playing terribly...

Bernier has looked solid, though I only started watching in the 3rd period

Powerplay coming up

edit - oh and Preissing has looked pretty bad as well
I didn't really think Preissing was bad at all, neither was Moulson for that matter. Interesting note, as soon as they announced that Portland had won (effectively eliminating the narchs) at the arena, Moulson answered right off the faceoff with a goal. So instead of letting down after finding out the bad news they responded by increasing their lead. Moulson also had a really nice assist on Lewis's shorthanded goal as he was patient and slid it under the defenders stick on a two-on-one right to Lewis who tapped it in.

Hickey was a little quiet, played a fairly solid defensive game, almost turned the puck over on the blueline while on the powerplay but recovered and got it over to Voynov. He took some hits from some big sharks players without coughing up the puck and drove to the net looking for offensive rebounds a couple times. Altogether played as good as any player could without generating any scoring chances.

This was my first real look at Voynov (outside crappy internet streams of wjc games), and I was impressed. Solid in his own zone, and a great partner for Hickey.

The goal Bernier gave up was on a deflection on the PP, so no real fault to him. Had only really one big save, but a couple of other good ones. His only hick-up came when he tried to save a quick shot standing up and it dropped to his side and he lost sight of it, it was quickly cleared by Voynov though.

Lewis looked pretty strong on the puck, him and Moulson were the best forwards tonight.

Parse had a nice finish on his goal, 3-on-1 for the Monarchs. Parse took a shot, got his own rebound and put it around the shark goalie.

Westgarth was a little dissapointing, two relatively stupid penalties (Ivanans reminiscent) and not very much enforcing.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:05 PM
northernKing

Andrew Campbell looked pretty good to me. Nice reach and defensive coverage.
Lewis should replace Armstrong as 4th line center next season
Bernier was good.
Hickey was okay

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Biscuit in da Basket

Funny you should mention Campbell, just won his jersey in the Monarchs "Shirt of the Back" promotion last night. My 9 year old was so excited to be on the ice!!

Biscuit in da Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 10:42 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit in da Basket View Post
Funny you should mention Campbell, just won his jersey in the Monarchs "Shirt of the Back" promotion last night. My 9 year old was so excited to be on the ice!!
That's awesome. Congrats on that!

With that, this thread will be un-stuck as the Monarchs season has come to an end. Thanks to everyone for contributing info on the team and updates on progress throughout the season.

- T

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

So Trevor Lewis steps up his game and ends the season with 20 goals AND Thomas Hickey steps right in and puts up 7 points in 7 games.

Captain Ron continues to bat 1.000!

Thrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
So Trevor Lewis steps up his game and ends the season with 20 goals AND Thomas Hickey steps right in and puts up 7 points in 7 games.

Captain Ron continues to bat 1.000!
Wow.......scoring 20 goals in the AHL for Lewis and Hickey picking up 7 points at the end of the season.......you sure proved me wrong.

When these guys actually start producing numbers like this at the NHL level I will gladly eat a huge dish of crow.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote