Davin Heintz Opinions...

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Davin Heintz Opinions...

I am curious about Flames fans' opinions of this prospect. He underacheived offensively in the WHL but the potential to be a Chris Simon type impact player seems to be there from what I have seen.

Random Questions:

1) How has he looked in camp?

2) What are his strengths/weaknesses?

3) Does he fit in? Who have his linemates been through this point in camp?

4) Has he been contributing offensively in camp? Has he dropped the gloves with anyone? If YES how did he make out?

5) Do you think he will be one of the forwards you guys send to the split AHL franchise this year?

6) Did he suit up in the Oilers/Flames rookies BOA? If not why?

7) Will he play Tuesday night against the U of L Pronghorns?

8) Which current NHLer would you compare him to?

9) Do you see the potential for him to develop into an NHL player? If YES in what role?

10) Who has been the most impressive out of the 7 (?) prospects the Flames signed this off-season (Regehr/Johner/Nilson/Heintz...etc)?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments!!!

Old
09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
I am curious about Flames fans' opinions of this prospect. He underacheived offensively in the WHL but the potential to be a Chris Simon type impact player seems to be there from what I have seen.

Random Questions:

1) How has he looked in camp?

2) What are his strengths/weaknesses?

3) Does he fit in? Who have his linemates been through this point in camp?

4) Has he been contributing offensively in camp? Has he dropped the gloves with anyone? If YES how did he make out?

5) Do you think he will be one of the forwards you guys send to the split AHL franchise this year?

6) Did he suit up in the Oilers/Flames rookies BOA? If not why?

7) Will he play Tuesday night against the U of L Pronghorns?

8) Which current NHLer would you compare him to?

9) Do you see the potential for him to develop into an NHL player? If YES in what role?

10) Who has been the most impressive out of the 7 (?) prospects the Flames signed this off-season (Regehr/Johner/Nilson/Heintz...etc)?
To me Giordano has stood out on the defense and up front I've liked what I've seen from Patrik Nilson and Justin Taylor.

As for Heintz? Well he's big and he's fairly fast. Haven't seen a ton of skill from him yet. I'd imagine his upside is as a 4th liner. Haven't seen him fight, nor have I seen him score in any of the Flames development camps. Pretty sure he played last night and I'd expect him to play again tomorrow against U Leth.

We have him signed to a contract and as such I'm pretty sure he'll be heading to Lowell's camp and then either Lowell or Las Vegas. We don't have a ton of guys signed at this point so chances are he ends up in Lowell.

Closed Thread