HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

OTT-CGY Backup Swap

Old
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Wow...in before close

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:02 PM
TheHMan

Any input on what Auld's value would be to the Flames would be helpful though. Personally, I'd just be happy if we were able to remove his cap hit and get an AHL starter for the farm club. One way or another Ottawa needs another goalie there and I think that it's an absolute must to get a guy who gives them a substantial upgrade in net on the farm club. It would be in the best interest for the development for our prospects to have someone who is at least proven at that level.

Would the Flames go for:

McElhinney+4th for Auld? This was a typo, got the 4th tacked on the wrong side.

Last edited by TheHMan: 04-11-2009 at 11:40 PM.
TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Ishdul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Any input on what Auld's value would be to the Flames would be helpful though. Personally, I'd just be happy if we were able to remove his cap hit and get an AHL starter for the farm club. One way or another Ottawa needs another goalie there and I think that it's an absolute must to get a guy who gives them a substantial upgrade in net on the farm club. It would be in the best interest for the development for our prospects to have someone who is at least proven at that level.

Would the Flames go for:

Auld+4th for McElhinney?
Why are you still talking about this? Auld is valuable enough on his own, the 4th itself is overpayment for McElhinney, Elliott may be back in Bingo next year anyways, if he isn't then there are a hundred goalies who could cut it in the AHL that we can sign or trade future considerations for and while it would be ideal to have a good starter in Binghamton it's not worth it to trade off assets to get a goalie for your farm team if you don't think the goalie has a future in your organization. Pretty much everyone else has told you this. Stop incriminating yourself further.

Ishdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Oblivion

Well now that McElhinney's value has skyrocketed, I don't even know if I'd take that deal anymore. (by skyrocketed I mean gone from litererally nothing to something slightly less than something)

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 09:51 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Well now that McElhinney's value has skyrocketed, I don't even know if I'd take that deal anymore. (by skyrocketed I mean gone from litererally nothing to something slightly less than something)
I saw that game too, stopped 35/36 shots and was the first star as well...

Personally, I look at his value being pretty underrated and people are drawing from a very small sample size. One of the things I have been looking at is how few games he's played and the majority of his starts have been under a Calgary defense that has been awful this year (don't mean to offend). Looking at Kipper's stats in comparison, a very good goalie like him shouldn't have worse numbers than Alex Auld. I just don't think people are getting an accurate read on McE's value with the situation he's had to play under.

I'm a bit of a Binghamton fan too. The situation that unfolded this year was pretty awful, we basically left them in a tight playoff race with ECHL goalies. The fans and the prospects we're developing deserve a bit better so that's why I'm thinking that this deal makes sense for both teams. Value can go one way or the other, but I think the idea behind it is solid.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote