HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you expect another riot?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
  #26
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
If the Habs win could there be a riot in Boston?

baldrick is offline  
Old
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
  #27
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Yes, the police also tell anarchists are troubles makers yet their own policemen in undercover get caught on camera starting trouble and faking their arrest to escape the crowd when they are told to go away.

It's like any other agency, the government, the CIA, or anybody else. We all lie when we're about to look bad. It looks a lot better to blame it on factors outside our control.

High five for your naivety.
LMAO!! Why don't you just give it up already?

It's plain to see for anybody that isn't a conspiracy nutjob that the cops were targeted by the same guys that already had done exactly the same thing to them in the past. The papers also reported the very same information as well.

The only fool that is in complete denial and is naive enough to believe that a conspiracy was fabricated to cover up a riot is seemingly you. Everybody else here seems to think that there was a factual account of a criminal act except you Mulder.

High five for your completely ridiculous insistence on looking stupid.

RushDP is offline  
Old
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
  #28
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Not at all. And I suspect you were probably there celebrating when it broke out but your disconnected from reality. One guy with too much beer in starts troubles and the mob mentality will kick in. I've seen on several occasions people by the Centre Bell just coming out of the arena after game 7 rushing with excitement the street because they could see smokes rising, thinking a riot was going on, when it was just people being idiots with their cars. A lot of habs fan were drunk, taking "clichés" with cops cars burning behind them. If you think this is some organized militia with a clear political goal, lol at you.

There's cops haters everywhere, including habs fans. Whether you want it or not.

It doesn't mean they were all habs fan, but what your saying is like saying hooligans aren't legitimate soccer fans. Sorry, but they are, whether you like it or not. Whether these people are violent or not. You're not god and you don't choose who your around with or who decide to associate with your club. Being violent doesn't automatically disqualify you from being one of the biggest supporter or fan of your team.

This being said, I hope there's not another riot, but for some reason I don't see the same hype this year. I don't think it will happens, maybe a few scuffles between fans but that's it.
Buddy, there were people walking around making torches with butane lights and butane tanks.

You think they just happened to have those lying around? Probably had to check them at the Bell Centre eh?

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
  #29
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
There will be so much cops downtown, you will feel you're in Montréal Nord.
they will randomly shoot at teenagers ?

THE HOFF is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
  #30
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
The Cops won't park their cars on every street corner again. They don't want to give rioters targets. They'll use horses and that sort of stuff. Ive never seen a horse set on fire but there's a first for everything.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 12:15 AM
  #31
Habbie29
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
NOOOOO no riots please!!!

lets be classy fans this year! all this team needs is another controversy! NO RIOTS!!!

it is mind boggling to me how turning over cop cars and setting fire to buildings etc, is considered a celebration?

Isnt a riot a result of being PISSSD OFF at something???

Be happy don't riot. You are just giving the gorgeous city of montreal a bad name! smarten up rioters!

Habbie29 is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
  #32
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
If we manage to win a single game against the Bruins I'm planning to set a homeless on fire.

Slick Nick is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
  #33
Peacock
Registered User
 
Peacock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
If we win the second round, then you could start seeing riots / massive outdoor extravaganza.

But for the first round, no. Expectations are just too low.

Peacock is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 01:25 AM
  #34
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
LMAO!! Why don't you just give it up already?

It's plain to see for anybody that isn't a conspiracy nutjob that the cops were targeted by the same guys that already had done exactly the same thing to them in the past. The papers also reported the very same information as well.

The only fool that is in complete denial and is naive enough to believe that a conspiracy was fabricated to cover up a riot is seemingly you. Everybody else here seems to think that there was a factual account of a criminal act except you Mulder.

High five for your completely ridiculous insistence on looking stupid.
My point is just that it looks a lot better for the police to say they were targeted by gang members(which they might have been) than just say out blank they lost control to a crowd due to their lack of preparation and competence. It doesn't mean nobody went there with a butane torch with intent to torch a few cars. It just mean that the majority of rioters were probably fans. I don't see why it's so hard to understand. A lot of cities riot when they win sports events. Don't see them blaming it on alleged criminal gangs all the time.

Drunken fans rioting in Montreal? Impossible.

It's all Montreal-North scums coming down to burn the city with butane torch. Go out.

Jesus.

Prudentius is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
  #35
habbie67
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
depends how close the series is.. if we can steal game 1 i think there will be some rioting... but if bruins are up 2-0 and win game 3 in mtl no1 will riot..

habbie67 is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 03:41 AM
  #36
Sir Jacques Demers
Registered User
 
Sir Jacques Demers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
For those who don't know, some of the people who blew up police cars after the bruins game were arrested again in the Montreal North riot, months later.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
  #37
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbie29 View Post
NOOOOO no riots please!!!

lets be classy fans this year! all this team needs is another controversy! NO RIOTS!!!

it is mind boggling to me how turning over cop cars and setting fire to buildings etc, is considered a celebration?

Isnt a riot a result of being PISSSD OFF at something???

Be happy don't riot. You are just giving the gorgeous city of montreal a bad name! smarten up rioters!
Just in case you didn't read any of the posts in this thread: there was no riot, just a criminal act.

RushDP is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:00 AM
  #38
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
My point is just that it looks a lot better for the police to say they were targeted by gang members(which they might have been) than just say out blank they lost control to a crowd due to their lack of preparation and competence. It doesn't mean nobody went there with a butane torch with intent to torch a few cars. It just mean that the majority of rioters were probably fans. I don't see why it's so hard to understand. A lot of cities riot when they win sports events. Don't see them blaming it on alleged criminal gangs all the time.

Drunken fans rioting in Montreal? Impossible.

It's all Montreal-North scums coming down to burn the city with butane torch. Go out.

Jesus.
I don't know what cities you've lived in but Montreal's riot squad is surely one of the most tried, tested and true squads in the western world.

lxzred is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
  #39
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
The Cops won't park their cars on every street corner again. They don't want to give rioters targets. They'll use horses and that sort of stuff. Ive never seen a horse set on fire but there's a first for everything.

j c petit is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:31 AM
  #40
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
I don't know what cities you've lived in but Montreal's riot squad is surely one of the most tried, tested and true squads in the western world.
In the western world?

Have you ever seen any footage of Europe?

We're not even half as bad.

Prudentius is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
  #41
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
It's simple, no one carries molatov cocktails with them to an "event".
If we beat the bruins you can expect some shinanigans but it's unlikely to be cop cars or many broken windows.
<---- this arrow dosent make sense, but love your avi, witchcraft is awesome.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
  #42
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Mass riots in Montreal.
Mass suicide in Boston.

The next time Boston has a chance to decide the outcome of Montreal in the playoffs, they'll just throw the game to make sure we play Washington.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:39 AM
  #43
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
In the western world?

Have you ever seen any footage of Europe?

We're not even half as bad.
How would you have convinced yourself you were right if I said NA?

And combining your memories of all the footage from all the cities in Europe into one mental image(genre Montreal vs Europe?) doesn't really mean anything, nor does it support your argument.

My point is Montreal riot squad is always ready and like you said earlier, maybe they even start the riots sometimes.

lxzred is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.