HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you expect another riot?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
baldrick

vCash: 500
If the Habs win could there be a riot in Boston?

Old
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Yes, the police also tell anarchists are troubles makers yet their own policemen in undercover get caught on camera starting trouble and faking their arrest to escape the crowd when they are told to go away.

It's like any other agency, the government, the CIA, or anybody else. We all lie when we're about to look bad. It looks a lot better to blame it on factors outside our control.

High five for your naivety.
LMAO!! Why don't you just give it up already?

It's plain to see for anybody that isn't a conspiracy nutjob that the cops were targeted by the same guys that already had done exactly the same thing to them in the past. The papers also reported the very same information as well.

The only fool that is in complete denial and is naive enough to believe that a conspiracy was fabricated to cover up a riot is seemingly you. Everybody else here seems to think that there was a factual account of a criminal act except you Mulder.

High five for your completely ridiculous insistence on looking stupid.

Old
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Not at all. And I suspect you were probably there celebrating when it broke out but your disconnected from reality. One guy with too much beer in starts troubles and the mob mentality will kick in. I've seen on several occasions people by the Centre Bell just coming out of the arena after game 7 rushing with excitement the street because they could see smokes rising, thinking a riot was going on, when it was just people being idiots with their cars. A lot of habs fan were drunk, taking "clichés" with cops cars burning behind them. If you think this is some organized militia with a clear political goal, lol at you.

There's cops haters everywhere, including habs fans. Whether you want it or not.

It doesn't mean they were all habs fan, but what your saying is like saying hooligans aren't legitimate soccer fans. Sorry, but they are, whether you like it or not. Whether these people are violent or not. You're not god and you don't choose who your around with or who decide to associate with your club. Being violent doesn't automatically disqualify you from being one of the biggest supporter or fan of your team.

This being said, I hope there's not another riot, but for some reason I don't see the same hype this year. I don't think it will happens, maybe a few scuffles between fans but that's it.
Buddy, there were people walking around making torches with butane lights and butane tanks.

You think they just happened to have those lying around? Probably had to check them at the Bell Centre eh?

waffledave
Old
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
There will be so much cops downtown, you will feel you're in Montréal Nord.
they will randomly shoot at teenagers ?

Old
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

The Cops won't park their cars on every street corner again. They don't want to give rioters targets. They'll use horses and that sort of stuff. Ive never seen a horse set on fire but there's a first for everything.

Old
04-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Habbie29

NOOOOO no riots please!!!

lets be classy fans this year! all this team needs is another controversy! NO RIOTS!!!

it is mind boggling to me how turning over cop cars and setting fire to buildings etc, is considered a celebration?

Isnt a riot a result of being PISSSD OFF at something???

Be happy don't riot. You are just giving the gorgeous city of montreal a bad name! smarten up rioters!

Old
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Slick Nick

If we manage to win a single game against the Bruins I'm planning to set a homeless on fire.

Old
04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Peacock

If we win the second round, then you could start seeing riots / massive outdoor extravaganza.

But for the first round, no. Expectations are just too low.

Old
04-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
LMAO!! Why don't you just give it up already?

It's plain to see for anybody that isn't a conspiracy nutjob that the cops were targeted by the same guys that already had done exactly the same thing to them in the past. The papers also reported the very same information as well.

The only fool that is in complete denial and is naive enough to believe that a conspiracy was fabricated to cover up a riot is seemingly you. Everybody else here seems to think that there was a factual account of a criminal act except you Mulder.

High five for your completely ridiculous insistence on looking stupid.
My point is just that it looks a lot better for the police to say they were targeted by gang members(which they might have been) than just say out blank they lost control to a crowd due to their lack of preparation and competence. It doesn't mean nobody went there with a butane torch with intent to torch a few cars. It just mean that the majority of rioters were probably fans. I don't see why it's so hard to understand. A lot of cities riot when they win sports events. Don't see them blaming it on alleged criminal gangs all the time.

Drunken fans rioting in Montreal? Impossible.

It's all Montreal-North scums coming down to burn the city with butane torch. Go out.

Jesus.

Old
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
habbie67

depends how close the series is.. if we can steal game 1 i think there will be some rioting... but if bruins are up 2-0 and win game 3 in mtl no1 will riot..

Old
04-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

For those who don't know, some of the people who blew up police cars after the bruins game were arrested again in the Montreal North riot, months later.

Old
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbie29 View Post
NOOOOO no riots please!!!

lets be classy fans this year! all this team needs is another controversy! NO RIOTS!!!

it is mind boggling to me how turning over cop cars and setting fire to buildings etc, is considered a celebration?

Isnt a riot a result of being PISSSD OFF at something???

Be happy don't riot. You are just giving the gorgeous city of montreal a bad name! smarten up rioters!
Just in case you didn't read any of the posts in this thread: there was no riot, just a criminal act.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:00 AM
lxzred

Quote:
My point is just that it looks a lot better for the police to say they were targeted by gang members(which they might have been) than just say out blank they lost control to a crowd due to their lack of preparation and competence. It doesn't mean nobody went there with a butane torch with intent to torch a few cars. It just mean that the majority of rioters were probably fans. I don't see why it's so hard to understand. A lot of cities riot when they win sports events. Don't see them blaming it on alleged criminal gangs all the time.

Drunken fans rioting in Montreal? Impossible.

It's all Montreal-North scums coming down to burn the city with butane torch. Go out.

Jesus.
I don't know what cities you've lived in but Montreal's riot squad is surely one of the most tried, tested and true squads in the western world.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
The Cops won't park their cars on every street corner again. They don't want to give rioters targets. They'll use horses and that sort of stuff. Ive never seen a horse set on fire but there's a first for everything.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
I don't know what cities you've lived in but Montreal's riot squad is surely one of the most tried, tested and true squads in the western world.
In the western world?

Have you ever seen any footage of Europe?

We're not even half as bad.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
It's simple, no one carries molatov cocktails with them to an "event".
If we beat the bruins you can expect some shinanigans but it's unlikely to be cop cars or many broken windows.
<---- this arrow dosent make sense, but love your avi, witchcraft is awesome.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Lone Rogue

Mass riots in Montreal.
Mass suicide in Boston.

The next time Boston has a chance to decide the outcome of Montreal in the playoffs, they'll just throw the game to make sure we play Washington.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:39 AM
lxzred

Quote:
In the western world?

Have you ever seen any footage of Europe?

We're not even half as bad.
How would you have convinced yourself you were right if I said NA?

And combining your memories of all the footage from all the cities in Europe into one mental image(genre Montreal vs Europe?) doesn't really mean anything, nor does it support your argument.

My point is Montreal riot squad is always ready and like you said earlier, maybe they even start the riots sometimes.

Closed Thread