HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers One Of Five Teams in the Hunt for Gilroy

Old
04-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Richter35

vCash: 500
apparently the dude is looking for serious cheddar - that alone should disqualify us because our cap situation is so lousy, unless glen has something up his sleeve.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
NYRangers17

i have a question about this whole situation. I would love to have Gilroy as a Ranger, but im confused as to how his signing works. If he were to sign with the Rangers, and soon as is being speculated, how would this work cap wise? I don't think the Rangers have the necessary cap space to fit him in for this year so would we have to wait until after the season or does he not count towards the cap this year or what? Any insight on this would be great.

NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers17 View Post
i have a question about this whole situation. I would love to have Gilroy as a Ranger, but im confused as to how his signing works. If he were to sign with the Rangers, and soon as is being speculated, how would this work cap wise? I don't think the Rangers have the necessary cap space to fit him in for this year so would we have to wait until after the season or does he not count towards the cap this year or what? Any insight on this would be great.
It would be for next season.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:42 AM
NYRangers17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
It would be for next season.
ok, thanks for clearing that up. In that case i'd love for slats to go for him as long as he doesn't extremely overpay.

NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:27 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Maple Leafs held productive meetings yesterday with the agent of Boston University's standout defenceman Matt Gilroy, and will continue discussions today.

"Gilroy was fielding offers," Leafs president and general manager Brian Burke said. "We have no idea how many teams are in (the running), or how silly the money may get."

Burke wouldn't say whether the Leafs and Gilroy's representative are close to a deal, but the team does appear to be on the verge of reaching an agreement with free-agent goaltender Jonas Gustavsson, 24, who led his Swedish Elite team Farjestad to the championship last week. Gustavsson finished the post-season with a stellar .961 save percentage and five shutouts
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...95896-sun.html

Quote:
Gilroy told the Star last night the Leafs are on his short list and that he expected to come to a decision early this week with the help of his father, Frank.

"They're definitely there," Gilroy said in a phone interview. "I'm going to sit down with my dad (today) and see what's going on
."
http://www.thestar.com/article/617420

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Link?
Eklund

Old
04-13-2009, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
According to sources, the Flyers also are interested in signing Boston University defenseman Matt Gilroy, who captained his team to an NCAA championship Saturday night after being awarded the Hobey Baker Award as national player of the year. The 24-year-old is being scouted by several NHL teams, and the Flyers are only one of many in the mix
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...__cap_war.html

Old
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
apparently the dude is looking for serious cheddar - that alone should disqualify us because our cap situation is so lousy, unless glen has something up his sleeve.
i think that's why Sather would never give up his job. He's having too much fun with all these happy surprises he brings us.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
NYR Viper

If Sather thinks he can move one of Redden/Rozi in the offseason and he doesnt think Morris will resign I see no reason why he wouldnt try and sign him. If he doesnt work out send him to the minors and move on. Its a free skilled player.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
If Sather thinks he can move one of Redden/Rozi in the offseason and he doesnt think Morris will resign I see no reason why he wouldnt try and sign him. If he doesnt work out send him to the minors and move on. Its a free skilled player.
Exactly.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote