HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should they stay or should they go?

Old
04-10-2009, 10:56 PM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Aren't we splitting Klee's contract this year with Anaheim and/or Atlanta? We would have to pay more if we resigned him.
I don't think Klee is going to be a serious amount of $$$

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:57 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Aren't we splitting Klee's contract this year with Anaheim and/or Atlanta? We would have to pay more if we resigned him.
With Anaheim. We would have to pay more, but not much more. I don't see him getting the 1.25m he's getting now next season. Probably closer to 600k-800k total.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 01:43 AM
yakko

I was waiting for the end of the season to make my assessments, and well, the season is over.

Reinprect UFA 2mil cap hit
I would like to see him back. I doubt he would need a higher contract to return. He is versatile, level headed player that I think is a good influence on the younger guys. Winning teams need utility players that can provide depth. He can play on the bottom six if needed and seamlessly step into the top 6 if needed. If the team feels like he has to be moved to bring in another solid or first line veteran, I am not going to be that upset though.

Lisin RFA- 790k cap hit
I really like Lisin and think he needs some good coaching and time to develop. I have no idea if he can get that in Phoenix, but I would hate to see him leave and blossom into a player the Coyotes wish they had.

Winnik RFA- 530k cap hit
I think he is a solid penalty killer and fore checker with some offensive potential left before he hits his ceiling. I would rather see him take a fourth line spot than bringing in an outsider.

Prucha RFA- 340 cap hit now but sal of 1.6mil
Prucha brings a lot of hustle with some offensive skill. I would really like to see him back.

Lindstrom RFA-cap hit of 340
I would not mind if he comes back on a two way contract. I really doubt he is ever going to be a full time NHL player though, so if he thinks he is an NHL player or the team wants to make space in the AHL for new players, let him walk.

Upshall RFA cap hit of 260 now but 1.2 mil sal
He provides great hustle and plays well with Lombardi and Prucha. I would really like to see him back, even if I do not expect him to keep up his scoring pace. I would love to see that entire line back as a second or third line.

Lombardi
Keeping Lombardi would make it a lot easier to part with Reinprecht, although I could see the team keeping both. Again, I hope to see the line of Upshall, Lombardi and Prucha back as the second or third line.

McGrattan UFA 215cap hit but 600k sal
No thanks.

Dawes RFA 125caphit but 580k sal
See Lindstrom.

Goertzen RFA-112cap hit 475k sal
See Lindstrom.

Murray RFA- 475sal under 100k cap hit
See Lindstrom.

Hoggan UFA- 500k sal like a 25k cap hit
See Lindstrom.

Nikulin RFA- 725k sal under a 25k cap hit for us
I really do not know enough about him to say one way or another.

Yandle RFA 800k cap hit
I really want Yandle back. He is progressing quite nicely, especially for a defenseman. He skates well, has solid offensive skills with plenty of untapped potential and looks like he is progressing in his own zone. He may still need some polish in his own zone, but most defenseman his age do. Yandle was a great draft pick and the Coyotes need to reap the beneits.

Klee UFA-1.25mil sal
There are a lot of guys like Klee and he is getting up in age, so I can imagine the team shopping for an upgrade. Still, I liked his solid, calm and steady play. If he wants to come back in a bottom pair role for less money, why not?

Kalinin UFA 2.1mil sal
Apart from Morris, I really do not see an upgrade available on the free agent market. I would so much rather see Morris, but I have no idea if they can get Morris back. It sounds like Maloney may be in the trade market for a top 4 defenseman, which opens up the possibilities. Basically, I am really hoping for an upgrade, but I have my doubts and there are worse players to have on your bottom pairing.

Tordjman RFA- 525 sal 100k cap hit this year
He has been good in the AHL and should keep it up. He is still quite a way from the NHL, but it is not like the Coyotes have any depth in the system with which to work.

So, that leaves the team with:
Forwards: Doan, Lombardi, Prucha, Upshall, Hanzal, Lisin, Mueller, Tikhonov, Reinprecht, Turris, Boedker, Winnik
Defense: Michalek, Jovanovski, Sauer, Klee, Yandle

On defense, that leaves room to bring in a top 4 guy and keep Yandle and Klee (or a younger player in Klee's mold) as the bottom pairing which would be ideal. If that is not possible, I could see Yandle moving into the top 4 and bringing back Kalinin or promoting a young player.

On offensive, that is still too many forwards if the Coyotes are really going to bring in one or two more top guys. Some of them are probably going to have to be moved in a deal, and I could easily see Turris at least starting in the AHL. I am not even going to speculate as to what kind of move they would make because it really all depends on who is available and the asking price, but that may also open up roster space.

It should be an interesting off season.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote