HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov might return to the NHL

Old
04-13-2009, 07:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Radulov might return to the NHL

Quote:
Too, there was the 11th-hour departure of young talent Alexander Radulov, who signed a lucrative contract to play in his native Russia. The team was not able to fill that void, either from within the organization or via a trade.

Word has it that Radulov might be in play again. He still has a year remaining on his contract with the Preds, which would make him Nashville's property if he returns to the NHL. What gives?

Asked if he would welcome Radulov back, Trotz said:

"Yeah. Obviously, he's a real dynamic guy
."
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...904130337/1108

His teammates might not be so forgiving and willing to greet Radulov with open arms.At least that is the indication given by Jason Arnott.His quotes are in the column.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Sony Eriksson*

If Nashville allows this puke of a person back on the team they deserve to move...This guy has no character, respect or loyalty which in my mind mean they are a complete waste of humanity.

I like Nashville having a team and this would be to much of a negative distraction they do not need. He will become Avery 2.0 (while with Dallas) but only in Nashville.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
If Nashville allows this puke of a person back on the team they deserve to move...This guy has no character, respect or loyalty which in my mind mean they are a complete waste of humanity.

I like Nashville having a team and this would be to much of a negative distraction they do not need. He will become Avery 2.0 (while with Dallas) but only in Nashville.
OK so bailing on your Russian contract to come to the NHL=Good
And bailing on your NHL contract to go to Russia=No character, respect or loyalty

Got it. Great.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
And bailing on your NHL contract to go to Russia=No character, respect or loyalty

Got it. Great.
Ha ha. That too!

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Quote:

I don't think anyone here on HFBoards can judge Radulov on a personal level. None of us play professional hockey, few of us grew up overseas, and most importantly, none of know Alexander Radulov. Calling him a "puke of a person" is beyond being recklessly judgemental.

As a hockey player though, he's got a lot of skill and if he's wanting to come back and is motivated to play in the NHL, then there should be about 30 teams in the league that would want his services.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I don't think anyone here on HFBoards can judge Radulov on a personal level. None of us play professional hockey, few of us grew up overseas, and most importantly, none of know Alexander Radulov. Calling him a "puke of a person" is beyond being recklessly judgemental.

As a hockey player though, he's got a lot of skill and if he's wanting to come back and is motivated to play in the NHL, then there should be about 30 teams in the league that would want his services.
IMO is he a puke of a person. I have zero respect for people who can't honor their commitments. He may have all the talent in the world but his inability to stay loyal to any team he has played for is shady. The way he ****ed over Nashville was ridiculous and should and probably will not go unnoticed.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
grabo84

Would we condemn a North American kid for breaking a KHL contract to come play in the NHL? We wouldn't think twice about it, so it's a bit hypocritical to slam Radulov.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:03 AM
4rde

So what did Radulov do to make Arnott angry? I have like missed the whole Radulov story, i know he went back to Russia but was there something else involved.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
So what did Radulov do to make Arnott angry? I have like missed the whole Radulov story, i know he went back to Russia but was there something else involved.
Radulov has 1 more season remaining on his entry level contract with Nashville and he bolted to play in Russia. You can't blame his teammates for being pissed. He wasn't a free agent. He was a signed player.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
RollingPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
I think his head still hurts from the celebratory hit he gave him that knocked him out of the playoffs

I don't know there are rumors that he was a primadonna in the lockeroom, nothing concrete though. Plus he bailed out us and put us in a bind.

I'd personally take him back as a fan, he wouldn't bring what he is worth to us in a trade....

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I think it's official that character isn't a huge factor if you've got skill.

Some NHL team will take this kid...he's good enough for someone to take the risk.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Dupree13

I wouldn't bash him for being disloyal. It's pro-sports for god sakes, nobody is loyal, not teams, not coaches, not players.

I would question his intelligence however. It seems the KHL is a miserable league and even Russians would far prefer to play in the NHL.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
IMO is he a puke of a person. I have zero respect for people who can't honor their commitments. He may have all the talent in the world but his inability to stay loyal to any team he has played for is shady. The way he ****ed over Nashville was ridiculous and should and probably will not go unnoticed.
So you basically are saying that you don't respect Malkin, for example?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Alex28*

Quote:

What about all the Russian players who bolted to the NHL while serving out contracts over there?

Oh, right, they're great great people.

There is a puke of a person here. And it's not Radulov.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I understand where Arnott is coming from, but you lose the right to keep the band together when you miss the playoffs.

The Predators probably have to make some changes in order to get into the playoffs next season. Scoring is the clear weakness on the team, and that is a club that can not afford to simply raise payroll much beyond current levels, to simply buy more scoring.

Radulov is an elite offensive talent, and he is under contract to Nashville for a more-than-reasonable wage, should he return to the NHL. Awkward it might be, but the team would need to grin and bear it. Radulov is a cheap, impact player for one more season for Nashville. No team can turn its nose up at one of those, especially when it is on a tight budget, and on the outside looking in at the post-season.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:54 AM
sunb

I actually supported Radulov's move to play in Russia. His passion was obviously with the motherland and seeing his great sport succeed in his native home - a noble endeavor. However, like all good intentions, resolve takes follow through and execution. Radulov is looking rather immature bouncing from the NHL to the KHL and now perhaps back to the NHL. If you make a decision, stick with it! Don't give up just because its tough...

The Predators missed the playoofs be a mere 3-4 points this year. Largely because they could not score. Their goals for was 213 while their goals against was 233. Had Radulov played, the Predators would have made the playoffs this year. Radulov scored 26 goals and 58 points last year. Even if he scored only 20 goals and 50 points this year, the Preds would likely be on the inside of the NHL playoff race...

sunb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Being a fan of the NHL, I really hope he comes back. The best players in the world should be playing in our league.

Nashville players and fans are frustrated by the situation, as they should be, but for everyone else to judge the guy without knowing the factors involved is just plain retarded.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
ecemleafs

so hypocritical. so lets say the KHL was the best league in the world and an american or canadian is playing there on a low salary contract, and the NHL is formed and offers these north americans big money to come home. are we all pukes with no character respect and loyalty?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
nashnaidoo

Quote:
You are really taking his decision very personally. Did he kick sand in your face when you were at the beach one day?

As far as I'm concerned I don't see his going to play in the KHL as being a big issue.

1. There is no agreement between the two leagues.
2. IF he returns to the NHL the Predators retain his rights and he still owes them the last year of his contract.
3. The NHL has a system of rights holding which gives players only limited options if they aren't happy with their employment situation. The NHL holds all the cards over players for a lot of years.

The Preds don't have to accept Radulov back so his return to the NHL isn't guaranteed. If the team thinks like you do all they have to do is let him rot.

nashnaidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:

Couldn't have said it any better. This low life should be banned from the NHL. He walked out on a contract and his teammates. I hope he rots in Mother Russia and no one ever hears from him again.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post

Got it. Great.
The NHL contract was signed before the KHL deal, if this was taken to a court of law in North America the 1st contract would be binding, therefore the KHL contract would be void. Cant bail on a void contract.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
so hypocritical. so lets say the KHL was the best league in the world and an american or canadian is playing there on a low salary contract, and the NHL is formed and offers these north americans big money to come home. are we all pukes with no character respect and loyalty?
He had a contract. An obligation to the organization that drafted him and developed him. He's a loser and should never be allowed back into the NHL.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:09 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunb View Post
I actually supported Radulov's move to play in Russia. His passion was obviously with the motherland and seeing his great sport succeed in his native home - a noble endeavor. However, like all good intentions, resolve takes follow through and execution. Radulov is looking rather immature bouncing from the NHL to the KHL and now perhaps back to the NHL. If you make a decision, stick with it! Don't give up just because its tough...

The Predators missed the playoofs be a mere 3-4 points this year. Largely because they could not score. Their goals for was 213 while their goals against was 233. Had Radulov played, the Predators would have made the playoffs this year. Radulov scored 26 goals and 58 points last year. Even if he scored only 20 goals and 50 points this year, the Preds would likely be on the inside of the NHL playoff race...

You would

Old
04-13-2009, 10:10 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
The NHL contract was signed before the KHL deal, if this was taken to a court of law in North America the 1st contract would be binding, therefore the KHL contract would be void. Cant bail on a void contract.
100% correct. Good point

Old
04-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Talentless Practise*

Lots of players bolt on their team overseas every year to come to the NHL. Exactly the same situation here, only reversed.

You have to be a blind bigot not to see that.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote