HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov might return to the NHL

Old
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
The Pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Lots of players bolt on their team overseas every year to come to the NHL. Exactly the same situation here, only reversed.

You have to be a blind bigot not to see that.
And you naive.

The Pucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Plato

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
The NHL contract was signed before the KHL deal, if this was taken to a court of law in North America the 1st contract would be binding, therefore the KHL contract would be void. Cant bail on a void contract.
You misunderstood my point. It's not about which contract was void or not, it's the fact that people rip him apart just because he went from US to Russia while the same people are perfectly fine with people leaving their contracts in Russia behind to come here.
Hypocrisy at it's best.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
tylerbear*

For everyone shooting off about Radulov bailing on his team, and calling him every name in the book.

What about Malkin?

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:49 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
You misunderstood my point. It's not about which contract was void or not, it's the fact that people rip him apart just because he went from US to Russia while the same people are perfectly fine with people leaving their contracts in Russia behind to come here.
Hypocrisy at it's best.
As I explained, in the eyes of North Americans his KHL contract is null and void, therefore he would come back to honour his original contract, thats the way it works.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:53 AM
ecemleafs

all europeans who bail on there teams in europe should be banned for life from all hockey tournaments and leagues. malkin should be forced to live in a cabin in siberia for the rest of his life. radulov should be in jail.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Ih8theislanders

I don't think we should let him back. Let him rot over there, atleast until his contract runs out. He should be used as an example over what defecting players get. He has no loyalty or respect for the Predators players, his current team's players, and the sport. All he cares about is his wallet.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Kamina
Amok

How hypocritical. I'd welcome Radulov back though, he's a great talent.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
all europeans who bail on there teams in europe should be banned for life from all hockey tournaments and leagues. malkin should be forced to live in a cabin in siberia for the rest of his life. radulov should be in jail.
Malkin is forced to live in Pittsburg, thats close.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Plato

vCash: 1000
Quote:
As I explained, in the eyes of North Americans his KHL contract is null and void, therefore he would come back to honour his original contract, thats the way it works.
You still don't get it...

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
The NHL contract was signed before the KHL deal, if this was taken to a court of law in North America the 1st contract would be binding, therefore the KHL contract would be void. Cant bail on a void contract.
Why did you bolt from the thread on the NHL board after I gave you an example of the NHL signing a player who already has a contract in the KHL?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:32 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
If Nashville allows this puke of a person back on the team they deserve to move...This guy has no character, respect or loyalty which in my mind mean they are a complete waste of humanity.

I like Nashville having a team and this would be to much of a negative distraction they do not need. He will become Avery 2.0 (while with Dallas) but only in Nashville.
I'd take Radulov on my team any day of the week and would even trade a 1st round pick + a decent prospect like Bergfors for his services.

He's a exceptionnal talent and a proven commodity. He's still a kid (22 years old) and judging a teenager for accepting millions and millions of dollars to go back to his native country to be around familly and friends makes him a "puke of a person"... Get real !!!

He got the wrong advice from his agent and it blew up in his face. He should've finished his contract with the Preds and then make his decision as to stay in the NHL or leave for the KHL. Everyone is intitle to mistakes... especially when you're a teenager playing hockey for a living and a ton a cash is being thrown at you.

If the Rangers would acquire Radulov, i'd bet my life savings that you'd welcome him with open arms and would probably be the 1st person in line at JFK airport to get his autograph.

P.S. You're talking about Radulov as a "puke of a person" but you probably like the idea of re-acquiring the services of Sean Avery for your Rags... talk about irony

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 04-13-2009 at 10:40 AM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think Radulov made a naive decision, and likely received some bad advice from his agent. INterestingly enough, at the time this first broke, Radulov admitted that his family advised against leaving the NHL and begged him not to do it.

Predators fans are realistic about this, and I think the team is, too. He's possibly the best pure scorer we've ever drafted, the team's main weakness this year was scoring goals, mostly because he left after the market was pretty much picked clean. He would be forgiven after scoring his first goal back here.

That said, I firmly expect him to be a Predator again in the fall, and have believed as much all along.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'd take Radulov on my team any day of the week and would even trade a 1st round pick + a decent prospect like Bergfors for his services.

He's a exceptionnal talent and a proven commodity. He's still a kid (22 years old) and judging a teenager for accepting millions and millions of dollars to go back to his native country to be around familly and friends makes him a "puke of a person"... Get real !!!

He got the wrong advice from his agent and it blew up in his face. He should've finished his contract with the Preds and then make his decision as to stay in the NHL or leave for the KHL. Everyone is intitle to mistakes... especially when your a teenager playing hockey for a living and a ton a cash is being thrown at you.

If the Rangers would acquire Radulov, i'd bet my life savings that you'd welcome him with open arms and would probably be the 1st person in line at JFK airport to get his autograph
Radulov wasn't offered "a ton of cash" in the KHL. It's $2m/year, I think he would have got a similar contract with the Predators should he had stayed in the NHL for one more year.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

I'd take him back,he'd have to do some butt kissing but hes got way much skill just to ignore him.

The only problem is will his Nashville teamates take him back.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindupbird View Post
For everyone shooting off about Radulov bailing on his team, and calling him every name in the book.

What about Malkin?
3am radiator contracts are common in Russia.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Bob View Post
Radulov wasn't offered "a ton of cash" in the KHL. It's $2m/year, I think he would have got a similar contract with the Predators should he stayed in the NHL for one more year.
My bad... sorry. I thought he got a bigger offer then that. If he left for that amount of cash, the reason of his departure might be the fact that he wasn't in love with the organisation. I'M JUST SPECULATING OVER HERE... DON'T MURDER ME FOR THIS !!!

The fact still remains that i'd take him on my team cause he's a exceptionnal talent. Let Gionta test the free agent market and give Radulov a 3-3.5M$ or even a 4M$ contract for 5 years.

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 04-13-2009 at 10:57 AM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
3am radiator contracts are common in Russia.
No. But 3am radiator contract extensions are. Malkin had a valid contract at that time. And his Russia team tried to extend it at 3am.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Nashville should give Brian Burke permission to talk to Radulov's agent. Burke can then work out a 3-way deal revolving around Radulov going to Toronto, Kaberle going to another team, and another team's offer for Kaberle going to Nashville.

I'd love to have this guy in Toronto. I'm sure if Burke gave him a 5-6 year contract of 5+ million dollars a year, he'd stay in the NHL.

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Atlas

Maybe there is more to the story than we know. Lots of mob and government thugs around.

If it's a straight case of him bailing on his contract then shows an awful character. Chosen obligations matter.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

I'd love to have him back with say Colin Wilson as his centerman (no problems between these two, because they have never played with each other before)

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Cleatus

If I were Burke, this would be the big contract I'd offer Radulov (if he gets permission to speak with him)...

7 year length at 38.5 million dollars total (5.5 million dollar cap-hit). I would also front-load the contract; 6.5 million for the first year, 6 million for the second and third years, 5.5 million in fourth and fifth years, and 4.5 million for the last two years.

I'm sure Radulov would give the KHL his two weeks notice after this.

Last edited by Cleatus: 04-13-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old
04-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I can't speak for Predator fans, even though I have a few in my family.

But from an objective perspective, they would be foolish not to take him back. With Radulov, that's probably a playoff team. If he wants to come back, yeah, you're upset at him, but the first couple of goals he scores and it's water under the bridge for everyone (Arnott included). The team isn't good enough to throw away an elite offensive talent, especially when you consider how good some of their players are, and what they could do if they made it to the playoffs. That's a decent hockey club who could do some damage with more scoring.

At least with the perspective as a Caps fan with Alex Semin, yeah, when he came back most were a bit upset, but a year or two later, most realize how talented he is, and how much you're willing to bend to those abilities.

Third line grinder, forget about him. But 35+ goal scoring wingers get more rope. That doesn't have to be fair, and it might be gutless or whatever, but in the NHL, if you can play, they'll find a way to make it work.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I can't speak for Predator fans, even though I have a few in my family.

But from an objective perspective, they would be foolish not to take him back. With Radulov, that's probably a playoff team. If he wants to come back, yeah, you're upset at him, but the first couple of goals he scores and it's water under the bridge for everyone (Arnott included). The team isn't good enough to throw away an elite offensive talent, especially when you consider how good some of their players are, and what they could do if they made it to the playoffs. That's a decent hockey club who could do some damage with more scoring.

At least with the perspective as a Caps fan with Alex Semin, yeah, when he came back most were a bit upset, but a year or two later, most realize how talented he is, and how much you're willing to bend to those abilities.

Third line grinder, forget about him. But 35+ goal scoring wingers get more rope. That doesn't have to be fair, and it might be gutless or whatever, but in the NHL, if you can play, they'll find a way to make it work.
This has been my line of thought through most of the season. Radulov made a big mistake, but Nashville would be foolish to not let such a dominant offensive talent return.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Cleatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
This has been my line of thought through most of the season. Radulov made a big mistake, but Nashville would be foolish to not let such a dominant offensive talent return.
Say if Nashville is still bitter, or Radulov wants to play elsewhere for more cash, do you think a 3-way trade with Toronto is possible? Say...

Step one:

To "Team A": Tomas Kaberle.
To Toronto: Top-end forward/prospect and draft pick (2nd, maybe 3rd rounder).

Step two:

To Nashville: Top-end forward/prospect and draft pick (2nd, maybe 3rd rounder).
To Toronto: Alexander Radulov.

Before the trade, Burke should get permission to talk to Radulov, and offer him a massive contract.

Old
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Say if Nashville is still bitter, or Radulov wants to play elsewhere for more cash, do you think a 3-way trade with Toronto is possible? Say...

Step one:

To "Team A": Tomas Kaberle.
To Toronto: Top-end forward/prospect and draft pick (2nd, maybe 3rd rounder).

Step two:

To Nashville: Top-end forward/prospect and draft pick (2nd, maybe 3rd rounder).
To Toronto: Alexander Radulov.

Before the trade, Burke should get permission to talk to Radulov, and offer him a massive contract.
Wow ... apparently you haven't followed Burke's track record ... North America says hello

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote