HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francois Giguere OUT as Avs Gm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
  #1
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,479
vCash: 500
Francois Giguere OUT as Avs Gm

Just recived a text from a friend. PL to take over in the intrim.

Colorado Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
  #2
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,062
vCash: 190
What?!!? Source?

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
  #3
Mules
Ouch!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
Wonder when the Tony announcement will come down
As soon as possible, please.

Best news I heard in a long time.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
  #4
Mules
Ouch!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Well, I guess FG learned one thing this year... if he doesn't have the nerve the fire the coach, he might loose the job himself.


Tony next???

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
  #5
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,299
vCash: 500
Reported on AM640 aswell.

Not a shock given how the year played out (with the signings). Even with the injury trouble.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
  #6
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,062
vCash: 190
Wonder when the Tony announcement will come down

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
  #7
Mules
Ouch!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
What?!!? Source?
Per Avs front page:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=418070

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
  #8
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,109
vCash: 500
Good news. At least there are some changes coming. Tony G will follow. I just hope Lacroix realizes it is time to cut ties and start over.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:15 PM
  #9
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Uh oh. Restructure is in there a few times. I don't know if I like what that is implying. Would be nice to see Billington as Assistant GM IMO. He has done a great job with our young guys.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
  #10
Mules
Ouch!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Uh oh. Restructure is in there a few times. I don't know if I like what that is implying. Would be nice to see Billington as Assistant GM IMO. He has done a great job with our young guys.
Well, let's the speculation begins. With PL as the "interim GM" no players are safe...

I think someone will be traded soon............

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  #11
Commander Enigma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Good news. At least there are some changes coming. Tony G will follow. I just hope Lacroix realizes it is time to cut ties and start over.
IMO, if this is the only change it couldn't be more meaningless. At this point I see nothing to indicate it's more than that.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:24 PM
  #12
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,062
vCash: 190
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_12132350

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
  #13
NWAvsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
IMO, if this is the only change it couldn't be more meaningless. At this point I see nothing to indicate it's more than that.
When they say they are changing management structure I take it to imply that it will be a lot more than one person. Structure implies supporting apparatus. Let's hope that is true. Tony G next. Go from there.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:28 PM
  #14
Commander Enigma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
When they say they are changing management structure I take it to imply that it will be a lot more than one person. Structure implies supporting apparatus. Let's hope that is true. Tony G next. Go from there.
Hope so. But focusing on management could be a way of excusing Granato if they are preparing an argument that management didn't give him anything to work with.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:29 PM
  #15
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
interesting, lets see where they go with this

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
  #16
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
Hope so. But focusing on management could be a way of excusing Granato if they are preparing an argument that management didn't give him anything to work with.
Yeah, the fact that Granato is still there after Giguere is booted has me almost convinced he will be given a much undeserved reprieve.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:39 PM
  #17
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
please god, let them fire TG and JC as well.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:41 PM
  #18
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,062
vCash: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Yeah, the fact that Granato is still there after Giguere is booted has me almost convinced he will be given a much undeserved reprieve.
Yeah, u would think if they were gonna remove both, they would do it at the same time....

Maybe PL is just talking to Patty Roy, making sure he can come to Denver before he makes the announcement of TGran getting the boot

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
  #19
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,526
vCash: 500
Awesome. Hopefully PL stays GM...I'm too afraid of it being EL.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:47 PM
  #20
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
Yeah, u would think if they were gonna remove both, they would do it at the same time....

Maybe PL is just talking to Patty Roy, making sure he can come to Denver before he makes the announcement of TGran getting the boot
or, they're wanting to give the new GM the decision. could be a good way to come in, kicking TG and JC out.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:49 PM
  #21
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
or, they're wanting to give the new GM the decision. could be a good way to come in, kicking TG and JC out.
this

i really really hope we get some new blood in here, who are some of the best candidates out there for new guys to the organization?


Nill?
who else?

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
  #22
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Awesome. Hopefully PL stays GM...I'm too afraid of it being EL.
watch it be JFJ... I can see the presser now:

"We've always admired what JFJ did in Toronto and the players he brought in. Je was a natural fit on a team with Tuckerand Raycroft already..."

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:51 PM
  #23
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie on NHL Live and then Leafs Lunch-the next GM will be someone in Father Pete's sphere of influence.

Eric Lacroix?Patrick?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
  #24
Commander Enigma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
DP article updated with this blurb:

Quote:
There was no word on the future of coach Tony Granato and whether he will return for the second year of a three-year contract.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
  #25
Mules
Ouch!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
DP article updated with this blurb:
Oh boy.......................

I want Tony G gone before Giguere, actually.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.