HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keys for the Victory

Old
04-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Keys for the Victory

In this Thread, everyone can put their thoughts about what we need to do to beat the Bruins!

Personally, i think that the heart and soul of the Bruins is Lucic. Did you notice when he went off for 10 minutes, last game, how the Bruins wasn't as physical as earlier in the game.

So, we need to send someone on him to try to get him off his game. We have to trashtalk him, hit him after the play and always be in his face.

We have to get to this guy.

So what do you think are the keys for the Victory?

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Shnitzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
In this Thread, everyone can put their thoughts about what we need to do to beat the Bruins!

Personally, i think that the heart and soul of the Bruins is Lucic. Did you notice when he went off for 10 minutes, last game, how the Bruins wasn't as physical as earlier in the game.

So, we need to send someone on him to try to get him off his game. We have to trashtalk him, hit him after the play and always be in his face.

We have to get to this guy.

So what do you think are the keys for the Victory?
Simple as solid goaltending and wining one of the two first games.

If Carey can steal a game in Boston, it'll be the best moral boost you can get coming back home in front of your fans...

And short term: a solid first period!

Shnitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Kafka

Without Bégin in the lineup, I don't see what Gainey will do. Ask Lapierre to act as the agitator? Because this is what provided success to this team in the past. You need to make Chara and Lucic get out of their game. Laraque isn't skating fast enough for this game, and I doubt his presence will change something. When you go to war, you need fighters. And there are not enough on this roster.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Maxpac

I'l start

-Komisarek to start playing like a man and take care of business

- Habs to play an extremely effective fast clean game and use their speed to backcheck faster, create turnovers and cause penalties

- Markov needs to give a better playoff effort cause he's been average in the PO

-Hamrlik has to step it up a notch, hopefully he'l be just as good as last year

-Laraque has to know his role, the season is on the line here, no faxes, no waiting, if intimidatuion happens you take care of it ASAP

-Our role players to play a very tight game and limit offensive chances for the Bruins, our 1st 2 lines will take care of scoring goals

-Plekanec: don't play like a little girl this year

-Kost brothers have to bring more intensity , i expect them to play together once Sergei is 100%, D'Agostini isin't ready, plain and simple.

For now that's all

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Solid goaltending
discilined hockey....dont retaliate to the bruins giant apes
capitlize on our scoring chances
AK46 coming back from the dead

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Kovalev and Price are our keys to victory. Koivu always brings it and we need Markov to play if we want to advance, but Price and Kovy are the keys.

If Kovy can bring it and Price plays up to his potential I see us winning this series. Kovalev has looked better than he has all year lately and he has gamebreaking skill, probably more than anyone on both teams.

I wasn't sure about this matchup for the last while until that game last week. I now predict we win in 7, they are more than beatable and the Bruins reactions in Boston last week prove that the Habs are in their heads, can't wait for Thursday.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Darz

Goaltending and special teams.

With the amount of PP each team is going to get in this series, it could all come down to special teams. I wouldn't be surprised in the average amount of PP's a game is going to be somewhere around 6 per team per game, so if you can have your PP clicking at about 33%, and your PK in the 90% range, your team will have a massive advantage.

....and of course goaltending. Can't win without it.

04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Jigger77

Simple.

Two things. Price has to steal the show (no softies) and the PP has to be a lethal threat.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Mustafa*

First, keep you genitals in your pants.

Second, Vodka mixed with Red Bull wont hydrate your body.

Third, Mangiola is gone, get over it.

Fourth, Carbo doesn't communicate at all anymore, so communicate with Bob now.

If they obey those rules we should win in 4 games.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
speed11

netminding, defense, our transition game and stay out of the ****en box.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Goaltending and special teams.

With the amount of PP each team is going to get in this series, it could all come down to special teams. I wouldn't be surprised in the average amount of PP's a game is going to be somewhere around 6 per team per game, so if you can have your PP clicking at about 33%, and your PK in the 90% range, your team will have a massive advantage.

....and of course goaltending. Can't win without it.
That's interesting. I don't think there will be many penalties. But special teams success will be critical precisely because there won't be many opportunities. Boston has a clear advantage 5 on 5. If Montreal can keep it close, then they'll need to make the most of their opportunites on special teams to make up the difference. Conversely, Boston will extend their advantage if they can outplay or at least equal Montreal's special teams.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
sheed36

Markov and solid goaltending...No Markov = No chance for the Habs...

Would be great if Pleks and AKost could pick up their games as well to provide some secondary offense..Hopefully the Habs will atleast be competitive in this series and not embarrass themselves and their fans...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
ReVeuF

Doing the Avery way, teasing them to get penalties, PP is the key against the Ruins. Also Price need to bring his best hockey.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:01 PM
JustAHabFan

This has been a very bad season for us. So many players didn't perform to their talents. The key for Bob is to convince our players to forgot about the old season and try to salvage the new season. Convince them that this is a new season and everything has been reset. Our goaltenders, defense, offense have been inconsistant all year. The Bruins do not have more talent than we are. They are simply a harder working team. If our team can work as hard as the Bruins then we have a good chance of beating them with or without Markov. I still beleive we have a chance to beat them but our players have to wake up and play harder.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote