HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice lines this morning

Old
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJwiCg0zvZ0

In the playoffs.. Laraque WILL land that right hand and Chara will take a dirt nap

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Laraque's Time Is Now.

This Is Why Gainey Got Him

This Is His Time To Shine

Go Habs Goooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Want Change!! Yes We Can!! Yes We Can!

Laraque Is Change We Can Believe In!
you sound like obama

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
you sound like obama
What's wrong with that?

Obama is the biggest celebrity in the world

He has hundreds of millions of people in LOVE with him

He must be saying something right!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
A few facts from that game back in November as I recall:
  • Laraque was dressed for that game
  • Komisarek and Lucic had a history together
  • Komisarek CHOSE to drop the gloves against Lucic
  • Unfortunately, Komo injured his shoulder during that fight and couldn't throw punches and for that reason, got his ass kicked
  • Lucic acted like an imbecile and Laraque took notes, as we all did
  • the next game, Laraque shadowed Lucic who showed his true colors, crapping his pants all night instead of facing the music
  • Julien, seeing the bad press his young player was taking, did what any coach would do in covering for his cowardness in saying that he told him not to fight
It alarms me how often I find myself agreeing with you lately.

Aside from Kovalev, I think we could get along quite well LOL

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Last change being one of the really big things too. And in this series last change with Chara on the Kovalev line is big.
That's why the key in this serie is our second line, Plek and AKost have to show up big time. As much as I like the Lappy's line, I don't think it can do all the job we want from a second line, mainly because of Kostopoulos, god that guy can't put a puck in a soccer net.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
My concern (well, it's not really a concern, just a note really) is that Laraque will be in the line-up, the Bruins won't try to intimidate the Habs and "fans" will start mistakenly thinking that he's not needed when in reality, the reason for the Bruins' quietness will be Laraque himself.
Laraque's influence is really over-rated around here. What he can bring can be useful if used correctly, but suggesting he can make a major difference in a game show a complete lack of understanding on how the game is played.

He was dressed when AK got sent head first into the boards vs. Phoenix early in the season.

He was dressed when Komi broke his hand fighting Lucic.

He was dressed when Markov and Schneider when down against the Leafs.

We're not going to win this series by out-hitting or out-gooning the Bruins, we're going to do it by playing disciplined hockey and scoring on our PP chances.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
It alarms me how often I find myself agreeing with you lately.

Aside from Kovalev, I think we could get along quite well LOL
One doesn't have to agree with others to respect their opinion. Although few see what I'm seeing in Kovy, it certainly isn't personal with anyone here. If only we could all see it that way.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Lucius

Quote:
One doesn't have to agree with others to respect their opinion. Although few see what I'm seeing in Kovy, it certainly isn't personal with anyone here. If only we could all see it that way.
LOL - Well, I imagine even you cannot be too upset with his last two weeks of the season. I imagine a lot of it is simply to do with him not playing that way every game.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Play Laraque on the 2nd line with akost and pleks. Sit D'ags and play dandy on the 4th line.

If not that, then don't play Laraque at all.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Laraque's influence is really over-rated around here. What he can bring can be useful if used correctly, but suggesting he can make a major difference in a game show a complete lack of understanding on how the game is played.

He was dressed when AK got sent head first into the boards vs. Phoenix early in the season.

He was dressed when Komi broke his hand fighting Lucic.

He was dressed when Markov and Schneider when down against the Leafs.

We're not going to win this series by out-hitting or out-gooning the Bruins, we're going to do it by playing disciplined hockey and scoring on our PP chances.
Few people seem to understand the role of an enforcer. He won't prevent hockey from happening! Players will still give bodychecks, players will still block shots, and injuries will occur.

But the impact of a guy like Laraque isn't always measurable as when he's in, it's what's NOT happening that's more important than what's happening and that, even when he doesn't drop the gloves. Again, I'll refer back to the cop analogy to make it better understood... Laraque is like a cop on highway patrol doing radar. He won't stop them all but his only presence will make that people will slow down seeing him!

When he was out of the line-up against the Leafs, Brad May was dictating the intimidation factor and even took on 5'8" Francis Bouillon. Laraque was dressed the next game and not only did he give him a licking, but May was a non-factor for future games. Yes, he did give Schneider a clean bodycheck which aggravated his injury but that was a hockey check and as mentioned, those will happen.

Lucic did fight Komisarek back in November as Komo didn't have to, but he CHOSE to drop the gloves due to a long history between the two. Laraque, the next game, went after him and guess what? He was a kitten out there and changed his name to Lucy.

Then the game against Boston. If you honestly believe that Thornton, Lucic and Chara would have acted the way they did had Laraque been on the ice or in the line-up, you are mistaken. They knew that nothing would happen and that's why they did it. Who's going to keep it from happening? Kostopoulos? Komisarek who was already injured in a fight earlier in the season? They KNEW that nothing would happen.

There's the Laraque effect for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
LOL - Well, I imagine even you cannot be too upset with his last two weeks of the season. I imagine a lot of it is simply to do with him not playing that way every game.
Absolutely! (or at least demonstrate the effort, like last year).

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
la25ecoupe

If SK is back, i would do:

SK74 - Plek - AK46
Lats - Laps - Dags

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Update over at Habs Inside Out on Bouillon and Lang. As for Lang, he was injured Feb.1 leaving him 2 weeks short, at this point, of the 12 week recovery window. The news is encouraging if the Habs were to go far in the playoffs. Won't see him in the 1st round.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/18951

Quote:
"Robert is now 10 weeks (yesterday) and counting (since being injured), which starts to get him close to the 12-week window. He looks better, he's walking better and his exercise regime has increased. There's progress there, there just isn't progress with skates on."

Gainey added that Lang has not yet skated

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote