HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lemaire as the new coach?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
  #76
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan* View Post
LOL ok there bud, he got to the playoffs 3 times out of 8. Great record. NO WE DON'T WANT THE TRAP MASTER thanks.
that's pretty impressive considering they were an expansion team.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
  #77
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,734
vCash: 500
Lemaire would be an amazing coach. He is really the perfect candidate. Bilingual, experienced and successful. Everywhere Lemaire has coached, success has followed. He can teach the best system in the league and I don't care if we don't play an exciting score off the rush system. I would much prefer a structured system where we don't turn the puck over and create offence based on forcing turnovers. I am not sure of somebody like Kovalev would buy into the system but we do have players who can work in that system.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
  #78
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
You can forget about Lemaire. Thanks to our media friends.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/272918.html

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
  #79
dd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You can forget about Lemaire. Thanks to our media friends.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/272918.html
Very interesting as he said he would not come to Montreal as a coach. Hmmmmm.
Can understand the reluctance of the private Lemaire to deal with the Montreal media after the game. As he says in the article, the media wants to know what kind of undergarments one wears.

Not sure if he would be a good GM for the Habs.

The plot will thicken after the playoffs!

dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:01 PM
  #80
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd View Post
I don't get it.
Seems like some would rather see many uninspired performances during the year, then a hard working team effort that may result in close games and defensive hockey.
The Devils and Wild have had a strong work ethic during Lemaire's stays. No slouches! It would be nice to know that the Habs would not be performing Jekyll and Hyde throughout the year.
A team can have a good work ethic AND play an attractive style of hockey. I don't think Lemaire will bring both. Just an opinion

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
  #81
fredez
Registered User
 
fredez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,416
vCash: 500
Interview by Pedneault

Yvon : Could the journey ("aventure") of coming back to Montreal interest you?
Lemaire : No thanks. (very definitive tone)

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:12 PM
  #82
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,189
vCash: 500
Watch him pull a Saban

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
  #83
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd get him just for our games against NJ. Then trap the **** out of them and see how they like it.

( and yes i know they don't play like that anymore)
Beauty!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
  #84
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Lemaire would be an amazing coach. He is really the perfect candidate. Bilingual, experienced and successful. Everywhere Lemaire has coached, success has followed. He can teach the best system in the league and I don't care if we don't play an exciting score off the rush system. I would much prefer a structured system where we don't turn the puck over and create offence based on forcing turnovers. I am not sure of somebody like Kovalev would buy into the system but we do have players who can work in that system.
i agree with you, but the thing that would concern me is personel...

higgins, pleks, lapierre, even maybe young guys like D'ago and Max Pac... I could see them buying in.

but the kost brothers and Lats, I don't know if they'd be able to handle it, while guys like Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu might decide they don't even want to bother and just sign somewhere else...

It could be the best thing for us in the long term, but I wouldn't be surprised if it cost us another 3-4-5 years to build the kind of roster that could really succeed under it. It was painful enough to watch this "5 year plan" implode...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
  #85
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd View Post
Very interesting as he said he would not come to Montreal as a coach. Hmmmmm.
Can understand the reluctance of the private Lemaire to deal with the Montreal media after the game. As he says in the article, the media wants to know what kind of undergarments one wears.

Not sure if he would be a good GM for the Habs.

The plot will thicken after the playoffs!
I might add, he never specifically said he would go ANYWHERE in hockey as a coach. The guy has been quite clear he'd get another job, not necessarily as coach.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
  #86
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
I want him as our new D coach. The guy has done wonders with the likes of Burn and Schultz in Minny. And that's not even talking about New Jersey. I'm thinking that he could help O'Byrne and all our young Dman greatly.

P.S.: I know he wouldn't take the job, but what the heck.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 02:38 PM
  #87
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
"À Montréal, ils veulent savoir quelle sorte de sous-vêtements vous portez avant les match", a dit Lemaire.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
  #88
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Interview by Pedneault

Yvon : Could the journey ("aventure") of coming back to Montreal interest you?
Lemaire : No thanks. (very definitive tone)
He left in the first place because of the media. So don't expect him to come to Montreal as a coach, an assistant-coach or a GM. He could come back in an administrative job, but beside that... no.

By the way, I noticed some writers here questioning his talent. Well if you can't recognize him as a good coach, I wonder who you see as a good one... and wonder if you have watch enough games to write on these boards.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
  #89
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
He left in the first place because of the media. So don't expect him to come to Montreal as a coach, an assistant-coach or a GM. He could come back in an administrative job, but beside that... no.

By the way, I noticed some writers here questioning his talent. Well if you can't recognize him as a good coach, I wonder who you see as a good one... and wonder if you have watch enough games to write on these boards.
Lemaire is a legend in New Jersey. He is credited with turning the team around and giving them a winning mentality. My guess is that he will return there, maybe as coach if Sutter packs it in after the season.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
  #90
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Ruff if he gets turfed in Buffalo?

DOES HE KNOW FRENCH!?!?

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
  #91
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
We don't have the proper players for a Lemaire system.

I want Lindy Ruff!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
  #92
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You can forget about Lemaire. Thanks to our media friends.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/272918.html
.......Next......

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 04:20 PM
  #93
C4KOMI
 
C4KOMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

in english, lemaire says no.
last parafgraph.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
  #94
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Here's the bottom line:

He is the best coach available this summer.



Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
  #95
koivu
Registered User
 
koivu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
he would be great coach, boring yes - but winning.
but i dont blame him for not wanting to face media after every game.

he probably would be fine if he could have someone like kirk muller only talk to the team - and he could just focus on coaching - but that would never fly in MTL

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
  #96
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Here's the bottom line:

He is the best coach available this summer.


and he doesnt want the job here .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.