HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Charles Rogers done for reason

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
OT: Charles Rogers done for reason

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/7677374

thought for once id throw a little off-topic in here

This is going to be Williams time to shine...

Old
09-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Grift69

Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
Hopefully after the surgery he wont have any more collarbone problems. Chuckie really needs to start drinkin more milk too. Anyone else think there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the strengh and conditioning coach of the lions, the injury's have been rediculous the past couple years and you really think there would be some way to fix that.

Old
09-14-2004, 02:41 AM
AVE MAN

I was so disapointed to hear this. I had high hopes for Rodgers and picked him quite high in my fantasy draft. I dropped him today and picked up Roy Williams of the waiver wire. Will Williams produce to the level of Rodgers?

Old
09-14-2004, 07:41 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
I was so disapointed to hear this. I had high hopes for Rodgers and picked him quite high in my fantasy draft. I dropped him today and picked up Roy Williams of the waiver wire. Will Williams produce to the level of Rodgers?
Tough to say but he showed some flashes on Sunday. I did the same thing. Picked up Williams on the Waiver wire.

Old
09-14-2004, 08:16 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

does Rodgers=glass? Is this going to be an ongoing thing with him?

Old
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
does Rodgers=glass? Is this going to be an ongoing thing with him?
In his defense the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in the body. Hopefully the surgery will be able to keep this from becoming a chronic problem. One thing we did learn though is that Chuckie needs to learn to drink his milk at every meal.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:19 PM
doublejack

I think Rodgers is going to be the next Grant Hill. When Mooch announced this morning that Chucky was going under the knife and was lost for the season, he also hinted at the possibility that he'll be out even longer or possibly never be able to play. I don't recall his exact words, but it was something along the lines of "not knowing Rodgers' availability for next season".

So yes, I believe he is Mr. Glass and will never have a productive pro career because he's so injury prone.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
I think Rodgers is going to be the next Grant Hill. When Mooch announced this morning that Chucky was going under the knife and was lost for the season, he also hinted at the possibility that he'll be out even longer or possibly never be able to play. I don't recall his exact words, but it was something along the lines of "not knowing Rodgers' availability for next season".

So yes, I believe he is Mr. Glass and will never have a productive pro career because he's so injury prone.
Honestly what do you expect when you draft a WR that looks like he weights 145 lbs.

Old
09-14-2004, 05:20 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grift69
Honestly what do you expect when you draft a WR that looks like he weights 145 lbs.
I totally agree that Rodgers has a slight build and that's part of his durability problem... but Jerry Rice and Randy Moss aren't exactly built like the Incredible Hulk. I think even if Rodgers made some friends at Balco and took the Barry Bonds route to body building he'd still be injury plagued. To make an analogy of it - even the strongest of buildings on a weak foundation is going to be damaged easily.

It's too bad Rodgers has brittle bones, because he truly could have been the next Moss. He's got all the skills, and the few times he played in the pre season this year he always made something spectacular happen.

Old
09-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
I totally agree that Rodgers has a slight build and that's part of his durability problem... but Jerry Rice and Randy Moss aren't exactly built like the Incredible Hulk. I think even if Rodgers made some friends at Balco and took the Barry Bonds route to body building he'd still be injury plagued. To make an analogy of it - even the strongest of buildings on a weak foundation is going to be damaged easily.

It's too bad Rodgers has brittle bones, because he truly could have been the next Moss. He's got all the skills, and the few times he played in the pre season this year he always made something spectacular happen.
There are things that can be done to prevent the bone problems though. He has a good body frame its just that he needs to build upon that frame. The problem with him building on that frame is him being able to keep his speed while throwing on more weight, its something that has to be done extremely slow. Theres still hope, he's extremely young and we'll see what happens after the surgery.

Old
09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grift69
Hopefully after the surgery he wont have any more collarbone problems. Chuckie really needs to start drinkin more milk too. Anyone else think there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the strengh and conditioning coach of the lions, the injury's have been rediculous the past couple years and you really think there would be some way to fix that.
i heard they interviewed the old LA kings conditioning coach...

Closed Thread