HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we resign Komisarek this off season?

View Poll Results: Do we resign Komisarek this off season?
Yes, keep Komi a Hab 119 84.40%
No, better cheaper options out there 22 15.60%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Travis Moen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Devulous, dutchy29, fifi, GNick42, IrishPaulie, jason allison'fans, Jean-Guy Drouin, Macs, Magic33, missthenet, Steadfast, THECHFAN, Tom Kostopoulos, Toro, vokiel all need to be clubbed and thrown rocks at.
Why? Because I don't want to pay 6-7 millions for Komi? Because this is what he'll get on the market... People who think that he'll sign for 3 or 4 millions are deluded.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Devulous, dutchy29, fifi, GNick42, IrishPaulie, jason allison'fans, Jean-Guy Drouin, Macs, Magic33, missthenet, Steadfast, THECHFAN, Tom Kostopoulos, Toro, vokiel all need to be clubbed and thrown rocks at.
Now I'm not going to vote.

I think he should be resigned at a reasonable, medium (not long) term contract.

Since the poll isn't clear, I'm not going to vote. I don't want rocks thrown at me

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
It's like asking yourself: Should Buffalo have signed Campbell at 7.5M?

Of course they're not as good as they were with Campbell, but they are in better position to move on without such a heavy contract for an overrated player. Buffalo doesn't have to worry about it anymore, and now you see the Blackhawks already regretting the contract.

Clubbing and throwing rocks is not fun

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
From an outside perspective, I can't see the Habs blueline without Komisarek. He is the only real physical force back there, and he's good for the rivalry, which is always a plus.

Downside is the Isles are going to have another young stud through this draft, and they have money to spend. The can afford to overpay Komisarek, not to mention he's a Long Island kid IIRC. That's tough to match.

I think for him to stay in Montreal he'll have to agree to take a little less, but the Habs will still have to pay around $4.5-5M a year. One other thing that would help would be the Isles losing the lottery, having Tavares go first and then being able to pick Hedman. With Hedman they'd be less likely to go for Komisarek.

I'd say that if I'm Montreal, I'd do everything I could, within reason, to keep Komisarek on the D corps.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
On this Easter weekend, allow me to quote a man I have to out most respect for:

"Let the one among you without sin cast the first stone."

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
From an outside perspective, I can't see the Habs blueline without Komisarek. He is the only real physical force back there, and he's good for the rivalry, which is always a plus.

Downside is the Isles are going to have another young stud through this draft, and they have money to spend. The can afford to overpay Komisarek, not to mention he's a Long Island kid IIRC. That's tough to match.

I think for him to stay in Montreal he'll have to agree to take a little less, but the Habs will still have to pay around $4.5-5M a year. One other thing that would help would be the Isles losing the lottery, having Tavares go first and then being able to pick Hedman. With Hedman they'd be less likely to go for Komisarek.

I'd say that if I'm Montreal, I'd do everything I could, within reason, to keep Komisarek on the D corps.
But he is a coward turtle

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
But he is a coward turtle
Hey, I don't like him. I'd go so far as to say I hate him, but he's a good defenseman.

The other aspects of his game, or lack thereof, are up for debate, but not in here. If I'm the Habs, I know I need to keep him.

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

He had a horrible season to say the least if he gets greedy we should let him walk. Hes a one dimensional type of player, throwing a long term contract with ridiculous money at him would be a mistake. Look where those kind of teams stand in the standings. Atlanta (Hainsey) NYI (Streit) Toronto (Finger) etc.. You never see good teams like SJ or Detroit do that kind of stuff thats why they're good teams year after year. 3 years at 4M would be fair for both sides, I think.

Bialo Czerwoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Hey, I don't like him. I'd go so far as to say I hate him, but he's a good defenseman.

The other aspects of his game, or lack thereof, are up for debate, but not in here. If I'm the Habs, I know I need to keep him.
I think that all of us agree that we want (need) to keep him. Where it varies though, it's in his worth salary-wise.

Because of his lack of offensive skills, I predict that he'll re-sign for about $3.5 - $4 million range with us. He's said before that he likes it here, he loved that we asked him to come behind the bench during his injury, that we gave him the "A" on his jersey, and Gainey has said earlier this year that he wants him back. The last time we've hear/read that kind of commotion was when Markov was scheduled to become a UFA and we all know what happened... I'm not worried.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Twister mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Who the hell would say no?

Devulous, dutchy29, fifi, GNick42, IrishPaulie, jason allison'fans, Jean-Guy Drouin, Macs, Magic33, Markovskaya, missthenet, Steadfast, THECHFAN, Tom Kostopoulos, Toro, vokiel

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:28 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
heard this morning he's looking for big $$$ from the Islanders.
oh really that's quite interesting, considering

1) young UFA's usually go to teams that have a chance of winning
which the isles are years away from and morei mportantly

2) on two broadcasts in a row of isles games - which i sadly have watched, the announcers talked over and over again about wang not putting a cent into the UFA market this year until their arena / lighthouse project is resolved. which might never happen.

3) everyone knows the isles always have to overpay for ANY ufa they sign (see mark streit, who at the time no one was dishing out that money for) you think canadiens have to overpay? no one wants to sign on long island - as joel bouchard -who played for them - has talked about

so even if komi does walk, the isles will have to seriously overpay, and not only that, in a market with the lowest attendance in the NHL, low revenue and an arena project on hold that might force them to relocate.....where will they have the money?

you make zero sense. they will not blow up their team budget for him. a philly/NJ/TO/Was scenario is far more likely if he walks

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Of course we should re-sign him, just not over 4.5m. I wish he signed at a home "discount" for 3.5 (I think it is his actual worth). He's one of the best checkers and shot blockers but his game with the puck is on par with a 6 or 7th d. Luckily we have Markov (one of the best with the puck) to complement him but any team overpaying and expecting him to be a no1 D would have a nasty surprise.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Why? Because I don't want to pay 6-7 millions for Komi? Because this is what he'll get on the market... People who think that he'll sign for 3 or 4 millions are deluded.
What else is in your crystal ball.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

no way he is overated

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:12 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
no way he is overated
is that:

no way he is overrated

or

no way, he is overrated

lol

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
STAALing

Quote:
^^this. HUGE rocks. Also bump.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
HabsInsideOut

Will Komisarek resign?

I spend most of my time on the main boards so forgive if this has been discussed before but I wanna know what other people think. If Koivu is gone he could very well be the next captain but would he want to sign here. I've heard suggestions (pure speculation) that he would sign with the Islanders, which would take the intense spotlight off of him playing on Long Island. I know he must be one of Montreal's top priorities this offseason, but will Mike Komisarek sign with the Canadiens, especially after a season like this? Again sorry if this has been discussed already.

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
momotan

If BG is still GM, then not a chance. They are gonna make an offer based on his performance, his agent is gonna tell him he may as well test the market and see if there is a better offer out there. Obviously there will be. We all know that a GM will make a crazy offer that would be totally stupid to turn down.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Clumsyhab

I don't want him for more than 3.5M. A couple of big hits here and there doesn't make you a 4M+ player.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
habtastic

I thought him and BG had a pretty good relationship. I don't think Komi is the kind of guy to look at his season and not see that he had a **** one and a lot of this team's disappointment falls on his shoulders. I think he will re-sign. He's a fan favourite here and I think he knows that he's part of the core. I really hope the team doesn't get bought over by people with a pro-french agenda...we will then we worse off than the leafs. French owner is fine, as long as all he cares about is winning.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
TheCH*

I really doubt he signs here.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

Offer 3-4 million, if he doesnt like it walk, his play has been disgusting and downright embarrassing. This guy is not a top 2 Dman and doesn't deserve that kind of salary.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM
LeMAD

Komisarek is still a worthy NHLer. I don't see why he would resign.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Hopefully, he's hiding an injury, because I honestly can't believe how terrible he's been this year....he's a giveway machine of Briseboisian proportions.

He has never been the same since Lucic pounded him.

If he gives the Habs a hometown discount, keep him, otherwise, let him walk.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
momotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I don't want him for more than 3.5M. A couple of big hits here and there doesn't make you a 4M+ player.
Exactly, but a GM out there will make a 5M+ offer to him in free agency, so why would he take a pay cut? Do you see any agents telling there player take a cut? It's gonna take big money to keep him. If it's a new GM then maybe. If it's BG, it's not gonna happen.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote