HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lucic Myth

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2009, 01:59 AM
SakuKovalev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock42 View Post
He definitely went over the top but you need to realize that it was a 20 year old kid who just dominated an established NHL agitator on home ice, I'm pretty sure anyone would be pumped after that.
Well, 20 year old kid or not, I consider it bragging about how strong you are

Old
04-14-2009, 02:05 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
I'm not suggesting he shadows him the entire time, but if used properly this is, IMO, something we should use at our advantage...
It didn't really seem to work the first time you guys pulled it. What makes you think it will work this time?

P.S. the Habs players aren't soft (well most of them). They're system is. I think that's where us Bruins fans get confused. You guys just play your style and it works for you. Cool.

As for Lucic. He's just a kid with emotions. It's tough being in Boston and being called the next Cam Neely and ya you guys hate him for his stupid antics, his passoniate play against you and his fire. But every team has that guy. Yours is Carey Price, the next Patrick Roy, and we hate him for his stupid routine glove save flourishes he loves to do, and for the fact he is a top of the line future premier goalie. These kids have a lot of pressure on them. Especially Price. And they get emotional ...can you blame them?

Call Lucic what you want. But it's the fans that hype him. Not himself. He's a humble guy (off the ice lol).

Old
04-14-2009, 02:12 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Lucic is not the heavyweight enforcer that many Habs fan seem to build him up to be.

Lucic is a 20 year old kid who had more points this year than:

Andrei Kostitsyn
Alex Tanguay
Thomas Plekenac
etc etc (everyone on the Habs except for markov/kovalev/koivu.

of course a skill player is going to pick his spots to fight. Lucic in the box for 5 minutes hurts his team because unlike Laraque, Lucic actually knows how to play hockey and is an offensive threat.
Considering Tanguay play 22 fewer games and was only 1 point behind the great Lucic it is safe to say that he would have had more points than him which makes it a poor comparison....Same goes for Lang.

Saying he had more points than Andrei Kostitsyn and Plekanec is a valid point as both of these guys played like crap this year, especially Plekanec...

Old
04-14-2009, 02:12 AM
SakuKovalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
It didn't really seem to work the first time you guys pulled it. What makes you think it will work this time?

P.S. the Habs players aren't soft (well most of them). They're system is. I think that's where us Bruins fans get confused. You guys just play your style and it works for you. Cool.

As for Lucic. He's just a kid with emotions. It's tough being in Boston and being called the next Cam Neely and ya you guys hate him for his stupid antics, his passoniate play against you and his fire. But every team has that guy. Yours is Carey Price, the next Patrick Roy, and we hate him for his stupid routine glove save flourishes he loves to do, and for the fact he is a top of the line future premier goalie. These kids have a lot of pressure on them. Especially Price. And they get emotional ...can you blame them?

Call Lucic what you want. But it's the fans that hype him. Not himself. He's a humble guy (off the ice lol).
Look again at the fight against Komisare and tell me he's humble...lol

Old
04-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb231 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO56PaJOj8E

Witt is 2 inches shorter and a bit heavier, didn't pick his spot, and easily won
this fight was nothing more then lucic not liking being played hard in front of the net ,and as soon as his team scores he acts like a retard and punchs witt in the face when he gets close . Him winning against Witt isn't something great lol Witt is getting pretty old ,and he's not really a top fighter .

Old
04-14-2009, 02:18 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
this fight was nothing more then lucic not liking being played hard in front of the net ,and as soon as his team scores he acts like a retard and punch witt in the face when he gets close . Him winning against Witt isn't something great lol Witt is getting pretty old ,and he's not really a top fighter .
But Lucy wasn't picking his spot .... Game's 5-2 out of reach no reason to fight but oh ya I think I can take the old guy so sure lets have a go. BTW weren't those pretty much the same circumstance he turned BGL down on and he used the score in the game as an excuse ... he's a baby, he'll be owned and outed in this series.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:19 AM
wcb231*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
this fight was nothing more then lucic not liking being played hard in front of the net ,and as soon as his team scores he acts like a retard and punchs witt in the face when he gets close . Him winning against Witt isn't something great lol Witt is getting pretty old ,and he's not really a top fighter .
Witt literally skated right over to Lucic. Take off the blanc et rouge glasses

Old
04-14-2009, 02:20 AM
nighthawk57

Quote:
He definitely went over the top but you need to realize that it was a 20 year old kid who just dominated an established NHL agitator on home ice, I'm pretty sure anyone would be pumped after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZbN...eature=related

Ok you won the fight,no need to do your stupid bragging screams.When you act like that,20y.o or not,expect that next time,when the real tough guy come after you,you will have to answer you acts.Drop'em,and show everyone how tough you really are.

Now the head drop he did on komi last game just confirm that this guy need a good lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPJPcJjiwM

Clarkson asks to go, Lucic obliges.

Nothing impressive there,especially from a bigger and "tougher"guy than clarkson.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
Witt literally skated right over to Lucic. Take off the blanc et rouge glasses
lol ok I guess I'm blinded or something because why would Witt head that way for oh wait the Bench is that way go figure , and you can clearly see lucic didn't care about going and celebrating the goal he wanted to punch Witt and fight. But then again I have these awesome glasses that make me see things ;-)

Old
04-14-2009, 02:35 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Komisarek is a shutdown defensemen. If I hit you 3 times a game me alone, I'm going to agitate you whether I want to or not.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:43 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
When are you going to add something to the discussion other than insults? You are embarrassing your fanbase. The Bruins fans have brought links, lists, stats, and all you've done is call Lucic a baby and insult everyone who has a counterpoint. Until you bring some analysis to the discussion, you're useless.
What i find interesting is that you come on our board and try and change our minds about Lucic. I've not personally insulted one of you as you have to me. I started a thread on our board and most of the commentary has been by trolls. My mind hasn't been changed, in fact it's strengthened. The real tragedy is that most of the Bruins fans aren't able to see the other side of the coin. When I say it's like talking to a bunch of rocks, I mean yeah ok we'll give you that you've got a good team good stats, yay I'm excited for you, but bring something new to the table. I won't try to defend Komi's hit, never have, never will but you (the majority of trolling bruins fans) seem to think that being 20 is an excuse to mug the guy from behind. All I've seen is a long line of well ya it was stupid but hey he's 20 and it was in the heat of the moment. Like that all of a sudden rationalizes it. He I understand it's frustrating to not win the cup in a while. It's been 15 years for us and its a pain in the ass I can only imagine what it's like to go 37 years. Cripes I'd be looking everywhere for something that looks solid to hold onto. Lucic is a demigod to them and woohoo I'm glad for you. He'd look good in any uniform. What I''m saying is that the PR machine of the Bruins have turned this moderate talent, moderate fighter into a cult figure. I'm not buying it, and I hope we're able to expose it. If not ... hey the world keeps turning and we'll be back.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:46 AM
LyricalLyricist

I honestly don't find Lucic that amazing. He's good, knows his role and plays it well. He's not that dirty, and he's not a heavyweight but he's good at what he does do. If there is a dirty guy in boston, it's chara IMO. Other than that, stop complaining, any of us would take Lucic on our team and any smart bruins fan would love komisarek on theirs.

The only thing habs fans hate about Lucic is if he wants to add like a big boy, he's gotta at least, show up. Brad may fought Boullion, laraque asked him, May knew he would get a beating but said yes. Sometimes it's just about showing up. Laraque would destroy him, but if anyone honestly believes Lucic has a chance, they're insane, but wtv, he's not supposed to have a chance, he's supposed to lose, and once he does, everyone can get on with their lives. When i say supposed to, I mean, it's BGL, as habs fans we see no heavyweight every even has a chance, why would Lucic be any different?

Old
04-14-2009, 02:48 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I honestly don't find Lucic that amazing. He's good, knows his role and plays it well. He's not that dirty, and he's not a heavyweight but he's good at what he does do. If there is a dirty guy in boston, it's chara IMO. Other than that, stop complaining, any of us would take Lucic on our team and any smart bruins fan would love komisarek on theirs.

The only thing habs fans hate about Lucic is if he wants to add like a big boy, he's gotta at least, show up. Brad may fought Boullion, laraque asked him, May knew he would get a beating but said yes. Sometimes it's just about showing up. Laraque would destroy him, but if anyone honestly believes Lucic has a chance, they're insane, but wtv, he's not supposed to have a chance, he's supposed to lose, and once he does, everyone can get on with their lives. When i say supposed to, I mean, it's BGL, as habs fans we see no heavyweight every even has a chance, why would Lucic be any different?
Well said.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:50 AM
PJStock42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Lucic had more points this season than Brad May has had in his past 9 seasons....

Lucic is not a fighter, he's an offensively gifted player who is not adverse to fighting. Putting him in the same league as Laraque/Brad May is just asinine.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Considering Tanguay play 22 fewer games and was only 1 point behind the great Lucic it is safe to say that he would have had more points than him which makes it a poor comparison....Same goes for Lang.

Saying he had more points than Andrei Kostitsyn and Plekanec is a valid point as both of these guys played like crap this year, especially Plekanec...
No, I got a better one: Lucic, 9th in scoring on a high scoring team, also had more points and more than twice the goals of Patrice Bergeron. Lucic>>>>>Bergeron!!11! And wait, Chuck Kobasew had even more goals than Lucic. Kobasew>>Lucic>>>>>Bergeron!!11! Talk about cherry picking stats.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Speaking of talking to rocks, I just said in this thread that I think what Lucic did to Komisarek on Thurs was wrong.
Yeah, it was wrong, but since he's your boy, the Habs player deserved it 'cause he was asking for it. Numerous times Habs players have been labeled this and that for LIFE due to one incident (and don't come to me with the Bruins board definition of "cheapshot", 'cause most of that stuff happens ever game in rinks around the league... just out of the sniper scope view of Hab hunting Bruins fans), but that's par for the course over there, I guess.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:56 AM
PJStock42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, it was wrong, but since he's your boy, the Habs player deserved it 'cause he was asking for it. Numerous times Habs players have been labeled this and that for LIFE due to one incident (and don't come to me with the Bruins board definition of "cheapshot", 'cause most of that stuff happens ever game in rinks around the league... just out of the sniper scope view of Hab hunting Bruins fans), but that's par for the course over there, I guess.
Wow, way to put words into my mouth. I say something THAT WE AGREE ON yet you append it with something i never said so that I look like a troll.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:56 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Speaking of talking to rocks, I just said in this thread that I think what Lucic did to Komisarek on Thurs was wrong.
Yes you did, unfortunately I put you on ignore after the trolling pictures and ding dings, so I didn't see it. However my original point still stands the VAST majority of you make excuses for his actions.

Thanks for the comment.

Old
04-14-2009, 02:57 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I'm not baby sitting this thread all night.

- Ken Dryden

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-14-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Closed Thread