HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray anyone?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2009, 04:37 AM
  #1
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 500
Souray anyone?

Rumour on the trade board that Souray wants out of Edmonton.

it hasn't been confirmed or denied by Souray or the Oilers, and the source is an Edm hockey writer posting on a blog, so chances are that the story isn't true, but...

If he is available, do you want him back, and what would you be willing to give up to get him?

for me, I'd wanted him 100%. Even if it means having a D that costs around 23M, i think he brings the perfect package of what we are missing back there (PP Shot, physical play/toughness, leadership).

to Edm:
Kost
Kost Jr
Halak

to Mtl:
Souray
O'Sullivan

it's not great for us from a cap pov (we add ~3.5M), but with the flexibility we have this summer given all our UFA's, we can make it work.
Edm gets two young dynamic wingers to play with Gagner/Cogliano, and a potential #1 goalie solution, plus the added cap relief (perhaps to make a run at JBo?)

for us, next season, our D would easily be one of the top 2-3 units in the league:

Markov-Komi
Hamrlik-Souray
Gorges-O'Byrne
weber/carle

if Gainey can get Koivu/Tanguay/Kovalev to re-sign for a little less than their previous deals, we should still be able to fit all three

Tanguay- Koivu- Kovalev
Higgins- Plekanec- O'Sullivan
Max Pac- Lapierre- Lats
Stewart- Metro- Kosto
laraque/chipchura
Chipchura

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
  #2
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Errr no not at that financial or player price.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
  #3
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Rumour on the trade board that Souray wants out of Edmonton.

it hasn't been confirmed or denied by Souray or the Oilers, and the source is an Edm hockey writer posting on a blog, so chances are that the story isn't true, but...

If he is available, do you want him back, and what would you be willing to give up to get him?

for me, I'd wanted him 100%. Even if it means having a D that costs around 23M, i think he brings the perfect package of what we are missing back there (PP Shot, physical play/toughness, leadership).

to Edm:
Kost
Kost Jr
Halak

to Mtl:
Souray
O'Sullivan

it's not great for us from a cap pov (we add ~3.5M), but with the flexibility we have this summer given all our UFA's, we can make it work.
Edm gets two young dynamic wingers to play with Gagner/Cogliano, and a potential #1 goalie solution, plus the added cap relief (perhaps to make a run at JBo?)

for us, next season, our D would easily be one of the top 2-3 units in the league:

Markov-Komi
Hamrlik-Souray
Gorges-O'Byrne
weber/carle

if Gainey can get Koivu/Tanguay/Kovalev to re-sign for a little less than their previous deals, we should still be able to fit all three

Tanguay- Koivu- Kovalev
Higgins- Plekanec- O'Sullivan
Max Pac- Lapierre- Lats
Stewart- Metro- Kosto
laraque/chipchura
Chipchura

checkout post #44

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=629224&page=2

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 05:25 AM
  #4
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
For what he makes Souray would hurt our team going forward.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 05:44 AM
  #5
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
I like we should NOT GET LECAVALIER!!!!!!!
Sign Gaborik
Trade for Kovalchuk
Sign Beauchemin or Bergeron

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 06:25 AM
  #6
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
For what he makes Souray would hurt our team going forward.
That is what worries me especially with the need to sign Komi etc.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 06:30 AM
  #7
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I like we should NOT GET LECAVALIER!!!!!!!
Sign Gaborik
Trade for Kovalchuk
Sign Beauchemin or Bergeron
Kovy is not available and Bergeron is not UFA.

But I would try getting Burrows and Bernier before Vinny.

Canucks lose the Sedins, we offer them the Kosti Bros and they give us Burrows and Bernier.

And then we sign the Sedins in a Holland-like contract.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 06:56 AM
  #8
juggernaut
Registered User
 
juggernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Kovy is not available and Bergeron is not UFA.

But I would try getting Burrows and Bernier before Vinny.

Canucks lose the Sedins, we offer them the Kosti Bros and they give us Burrows and Bernier.

And then we sign the Sedins in a Holland-like contract.
I think he meant Marc-Andre Bergeron.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 07:03 AM
  #9
hab4life
Registered User
 
hab4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
The contract is too much, especially with the cap being cut back. We would be better served to go after a comprable FA.

hab4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 07:07 AM
  #10
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Kovy is not available and Bergeron is not UFA.

But I would try getting Burrows and Bernier before Vinny.

Canucks lose the Sedins, we offer them the Kosti Bros and they give us Burrows and Bernier.

And then we sign the Sedins in a Holland-like contract.
I'm glad you're not GM if you would trade both Kostystyns for Burrows and Bernier.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
  #11
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
If we could swap him for Hamrlik sure....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 07:49 AM
  #12
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
The same dudes at chfans who had the Lecavalier rumours in November (before anyone else) have also stated that Bob tried to lure Souray back at the All Star break, and Sheldon refused.

Looks he is still bitter about being low balled by Bob/

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 07:49 AM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn would be really interesting for the Oilers......I know Sam Gagner might tell them to do that trade.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:03 AM
  #14
chris96
Registered User
 
chris96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If we could swap him for Hamrlik sure....
exactly what i was thinking sir!

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
  #15
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The same dudes at chfans who had the Lecavalier rumours in November (before anyone else) have also stated that Bob tried to lure Souray back at the All Star break, and Sheldon refused.

Looks he is still bitter about being low balled by Bob/
I call BS. That would be unethical on Bob's part and we know Bob doesn't swing that way.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
  #16
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
WE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PYLONS

(not everyone will get that one)

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
  #17
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The same dudes at chfans who had the Lecavalier rumours in November (before anyone else) have also stated that Bob tried to lure Souray back at the All Star break, and Sheldon refused.

Looks he is still bitter about being low balled by Bob/
Bullcrap, Bob us not stupid and would never risk tampering, especially for Souray.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
  #18
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If we could swap him for Hamrlik sure....
no questions asked...I'd do it

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
  #19
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
WE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PYLONS

(not everyone will get that one)

I loled

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:42 AM
  #20
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The same dudes at chfans who had the Lecavalier rumours in November (before anyone else) have also stated that Bob tried to lure Souray back at the All Star break, and Sheldon refused.

Looks he is still bitter about being low balled by Bob/
Really? chfans is a reputable source now? And there have been Lecavalier to Montreal rumours since he was drafted, I can't imagine why

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:50 AM
  #21
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Bullcrap, Bob us not stupid and would never risk tampering, especially for Souray.
I am assuming he went through the Oilers and got permission.

If these 'trade me' rumours are true, then I am sure it's nothing recent ..

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
  #22
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Some people here have short memories. Hamrlik >*Souray, and it's not even close. I'll keep Hamrlik over Souray.

What we need is better players to come out of our drafting, not reaching for older players like we have the past 2 years.

Here's hoping McDonaugh or Subban can do it. They're the only 2 players with a legitimate chance of cracking our top 4 in the near future to complete Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik.

Gorges and Bouillon(O'Byrne in the future) will be perfect for a bottom pairing.

Enough of this non-sense...

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
  #23
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
WE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PYLONS

(not everyone will get that one)
Starcraft...nice one!

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
  #24
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
WE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PYLONS

(not everyone will get that one)
we require more vespene Gas

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
  #25
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 500
I really find it hard to believe that people think souray makes too much...

he's one of the top offensive dmen in the league, and while he has his deficiencies on defense, he brings an element of toughness/leadership that many of the other premier offensive defensmen in the league just don't have.

5.4M cap hit for Souray is more than reasonable, and is a lot better than Hamrlik's cap hit. How much do people think a 20+ goal scoring dman who plays 25 minutes/game and brings a physical precense is worth?

frankly, if you do the math, adding souray's cap hit really wouldn't be too difficult when you consider that many of the "bad" contracts the habs have are now finished with (dandy, bouillion, brisebois, lang, tanguay, koivu...), and the key RFA's we need to re-sign are not due for huge raises.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.