HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Man, Stock's a ******

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
C4KOMI

vCash: 500
Attachment 33708

Last edited by C4KOMI: 10-28-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

PJ stock is funny on 110%

Old
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Habs in 4.

Old
04-15-2009, 12:07 AM
panayiotis

12 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
Watching the CBC preview show and a Habs fan asks him about how the physical players will factor into the series and Stock immediately says Montreal has two players like this, Boston has seven.

These smug "Canadian" Boston homers will be the death of me. Why do they have an all-Boston panel on this stupid channel?
Who cares what this bed wetter says about anything. Anybody who gets in a lather about this boobs speak is nuts. Obviously the cbc hired him to prove that they will hire any fool. cheery was not enough. It does not take a rocket scientist to semize the habs are in tough. With Markov and Schneider in various stages of whatever. And Price too stoned to care about anything.... But Boston seems to always hold against the habs..anyways ..life will go on...

Old
04-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

PJ may be a bruins homer and put the habs down from time to time, with a comment like that, but he gives credit where credit is due. That's more than what can be said about some habs fans.

They show no respect, or even acknowledge another team and when Montréal losses they're the first to say they suck and everything should be stripped down.

A lot of you may hate Stock, but my hatred towards some fellow habs is a lot stronger. They're the people you should really be pissed with.

Old
04-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
bruins got

Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Montador, Hnidy, Stuart, and i guess Bitz but i think Bitz is a bit of a puss. Ward and Wideman can dish it out too

Old
04-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstars31 View Post
bruins got

Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Montador, Hnidy, Stuart, and i guess Bitz but i think Bitz is a bit of a puss. Ward and Wideman can dish it out too
I don,t think Bitz will even play. He's got heart, but almost no ability. Though, I guess the bruins still have 2, or 3 players our, so he might still be in the lineup.

As for Wideman. Eh...I think you guys would rather him wire a shot, than throw a check. also, if you include, you can include Markov. He doesn't really do it A LOT, but he can throw a solid hit from time to time.

I remember watching Metro play for the bruins, last year and this year with the flyers and remember him being pretty physical especially, since it's on the small end. He hasn't really shown that same physicality as before, but in the last few games he's picked it up, so I'm hoping he continues to be like that. Metro is a feel good story. I'm glad he's still in the NHL.

Andrei (and Sergei) can throw good hits too. Though, Andrei does it less and usually only when he's a little mad.

Last edited by Analyzer: 04-15-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old
04-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock42 View Post
To be honest, PJ really isnt a good analyst, he stutters A LOT and always seems disorganized.

However, he is entertaining and speaks his mind. Part of me thinks CBC is grooming him to be the next Don Cherry.
I hope not. I enjoy Cherry, even when he is babbling nonsense.

but PJ stock just isn't very good. He is CBC's appeal to a younger generation but he fails miserably at it.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:17 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I hope not. I enjoy Cherry, even when he is babbling nonsense.

but PJ stock just isn't very good. He is CBC's appeal to a younger generation but he fails miserably at it.
Don Cherry till death. His suits are the only reason my wife let's me watch hockey on Saturday nights. She gets a kick out of them.

She also hates Stock.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Bob Cole and Greg Millen describing the on-ice action. Does it get any better? I say no.
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that true? CBC is the only way I can see them in hi-def. Fudge!

Old
04-15-2009, 04:31 AM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
"X" is famous for their ring - a cheap dig here from a rival Acadia AxeMan - but St. Francis can't be too proud of this idiot!! The CBC seems to be accumulating a lot of ...... ummmmm "talent" lately!! .... and they let Chris Cuthbert go?????????

(BTW PJ was an X-Men in the AUAA)

Last edited by AcadiaAxeMan: 04-15-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old
04-15-2009, 04:35 AM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that true? CBC is the only way I can see them in hi-def. Fudge!
.....add Gary Galley (for his personality) and Cassie Campbell (for her ???) and we'd have one hell of a broadcast team for the series!!! (refer to "talent" mentioned in above thread!!)

Old
04-15-2009, 04:38 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Who are the seven players?
Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Byron Bitz (love that name), Wheeler...

Canadiens have two: Laraque, Komisarek, Lapierre, Kostopoulos, Stewart... yeah, that's 2.
I was watching a couple of different sports shows yesterday and all of them, including Kypreos who knows a little something about the rough stuff, says Boston has 3 "tough" players in Chara, Thorton and Lucic after that not so much. I don't think they physical game will be as much of a factor as some make it out to be.

Old
04-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Who are the seven players?
Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Byron Bitz (love that name), Wheeler...

Canadiens have two: Laraque, Komisarek, Lapierre, Kostopoulos, Stewart... yeah, that's 2.

Latendresse, most hits and hardest hitter up front.

Wheeler doesn't hit much, Kostystyn is more physical than him.

Old
04-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The reason Boston finished 1st has little to do with the physical game. They have a few physical players but there are a lot of teams I consider more physical than them. They put on a clown show last time there but with BGL dressed and it being the playoffs, none of that will happen.

The edge Boston has on us is their key guys are all healthy, while we'll play minus Markov(huge loss) and Lang, plus their defensive and goaltending game has been much better this year.

Old
04-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I see a lot of homerism in this thread!

I think we can compete but it's hard disagreeing with him given the amount of abuse we received last game. Every Boston players could have cut our heads off and none of our guys had the stomac to do anything. All we have right now that can strike back is Laraque. And he cannot play on all the lines. Heck he can hardly play on one. Right now when we look at this series and both teams, it seem like the Habs are lambs going to the slaughterhouse. And we should put the blame on management for that.

That said, Habs in 7.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:07 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I see a lot of homerism in this thread!

I think we can compete but it's hard disagreeing with him given the amount of abuse we received last game. Every Boston players could have cut our heads off and none of our guys had the stomac to do anything. All we have right now that can strike back is Laraque. And he cannot play on all the lines. Heck he can hardly play on one. Right now when we look at this series and both teams, it seem like the Habs are lambs going to the slaughterhouse. And we should put the blame on management for that.

That said, Habs in 7.
I don't see how we were physically dominated last game. I see it more like our players being smart and not taking stupid penalties while retaliating. We came very close to winning and with some smarter defensive play winning this series is very possible.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:07 AM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
PJ may be a bruins homer and put the habs down from time to time, with a comment like that, but he gives credit where credit is due. That's more than what can be said about some habs fans.

They show no respect, or even acknowledge another team and when Montréal losses they're the first to say they suck and everything should be stripped down.

A lot of you may hate Stock, but my hatred towards some fellow habs is a lot stronger. They're the people you should really be pissed with.
You will find on the "hf boards" people can "give" but they can't take.

They don't realize that they want people that are outrageous, good for entertainment and ratings.

Montreal Canadiens can only be inspired by this talk, so it is all good.....Bruins are probably wishing they would tone it down a bit. Puts more pressure on them.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Cupmonger

Why not make a list of all habs bashers that are part of the media...
Who gives? Remember this?

We enjoy hockey, don't let others ruin it for you.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I don't see how we were physically dominated last game. I see it more like our players being smart and not taking stupid penalties while retaliating. We came very close to winning and with some smarter defensive play winning this series is very possible.
Not physicaly dominated? Dude our players almost entered women abused shelter. Even guys that are usualy gung-ho like the Lappy line were shaking like Leafs on the ice.

And what's sad is when the Bruins started playing hockey in the third, the Habs could never compete.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:38 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Stock, Milbury and Cherry offering their unbiased opinions followed by the tag team of Bob Cole and Greg Millen describing the on-ice action. Does it get any better? I say no.
Massive amount of leaf homers..... ugh
With the one exception of Milbury... he is just plain stupid

Old
04-15-2009, 06:50 AM
CamTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
I seriously don't get this whole "Big physical Boston" team every analyst talks about.

Lucic, Chara and Thornton are all tough dudes i'll give them that but other than that they don't have any really overly physical dominating guys. Wheeler is huge but he barely throws his weight around, Aaron Ward gets hurt every game, guys like Kobasew, Wideman, Bergeron and Stuart won't back down but aren't overly physical then you got guys like Savard, Ryder, and Kessel who clearly aren't going to be physical. With Laraque in the lineup Lucic won't be running at our guys as much (as we saw in the regular season with him in the lineup) and Thornton won't be suckering guys like O'Byrne so I really don't see this huge physical advantage to Boston that all these analysts are talking about.

Yea i do not know why they keep using that one analogy. They should be using that they finished number one with goal differential and that they have a balanced offense with no superstars. In regards to physicality you are pretty bang on. Lucic and Chara will be big hitters. Thornton tries, but he is very ineffective at hitting. Wheeler when he wants to can throw a hit but he doesn't seem to use his big frame as much. Recchi also gives it his all for a smaller guy. And yes, Ward loves to hit but he does also get hurt with some old man injury every second game. Kobasew and Bergeron are also pretty solid hitters who also take a fiar bit of hits. Bitz will throw his weight around also, if he is in the lineup. The rest will just grind it out. Savard and Kessel are obviously targets but they seem to deal with the rough stuff pretty good. In the end, as all of us are fans from both teams it will be an amazing series to watch. I know that myself personally will never take the Habs for granted.

Old
04-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
Watching the CBC preview show and a Habs fan asks him about how the physical players will factor into the series and Stock immediately says Montreal has two players like this, Boston has seven.

These smug "Canadian" Boston homers will be the death of me. Why do they have an all-Boston panel on this stupid channel?
Stock is a 1st class moron. The guy can barely express himself and is truly lucky to have a job in the media. Can anyone explainto me how Milbury has a job at CBC.

I don't even think he's Canadian and was probably the worst GM in the history of the NHL besides Reggie. How does anyone take this guy seriously.

I'm I wrong in thinking that the Habs actually have the largest fanbase in Canada if not the world when compared to other NHL teams.

Based on this we are not well represented on the major Canadian networks.

Old
04-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Carbo N8

PJ has an opinion which, quite frankly, I could care less about. The game is played on the ice, not, in the CBC studios.

If they had focused on the difference in the 2 defenses in terms of the physical play, the opinions would have meant more, imo. The Bruins have a more physical defense, especially if Breezer plays a lot. They will make Habs forwards pay more, if the Habs let them & they are more willing to pay the price from the forecheck than the Habs defense. To me that's the key difference between the 2 teams, not the physicallity of the forwards. Not having Markov to keep the puck moving is a huge blow to the Habs.

Gainey has to make sure the team is ready to play their game, not the Bruins game.

Old
04-15-2009, 07:28 AM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
Stock is a 1st class moron. The guy can barely express himself and is truly lucky to have a job in the media. Can anyone explainto me how Milbury has a job at CBC.

I don't even think he's Canadian and was probably the worst GM in the history of the NHL besides Reggie. How does anyone take this guy seriously.

I'm I wrong in thinking that the Habs actually have the largest fanbase in Canada if not the world when compared to other NHL teams.

Based on this we are not well represented on the major Canadian networks.
If Stock was picking Montreal he would not be a moron. They ask his opinion, and that is all it is, and he gives it.

Milbury, was not a very good general manager but he can talk, knows the game, and is asked for an opinion and gives it. That's his opinion, take it or leave it.

It's "hockey" this is not serious, it is a game, I am entertained by.
They think this team will win or that team will win. In the end the team has to go on the ice and get the job done.

What if these guys are correct and the Canadiens go down in 6 games (quite possible)...then you were wrong, and so what. I cheer for the habs, but, realistically can see them losing, and hope they don't.

I have a bias.....if someone wanted to wager me $1000.00 and I had to bet on the Canadiens, I probably wouldn't.....I may mouth off that the Bruins are going down, but, if it came to "hard cold cash" I would run like a little girl.

Closed Thread