HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Georges Laraques "Thornton's not in my league"

Old
04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
fair rebuttal...but the lucic incident was uncalled for not the chara one but the lucic one...

because had **** hit the fan properly that could've been a career ender for komi man which is not cool no matter what fan base your in
The Lucic incident was simply stupid, and dangerous. I've made it known on both the Bruins and Habs board. I really wouldn't have been angry if he got a game misconduct or even a suspension for it.

Dude really needs to take some anger management classes.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:05 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
Should Komisarek have gotten a misconduct for fighting Krejci in the corner before that all started?
Yes he was "fighting him" with his gloves on...Not really a fight if you ask me. The Bruins D-Men are always roughing up the Habs smaller players...whats the difference?

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Yes he was "fighting him" with his gloves on...Not really a fight if you ask me. The Bruins D-Men are always roughing up the Habs smaller players...whats the difference?
Not to that extent, it was well after the period was over, away from the net, and he had him pinned against the boards. Sure, the Bruins start scuffles in front of the net, etc after Timmy has covered up the puck but so does almost every other team.

Also, more on topic. I don't think Thornton is completely out of Laraque's league, although there is a pretty noticeable size disadvantage.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Should Komisarek have gotten a misconduct for fighting Krejci in the corner before that all started?
Fighting?
You mean Shoving right?..

Komisarek didn't drop the gloves and he pushed/shoved Krejci to which he responded. Krejci didn't skate away and try to protect himself. He stood in front of Komi and answered back. This happens almost every game for every team. The refs then quickly stepped in, so did the rest of the players and Chara pounded on Komi.

If you can't make a difference between an after the whistle scrum between 2 players (one of which is always the aggressor) and dropping the gloves to pound a guy that didn't drop his, then don't try to argue.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:12 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Fighting?

Komisarek didn't drop the gloves and he pushed/shoved Krejci to which he responded. This happens pretty much every game, for every team.
If you can't make a difference between an after the whistle scrum and dropping the gloves to pound a guy that didn't drop his, then don't try to argue.
ah after seeing the youtube...i agree roughing penalty at most

btw thouc capxmorgan that avy is HILARIOUS...haha but she's so pretty lmao! so the habs do have pretty ladies

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:13 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Fighting?

Komisarek didn't drop the gloves and he pushed/shoved Krejci to which he responded. This happens pretty much every game, for every team.
If you can't make a difference between an after the whistle scrum and dropping the gloves to pound a guy that didn't drop his, then don't try to argue.
Komisarek might as well have dropped his gloves, if you're going to go after a guy under 6 feet after a period has ended, expect retribution. It would be more tolerable if Komisarek didn't do it pretty much every game against the Bruins. He switches off between Savard and Krejci, he won't go after anyone that can hold there own ala Bergeron or Kobasew, yet he absolutely will not hesitate to attack our more fragile guys.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
so the habs do have pretty ladies
Can't disagree there, Canadian girls are beautiful more often than not.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Can't disagree there, Montreal girls are beautiful more often than not.
Fixed.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:18 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
I still think he should keep his mouth shut. IMO comments like that only make the Bruins want to beat us more.
How could they possibly? I think unless funny stuff happens we're toast.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Komisarek might as well have dropped his gloves, if you're going to go after a guy under 6 feet after a period has ended, expect retribution. It would be more tolerable if Komisarek didn't do it pretty much every game against the Bruins. He switches off between Savard and Krejci, he won't go after anyone that can hold there own ala Bergeron or Kobasew, yet he absolutely will not hesitate to attack our more fragile guys.
Isn't that the point of ''getting into someone's head''?..
But haven't him and Lucic been back and forth at it for a while??..So I don't see why you're saying he's only going after small players. Komi will go after anybody that's around our net and pressuring our goalie. Small or Big.
Savard is your best forward, you expect our D to take it easy on him because he's smaller?..Krejci is your 2nd line center and has become crucial to your team..you expect him not to be a target?..

Kovalev is our best player..who are you gonna match him up against?..Chara. If Kovalev rushes the net and keeps hitting around Thomas to free up the puck even as the whistle goes by, you're gonna tell me Chara's not gonna do anything??..Of course he will even if he's 1foot tallet, so why shouldn't Komi?
And if Chara hits Kovalev after a whistle and it's 1-1. Laraque will probably not be on the ice but let's say next shift he is. You think Chara will let his gloves drop and not only risk injuring himself (always that risk in a fight) but also take himself out the game for at least 5min?..

Komisarek should expect retribution?..Fine. There's Thornton and Lucic that can fight him cleanly. They would also destroy him because Komi can't fight for crap.
Seeing as Chara was on the ice, of course he'll jump in. He can punch with his gloves on, hands in the face, shove, the usual and it's all good.
But he dropped his gloves, and Komi didn't. Those are the facts.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Isn't that the point of ''getting into someone's head''?..
But haven't him and Lucic been back and forth at it for a while??..
Savard is your best forward, you expect our D to take it easy on him because he's smaller?..Krejci is your 2nd line center and has become crucial to your team..you expect him not to be a target?..

Kovalev is our best player..who are you gonna match him up against?..Chara.
Now, if Chara hits Kovalev after a whistle and it's 1-1. Laraque will probably not be on the ice but let's say next shift he is. You think Chara will let his gloves drop and not only risk injuring himself (always that risk in a fight) but also take himself out the game for at least 5min?..

Komisarek should expect retribution?..Fine. There's Thornton and Lucic that can fight him cleanly. They would also destroy him because Komi can't fight for crap.
Seeing as Chara was on the ice, of course he'll jump in. He can punch with his gloves on, hands in the face, shove, the usual and it's all good.
But he dropped his gloves, and Komi didn't. Those are the facts.
If Chara did the same thing to Kovalev or even Koivu I would fully expect someone to jump in and attack him. You have to stick up for your teammates, etc. It isn't Chara's fault that Komisarek decided to fall down and (I hate using this term) turtle.

Didn't Chara get 4 minutes for it anyways?

Old
04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
All Right Hamilton

Quote:
Chara shouldn't have gotten suspended, but fighting an unwilling opponent should always be a game misconduct. If those uppercuts would have landed clearly, Komi could have been knocked out.
If...but it didn't happen...non issue.

Quote:
Hamrlik's crosschecks aren't dangerous. They will push a player down, and keep him there, but they don't compare to punches given towards the face of an opponent.
I disagree...those weren't love taps from Hamrlik, those were very aggressive, very hard cross checks to the back and neck of a player who WAS ALREADY DOWN...as opposed to using his hands he used his STICK and if you've played, you know getting drilled like that in the back and the unprotected area of the neck, where Ryder got hit, IS dangerous.

Quote:
As for Lucic, a game or two should have been given to him. An assault from behind shouldn't be taken lightly.
Agree, he is quite lucky he did not get a game or two.

All Right Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Laraque can make his biggest impact but staying in Lucic's face all series. If Laraque can break Lucic, it would deflate the Bruins me thinks.

Hemskyfanboy83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
If Chara did the same thing to Kovalev or even Koivu I would fully expect someone to jump in and attack him. You have to stick up for your teammates, etc. It isn't Chara's fault that Komisarek decided to fall down and (I hate using this term) turtle.

Didn't Chara get 4 minutes for it anyways?
Well, that's my point. I'm not saying Chara shouldn't have done what he did. It's part of the game and has always been like that.

What I'm saying is, when you drop your gloves and fight an opponent that clearly doesn't want to partake in it, you should get a game misconduct.

Armstrong hit Koivu cleanly a few years back, after the hit Souray rushed him and fought him. Armstrong did just like Komi and ''turtled''. Souray got a game misconduct.
It's all good, I'm just saying that's usually the penalty given.

You say he got a 4min. Call me crazy, but didn't he drop his gloves and swung a number of punches?..So, we established he fought. Isn't there something called a fighting major?..
But no, he got 4min for roughing?..

The refereeing was horrible during that game. Lucic didn't even get a game misconduct for his action.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
All Right Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Laraque can make his biggest impact but staying in Lucic's face all series. If Laraque can break Lucic, it would deflate the Bruins me thinks.
But if Lucic can keep his cool and play his game, the B's third line (Krejci, Ryder, Lucic) is pretty damn good and George could be a liability from a defensive standpoint.

Old
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

considering both were pretty much invisible the last game...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rician blast View Post
But if Lucic can keep his cool and play his game, the B's third line (Krejci, Ryder, Lucic) is pretty damn good and George could be a liability from a defensive standpoint.
Once again... that's why he's on a line with Higgins and Metropolit.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
All Right Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Once again... that's why he's on a line with Higgins and Metropolit.
Right...Higgins and Metro are both very good defensive players.

But if you're going to use them against the Bruins THIRD line, who are the key defensive forwards that will handle the B's 1st and 2nd lines?

I think this is precisely why the Bruins have stated that they're not loading up one or two lines but trying to spread the wealth...makes for three lines that can both score and defend.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
la25ecoupe

I think Bob won't like the fact that Laraque talk strategy in the open like that..

dumbass.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
If...but it didn't happen...non issue.
So, I guess you punish depending on the injury, not me. When someone drops his gloves and throws punches, it isn't to pinch the guys cheek. It's the KO him. Fights are permitted, so I'd say just a 5min Major is the usual call but seeing as Komi didn't drop his gloves and didn't respond, Chara should have gotten a game misconduct or at the very least a 10min.

Again, I clearly said Chara shouldn't have received any type of suspension. I said a game misconduct.

Quote:
I disagree...those weren't love taps from Hamrlik, those were very aggressive, very hard cross checks to the back and neck of a player who WAS ALREADY DOWN...as opposed to using his hands he used his STICK and if you've played, you know getting drilled like that in the back and the unprotected area of the neck, where Ryder got hit, IS dangerous.
I played all the way to juniors, I had my share of scrums, fights, bruises. When I played, crosschecks weren't as punished as they are today, so I know.
They aren't as dangerous as a 6'9 Giant swinging punches at you.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Right...Higgins and Metro are both very good defensive players.

But if you're going to use them against the Bruins THIRD line, who are the key defensive forwards that will handle the B's 1st and 2nd lines?

I think this is precisely why the Bruins have stated that they're not loading up one or two lines but trying to spread the wealth...makes for three lines that can both score and defend.
I don't think your coach will pair up his defensive line vs our ''defensive'' line. That would be quite stupid.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I don't know if he's not in Laraque's league or not, but the 2 times I saw the 2 fight, they were pretty even... but last time, which was, if my memory serves me right, in the beginning of the season where Laraque wasn't in shape and still hurt, so a healthy Laraque might destroy Thornton...

And, I don't know, given Laraque's reputation as the heavyweight champion, if a Ruin would go after him and win his fight, that might be a huge boost of confidence for them IMO.

When you best the best, who's going to **** with you after that ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
All Right Hamilton

Quote:
I don't think your coach will pair up his defensive line vs our ''defensive'' line. That would be quite stupid.

Huh? I didn't say they would. I responded to someone saying that Laracque would play against Lucic and saying "Once again... that's why he's on a line with Higgins and Metropolit."

That was your guy's supposition, not mine.

Also, the Krejci, Lucic, Ryder line is far from a "defensive" line.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
m00ks

That is all.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Huh? I didn't say they would. I responded to someone saying that Laracque would play against Lucic and saying "Once again... that's why he's on a line with Higgins and Metropolit."

That was your guy's supposition, not mine.

Also, the Krejci, Lucic, Ryder line is far from a "defensive" line.
I thought you were talking about the Bergeron/Recchi/Kobasew line, which is what I consider your 3rd line.

Isn't Lucic playing with Savard and Kessel?