HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Georges Laraques "Thornton's not in my league"

Old
04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
rician blast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So, I guess you punish depending on the injury, not me. When someone drops his gloves and throws punches, it isn't to pinch the guys cheek. It's the KO him. Fights are permitted, so I'd say just a 5min Major is the usual call but seeing as Komi didn't drop his gloves and didn't respond, Chara should have gotten a game misconduct or at the very least a 10min.
Huh? I don't "punish" the guys, I'm not a hockey official. But as a fan, you have to know that often the punishment is a reflection of the injury.

Would Bertuzzi have gotten as large a suspension if the player he acosted was able to get his hands out and break his own fall? No, not even close.

Would McSorley have been punished as sevrely if Barshear didn't get so badly injured? No.

Unfortunately the league DOES take into account the injury...I know it isn't right, but it does come into play.

BTW, in case you missed it, I agreed with you on Chara...but that means all such incidents should carry a misconduct..and they too often do not.

rician blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Habs in 4.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
bluetib

vCash: 50
Laraque using Yoga techniques like Tim Thomas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg georges_laraque.jpg‎ (12.6 KB, 29 views)

bluetib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
instead of playing the violin i think a productive argument would've been much more appreciated

because quite frankly his points were valid and consistent

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Looch was checking the scoreboard to see if they were replaying his goal.

Oh wait, this was before he scored the game winner. My bad.

That is all.
That sounds like the correct description of what's occurring in that particular photograph. Unfortunately, that moment in time doesn't really capture what happened during the rest of the game, i.e. when "Looch" was looking over his shoulder and/or politely declining BGL's repeated invitations to engage in a little friendly pugilism.

Not that I'm suggesting that Lucic should entertain the notion of taking on Laraque, it's a bad trade off and besides no one is going to call him a coward for a season and a half for refusing to fight after playing up the tough guy persona. What kind of fan base would do that? Fortunately, such a myopic, duplicitous and Cro-Magnon filled fan base doesn't exist.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:04 PM
bluetib

vCash: 50
Out of his league, yeah right!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBgGcXVVcA

bluetib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
That sounds like the correct description of what's occurring in that particular photograph. Unfortunately, that moment in time doesn't really capture what happened during the rest of the game, i.e. when "Looch" was looking over his shoulder and/or politely declining BGL's repeated invitations to engage in a little friendly pugilism.

Not that I'm suggesting that Lucic should entertain the notion of taking on Laraque, it's a bad trade off and besides no one is going to call him a coward for a season and a half for refusing to fight after playing up the tough guy persona. What kind of fan base would do that? Fortunately, such a myopic, duplicitous and Cro-Magnon filled fan base doesn't exist.
The irony is strong with this one.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:06 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Looch was checking the scoreboard to see if they were replaying his goal.

Oh wait, this was before he scored the game winner. My bad.

That is all.
that game went to a shootout

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetib View Post
Out of his league, yeah right!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBgGcXVVcA
How about round two

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Hockeyfan68

Do you guys really think that the Bruins will be in the penalty box all night? I mean seriously?

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
CrazyShea

Old
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
CrazyShea

Edit: Double post

Old
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Do you guys really think that the Bruins will be in the penalty box all night? I mean seriously?
LOL you say this like this is what were HOPING for, itll help..but if you guys arent in the box, it means the bruins arent playing as "rough" and thats half the battle, and advantageous for the habs

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
jesus christ, that first fight, both of them only threw 1 punch each, but those 2 blows looked like they could of caved in a freakin mountain...

in that 2nd fight tho..man.... im really starting to think laraques left could of floored ali

Old
04-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
How about round two
lol wrecked... you could really see thorntons leggs just giving up on him after the 3rd blow to the head LOL

Old
04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
jesus christ, that first fight, both of them only threw 1 punch each, but those 2 blows looked like they could of caved in a freakin mountain...

in that 2nd fight tho..man.... im really starting to think laraques left could of floored ali
Too bad chara ruined both fights i would have to see it played out

Old
04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Too bad chara ruined both fights i would have to see it played out
Chara is too tall to be a legit enforcer in this league. He's only effective when he's properly pissed, but when he's going in a staged fight he has to go for the takedown quickly.

It must be a ***** keeping balance on skates when you're that tall.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

I don't care if it Knocks him out or not, heck BGL can lose twice, if he's able to lure Chara to the box twice for a total of 10Min, then he'll have done his job to perfection.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
I don't care if it Knocks him out or not, heck BGL can lose twice, if he's able to lure Chara to the box twice for a total of 10Min, then he'll have done his job to perfection.
totaly agreed, a stretch, but agreed.

Old
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
Chara is too tall to be a legit enforcer in this league. He's only effective when he's properly pissed, but when he's going in a staged fight he has to go for the takedown quickly.

I don't think hes a good enough fighter. He seems more like a wrestler to me in his fights like what he did to mccabe lol. But i have never see him really hold his own against a big legit fighter. Worrell comes to my mind i'm pretty sure i see him kick chara's ass like 5 times but he's not in the nhl anymore for a reason and chara is still there . He just always seems to go for a take down right away against good fighters like laraque and brashear

Old
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
lol. Nice. Unfortunately, this post is a little too clever for who it's addressed to.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post

honestly...this is the quote of the year... someone should put this on the MAIN boards...

a bruins fan defending BIG BAD chara in a fight he DIDNT win for once... because hes... ..wait for it....

wait for it....

TOO TALL LOL!!

WOW....did anyone esle , like..not burst out laugh, i mean CRYYY of laughter after reading this?!?!?!!? GOD i thought id never see something so funny in all my life.... my abs literaly hurt from laughing..

Old
04-15-2009, 04:44 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Actually I think he was avoiding eye contact lest he'd dirty his shorts. Now, please. GTFO here.
Right. In between his game high 9 hits and scoring the GWG.

You guys can blow that horn all you want (that Lucic was scared of him), but facts are facts, and those are:
CJ told him not to go with BGL.
Lucic had 9 hits that game, doesn't sound like someone who was deterred from being physical.
He scored the GWG.

So the facts don't support your position.

And I don't see why you need to act all internet toughguy with "GTFO". There are plenty of Habs fans over on the B's board, some who are engaged in civil, substantive back and forth.

But whatever, do you I guess.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:46 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Fighting?
You mean Shoving right?..

Komisarek didn't drop the gloves and he pushed/shoved Krejci to which he responded. Krejci didn't skate away and try to protect himself. He stood in front of Komi and answered back. This happens almost every game for every team. The refs then quickly stepped in, so did the rest of the players and Chara pounded on Komi.

If you can't make a difference between an after the whistle scrum between 2 players (one of which is always the aggressor) and dropping the gloves to pound a guy that didn't drop his, then don't try to argue.
Komisarek is trying to bait them into the box, he doesn't want to fight. We need him on the ice anyway.

I don't agree with BGL about us being able to hit as well as the Bruins. Boston has Chara, Lucic, Bitz, Stuart, Thornton as big hitters and several others who can effectively make a hit.

We have Komisarek, Latendresse, Laraque (if he catches anyone) and maybe Lapierre, and Koivu.

Not the same magnitude of physicality.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:48 PM
clutchandgrab

Two things I find absolutely amazing. First is that there is SO much discussion about Laraque,on both team's boards.

Second, and this is the one I find so amusing, is that Montreal fans have a habit of talking out of both sides of their mouths. In one breath, they turn their noses up at the "goonish" tactics they feel the Bruins employ. Yet in the next, they start foaming at the mouth begging for Laraque to fight every player on the ice. So which is it Habs fans? Is "goon hockey" unacceptable, or is having a guy on your bench for no other reason than to fightthe way to go?

For anyone expecting some sort of bloodbath, donny-brook filled game, you need to calm down. This is the playoffs. Any "score settling" can wait until next year.

I'm honestly amazed this garbage is getting so much play. If the series comes down to BGL "beating someone up", then many many things have gone wrong prior to that.

Personally, I want to see a PHYSICAL and EMOTIONAL....yet CLEAN series. May be hard to believe for a fan base that worships Komisarek, but PHYSICAL and CLEAN aren't mutually exclusive.

clutchandgrab is offline   Reply With Quote